Page 388 of 413 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Our MY21 Allspace R-Line has been going pretty well - 6 months in and 10,000km. Yesterday driving the kids to an outing the low engine oil warning came on - we pulled into a servo and I checked the oil and it was indeed low. I did a top-up which removed the warning - but I'm wondering is this normal for a Tiguan? It's the first time I've had this happen to a new car I've owned and had dealer serviced - and we had this car checked at 1,000km no issues.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ds7ghss View Post
    Our MY21 Allspace R-Line has been going pretty well - 6 months in and 10,000km. Yesterday driving the kids to an outing the low engine oil warning came on - we pulled into a servo and I checked the oil and it was indeed low. I did a top-up which removed the warning - but I'm wondering is this normal for a Tiguan? It's the first time I've had this happen to a new car I've owned and had dealer serviced - and we had this car checked at 1,000km no issues.
    You mean you havent checked the oil for 6 months????

Even on a new car I check it every WEEK whether I use it or not. Wouldnt be the first time a union has come loose or a hose splits.. Cant believe some are so slack.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You mean you havent checked the oil for 6 months????

Even on a new car I check it every WEEK whether I use it or not. Wouldnt be the first time a union has come loose or a hose splits.. Cant believe some are so slack.
    No need to publicly shame me.

No I haven't checked it - neither did I check it on previous cars. I get all my cars serviced within the service schedule (15,000km or 12 months whichever comes first) and haven't had a problem before.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ds7ghss View Post
    No need to publicly shame me.

No I haven't checked it - neither did I check it on previous cars. I get all my cars serviced within the service schedule (15,000km or 12 months whichever comes first) and haven't had a problem before.
    Lucky you but as VW say their cars can use up to a L in 1000km it would pay to pull the dipstick occasionally in your own interest. Cheaper than running out of oil. FYI a Tiguan holds 6.7l of oil so might not go 15K on that amount eh

When we were vanning full time I checked oil, water and tyres, EVERY morning before doing anything else, whether car had moved or not.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-07-2021 at 02:14 PM.

I check my oil once a year.. on my hyundai. Never been an issue. Used to be twice a year but getting slack as the car is 14 years old

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Chb23 View Post
    I check my oil once a year.. on my hyundai. Never been an issue. Used to be twice a year but getting slack as the car is 14 years old
    Wont be an issue till it is then you can scrap it.. I cant believe people have so much trust in any car so as to do nothing to it in a year. Next post will be my car is overheating and making rattling noises. Its certainly not clever

I have more respect for any machinery than that. When bus driving we were made to kick tyres check oil and water and that it had been fueled EVERY MORNING so I do my cars weekly as dont use them every day..

I had a Bluebird Diesel that used a pint every 1000k Never needed an oil change because with constant top ups oil was always fresh LOL

Every morning is extreme end and once a year is the other end haha.

Anyway, wrong thread for this.

Where the fk is my tiguan life 110tsi!!! Ordered end of April, got told sept/Oct and still not heard anything.

Makes me think October is not going to happen.

Every morning, reminds me of the ADF days. Always first parade a vehicle before going anywhere.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Chb23 View Post
    Every morning is extreme end and once a year is the other end haha.

Anyway, wrong thread for this.

Where the fk is my tiguan life 110tsi!!! Ordered end of April, got told sept/Oct and still not heard anything
    Makes me think October is not going to happen.

Every morning is not extreme when the vehicle is doing about 650k in a day, same with my taxi. Is called preventative maintenance and if anything happened and it wasnt done we would have been down the road.

Once a year is plain lunacy

Why dont you ask for its VIN and track it. Easy to do as I tracked our Skoda every inch of the way around the world till it arrived in port on Saturday. Ordered April 10th arrived July 18th in Brissy
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 28-07-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Every morning is not extreme when the vehicle is doing about 650k in a day, same with my taxi. Is called preventative maintenance and if anything happened and it wasnt done we would have been down the road.

Once a year is plain lunacy

Why dont you ask for its VIN and track it. Easy to do as I tracked our Skoda every inch of the way around the world till it arrived in port on Saturday. Ordered April 10th arrived July 18th in Brissy
    Have asked for any update and got told no updates yet. Also got told I'd get an email from VW with updates on build etc

Page 388 of 413 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast