Page 408 of 413 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by tigman162 View Post
    Received my 162 White Allspace on Friday. Both option packs.
    Got lucky only ordered it 6 weeks ago, dealer happened to have one on way. Loving it so far. First time VW owner.
    Was this build inclusive of the matrix LED headlights? If so let us know what you think of them.

Our 147TDI Elegance (SWB not Allspace) has them and we are wrapped with their brilliant lighting and functionality.

Happy motoring!
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

So we just got the dreaded call from the dealership where we placed our order for a 5 seat Tiguan R-Line. Won't have one until March 2023(ordered December 2021) and it won't have those IQ Drive/safety features, won't have electric tailgate (which was an absolute MUST HAVE for us) and won't have the sound & vision pack. Oh... also will only be silver or white... FFS. They said if we wanted all the features that we asked for it will be Q4 2023 !!

They have said they will have an Allspace R-Line arriving this September though - they weren't clear on whether it had ALL the features we wanted and will 'cost extra' - how much, I don't know. We are still trying to think it over...

Anyone know what should be the price difference roughly between a 2022 Tiguan 5seater vs Allspace? Like a couple grand? (assuming all other options etc are the same).
    In my excitement I ordered & received custom weatherproof floor mats for the 5seat Tiguan as well a couple months ago... any idea if they would fit the Allspace? I suspect the front would be okay... but the rear maybe not?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jasiano View Post
    So we just got the dreaded call from the dealership where we placed our order for a 5 seat Tiguan R-Line. Won't have one until March 2023(ordered December 2021) and it won't have those IQ Drive/safety features, won't have electric tailgate (which was an absolute MUST HAVE for us) and won't have the sound & vision pack. Oh... also will only be silver or white... FFS. They said if we wanted all the features that we asked for it will be Q4 2023 !!

They have said they will have an Allspace R-Line arriving this September though - they weren't clear on whether it had ALL the features we wanted and will 'cost extra' - how much, I don't know. We are still trying to think it over...

Anyone know what should be the price difference roughly between a 2022 Tiguan 5seater vs Allspace? Like a couple grand? (assuming all other options etc are the same).
    In my excitement I ordered & received custom weatherproof floor mats for the 5seat Tiguan as well a couple months ago... any idea if they would fit the Allspace? I suspect the front would be okay... but the rear maybe not?
    We have the Allspace R-Line on order and IIRC it was $2K or $3K more than the 5 seater. Hope that helps.

I guess you may also be able to use the online configuration to get comparative pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    We have the Allspace R-Line on order and IIRC it was $2K or $3K more than the 5 seater. Hope that helps.

I guess you may also be able to use the online configuration to get comparative pricing?
    cool, thanks for that.
    Yeah I checked the online configurator and based the current pricing it's about 2500 or so difference... which I probably would accept if it means getting a car this year (even though it's not the model I wanted).

I guess I'm just worried they will play the "you ordered a 5seater at 2021/22 prices but now we have to charge you 2022/23 prices so it's $7k more" or something like that...

EDIT: yep.. worst fears... a $9k difference in price to go from a 5seater to an allspace with additional (and not removable) $2100 sunroof.
    So basically the ~2500 standard difference plus ~4500 for a 2022/23 price increase. sigh....
    Last edited by jasiano; 28-06-2022 at 05:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I ordered a 5 seater 162 Elegance a couple of weeks ago, basically on the weekend before the news came out that Volkswagen would be removing features from the cars. I was told the delivery date would be Feb-March. I've messaged the dealer to tell them I'd prefer to wait for a car with all the features I've ordered but sounds like that will be end of next year. I'll see what the dealer has to say when they get in touch.
    2011 Golf GTI Edition 35

Users Country Flag
    cool, thanks for that.
    Yeah I checked the online configurator and based the current pricing it's about 2500 or so difference... which I probably would accept if it means getting a car this year (even though it's not the model I wanted).

I guess I'm just worried they will play the "you ordered a 5seater at 2021/22 prices but now we have to charge you 2022/23 prices so it's $7k more" or something like that...

EDIT: yep.. worst fears... a $9k difference in price to go from a 5seater to an allspace with additional (and not removable) $2100 sunroof.
    So basically the ~2500 standard difference plus ~4500 for a 2022/23 price increase. sigh....
    That's nasty... out of curiosity, what was the 2022/2023 price you were quoted for the Allspace R-Line with sunroof? We've ordered a 147TDI with sunroof, sound package and paint for $73K.

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    That's nasty... out of curiosity, what was the 2022/2023 price you were quoted for the Allspace R-Line with sunroof? We've ordered a 147TDI with sunroof, sound package and paint for $73K.
    about that... the wife was on the phone with them and she said they quoted 'around 74k'... which is pretty much what the full price on the website says. We're going to see them in person tonight to have a chat about it. There won't be any discounting I'm sure.... maybe the metallic paint is 'free' at most :/

Users Country Flag
    The information put out in the media indicated blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and Proactive Occupant Protection were the things being removed, with electric tailgate becoming optional not standard. Did they not give you the tailgate option at all? Sounds like they're just trying to give you stock they already have coming?

Out of curiosity, what was the dollar value they offered to reduce off the sale price for the removed features? If you were willing to wait until next year for your car, would it still be at the 21 price?

I ordered a standard R-Line in early November 21, have not yet had the dreaded phone call, but full expect it to happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    The information put out in the media indicated blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and Proactive Occupant Protection were the things being removed, with electric tailgate becoming optional not standard. Did they not give you the tailgate option at all? Sounds like they're just trying to give you stock they already have coming?

Out of curiosity, what was the dollar value they offered to reduce off the sale price for the removed features? If you were willing to wait until next year for your car, would it still be at the 21 price?

I ordered a standard R-Line in early November 21, have not yet had the dreaded phone call, but full expect it to happen at some point.
    electric tailgate was initially in the spec as a standard but has been removed from the 5seat R-Line.
    We didn't get to talking about specific dollar reduction as the tailgate was actually a non-negotiable feature for us.. also don't want to wait until 'probably' March 2023 to get something without the features we needed.
    If we waited until basically Q4 2023 to get what we ordered initially it would have been at the original price ~65k or so all up.
    From the website I think at current prices it would be around $69k or so.

And yes, they are absolutely offering something that they already have ordered and is arriving... I reckon because it's fully optioned, they may have actually been planning to use it as a demo/display model initially but I guess getting some $$$ for it doesn't hurt them....

UPDATE: we went to the dealership earlier tonight and had a chat with the sales manager directly. Nice guy, seemed genuinely as disappointed as we were (although I'm sure there's at least a bit of salemanship going on there). Anyway... was offered the new allspace rline at 2022/23 prices (73k fully optioned arriving in Sept), but he did some digging and found a possible 2022 5-seater Tiguan Elegance with the colour we wanted, S&V pack, and without the sunroof (which we didn't want anyway) - it's on its way to another dealership but he said he might be able to get it to us also at 2021/22 prices... so ~$62k and change and arriving in November.

My logical side (I'm an engineer after all) says no brainer just take the elegance, it's cheaper than what we were originally going to pay for our original R-Line and it's got all the features, just looks different.
    My emotional side (the 'I love cars' side) says the Elegance just doesn't look quite as nice as the R-Line on the outside and YOLO spend the extra $11k (!) on the allspace in a different colour (still blue) with an extra sunroof we don't want...

man I hate VW right now....
    Last edited by jasiano; 29-06-2022 at 10:39 PM.

Users Country Flag

Pick up our new R-Line Tiguan Allspace later this week.
    Looking forward to it, got super lucky with stock, ordered about 6wks ago locally.

Page 408 of 413 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410 ... LastLast