Page 394 of 413 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Just got informed that the shipment incorporating my Tiguan has been quarantined in Port Melbourne. Now even further delayed with the software install yet to be done.
    Odd that the same shipment delivered to Port Kembla several days later has already been delivered to dealers thought NSW.
    MY22 Tiguan 162 Elegance
    Sound and Vision , Sunroof packages
    Fireball Graphene Butterfly ceramic coating
    Thinkware U1000 dash cams

I wonder what that quarantining is about? the whole ship or specific car models only.

I got your pm thanks. I was aware of that Prixcar tracking.

I still have not heard anything on my Elegance. A bit frustrating that they (dealer) don't provide any progress update and if I want know something I have to call them. Hopefully soon as they would want payment I'm guessing for the sale.
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Quarantine can be as a result of a piece of grass in a tyre tread to a dead bug.
    MY22 Tiguan 162 Elegance

Just got a call from the dealer.

Our car is being registered to day.

The Hold order from Volkswagen Australia was lifted late yesterday.

Upon asking, the sales guy said that the software update was safety system related for the camera in the windscreen that is used for the AEB and other functions.

The hold order apparently was on not new Tiguans but also Golfs.

Won't be too long now
    BeigeJet

BeigeJet. I don't think the car was "registered today". What I understand is that it was passing "Compliance" today. i.e. the AU Compliance plate fitted. (That is if they still fit compliance plates to new cars. I heard it was going all online from last July) Once passed compliance, the cars can be shipped to the dealerships.
    If you have your VIN you can track the car via Prixcar Tracking site.
    MY22 Tiguan 162 Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by allypally View Post
    BeigeJet. I don't think the car was "registered today". What I understand is that it was passing "Compliance" today. i.e. the AU Compliance plate fitted. (That is if they still fit compliance plates to new cars. I heard it was going all online from last July) Once passed compliance, the cars can be shipped to the dealerships.
    AllyPally,

The car has been at the dealership since 05/11 and was registered in VIC today. I got the call this morning and now have the rego, VIN and I've paid the invoice.

The salesman also sent my a 5 lovely photos so that the wife can see her new car.

Just awaiting the transport company to pickup from the dealer (that has been booked for Thursday) and deliver to my door.
    BeigeJet

Users Country Flag
    AFAIK its still a legal requirement for vehicles to have a compliance sticker on them Our August Complied one certainly has.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hello everyone,

Just joined! I ordered a new Tiguan back on 17 September 2021. I got lucky, as all dealers were telling me April '22 and I kept calling until I got a cancelled order.

Here are the vehicle details:
    2022 Tiguan 162TSI Elegance
    Nightshade Blue with Storm Grey Leather
    Sound & Vision package

It's been offloaded from Fremantle Port and now it's undergoing pre-delivery, tinting and coating. There kept trying to move the date, saying things like "quarantine" blah blah, but I didn't trust them. I got the VIN number from the dealer, tracked it online and said to the dealer "I can see it arrived on 19 October...so please explain". One of my mate's said they had an experience where the dealer kept delaying the delivery so they could have it on their showroom floor! So I was very persistent with my chasing...lol.

Anyway, I'm planning to pick up Monday 29 November and super (super!) excited.

Cheers

Great to see that you may finally get your new Tiggy. I hope you are getting the coating after handover, and not paying premium for a dealer to half do the job themselves. Mine is still sitting on the wharf in Melbourne. Now through quarantine and should have had the compliance done yesterday. As far as I have been told it should be on a truck next monday for transfer to Prixcars in Kembla Grange then onto the local dealership
    MY22 Tiguan 162 Elegance

. Mine is still sitting on the wharf in Melbourne. Now through quarantine and should have had the compliance done yesterday. As far as I have been told it should be on a truck next monday for transfer to Prixcars in Kembla Grange then onto the local dealership
    A bit of a pain it wasn't off loaded in Port Kembla.

I got a photo by text this morning of mine loaded onto the car transporter and leaving the dealership on it's way to us. Should have it in a couple of business days at the most.

Wife is quite excited that it is now so close.
    BeigeJet

Page 394 of 413 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404 ... LastLast