Page 385 of 413 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Sequentialist View Post
    Are you sure they have removed adaptive lane guidance and traffic jam assist from the current Allspace? Even with the Driver Assist Pack?

That seems like a strange decision when the hardware on the car very likely supports it.

We have been coming considering an Allspace (current model, comfortline, Driver Assist Pack), and had assumed these features would be present as they were part of my MY17 base model Golf with the DAP.

Would love to know more if you have any additional info on why they’ve taken this step, and confirmation that even the DAP doesn’t include these features.

If anyone with a connection to VW or a dealer could chip in here, that would be great too.

Thanks heaps!
    Mike
    Yes I own one and I can confirm they’re removed adaptive lane guidance from the MY21 Allspace even with driver assist. If you look at the MY21 brochure on the VW website they removed any mention of it also.

I’ve asked VW Australia and they confirmed it was removed but won’t say why. Dealer told me it had it but on the delivered vehicle it didn’t. It has IQ drive which includes “lane assist” but it doesn’t keep the vehicle positioned and slightly vibrates and does a large ding warning noise when you leave lane slightly with a new message “drive in the centre of the lane”

As annoying as it is, I was able to enable adaptive lane guidance which locks in the car within the lane and keep it there via long coding in OBDEleven (apps aren’t supported on MY21) ensuring the bonnet is unlatched when doing changes and hard rebooting the infotainment unit.

I can’t get personalisation to work as we don’t have online services in Australia but the buttons on the driver’s seat is sufficient to swap drivers.

The only benefit I see of the MY21 Allspace is the wireless CarPlay but I had to install a wireless charger also as it doesn’t come with one still 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by ds7ghss View Post
    Yes I own one and I can confirm they’re removed adaptive lane guidance from the MY21 Allspace even with driver assist. If you look at the MY21 brochure on the VW website they removed any mention of it also.

I’ve asked VW Australia and they confirmed it was removed but won’t say why. Dealer told me it had it but on the delivered vehicle it didn’t. It has IQ drive which includes “lane assist” but it doesn’t keep the vehicle positioned and slightly vibrates and does a large ding warning noise when you leave lane slightly with a new message “drive in the centre of the lane”

As annoying as it is, I was able to enable adaptive lane guidance which locks in the car within the lane and keep it there via long coding in OBDEleven (apps aren’t supported on MY21) ensuring the bonnet is unlatched when doing changes and hard rebooting the infotainment unit.

I can’t get personalisation to work as we don’t have online services in Australia but the buttons on the driver’s seat is sufficient to swap drivers.

The only benefit I see of the MY21 Allspace is the wireless CarPlay but I had to install a wireless charger also as it doesn’t come with one still I have ordered/received my New Tiguan*I have ordered/received my New Tiguan
    That’s incredibly frustrating - did you raise the issue with the dealer, given they had told you that full lane following was included?

It makes no sense that it’s been removed, given the feature has been around for a few years and functions so well. (My 2017 Golf had the driver assist pack, and the lane following was exceptionally well implemented.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag

The only benefit I see of the MY21 Allspace is the wireless CarPlay but I had to install a wireless charger also as it doesn’t come with one still ��*♂️
    I got one of these and it is neat and works well FIts in consloe and enough room to neatly pat cable behind it.

Car Qi Wireless Charger Silicone Pad Cradle Stand Dock 10W for Samsung S20 S10 Wireless Fast Charging for iPhone 11 Pro Xs Max 8|Wireless Chargers| - AliExpress
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Can you share how you did this or post a link.
    I may need this on a MY21 T-ROC with IQ drive.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I got one of these and it is neat and works well FIts in consloe and enough room to neatly pat cable behind it.

Car Qi Wireless Charger Silicone Pad Cradle Stand Dock 10W for Samsung S20 S10 Wireless Fast Charging for iPhone 11 Pro Xs Max 8|Wireless Chargers| - AliExpress
    Thanks - won’t work for me without another adapter since MY21 only has USB-C and that product has a USB-A plug

I ended up with a $7 Ikea USB-C one and it’s seems to do the job:

LIVBOJ Wireless charger, black - IKEA

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Can you share how you did this or post a link.
    I may need this on a MY21 T-ROC with IQ drive.
    Yes you will since T-ROC also lost adaptive lane guidance for MY21

I posted instructions in the VCDS sticky thread - make sure you pop the bonnet before and reboot your head unit afterwards

Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

That’s incredibly frustrating - did you raise the issue with the dealer, given they had told you that full lane following was included?

It makes no sense that it’s been removed, given the feature has been around for a few years and functions so well. (My 2017 Golf had the driver assist pack, and the lane following was exceptionally well implemented.)
    Yes we also had a 2017 7.5 Golf Wagon which had adaptive lane guidance which is why I specifically asked for it. The dealer pleaded ignorant and said it still has lane assist which I had to explain is not the same 😠

I went to VW Australia they tried to contact the dealer and they didn’t respond - so I gave up and turned it on myself

Yes we also had a 2017 7.5 Golf Wagon which had adaptive lane guidance which is why I specifically asked for it. The dealer pleaded ignorant and said it still has lane assist which I had to explain is not the same I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

I went to VW Australia they tried to contact the dealer and they didn’t respond - so I gave up and turned it on myself
    Far out. What a messy situation. Why on earth is VW doing this, when the hardware is clearly there on these cars, and works really well!

Does anyone know if the Tiguan Life (new version, facelifted) definitely supports these features?

The brochure says it does... but is it right?

Cheers
    Mike

Users Country Flag
    That's interesting - my new model 162kw MY21 Passat I just took delivery of has Adaptive Lane Guidance incorporated in the IQ Drive suite of assistants ....... "Lane Assist with Adaptive Lane Guidance" .... Allspace and T-Roc aren't built in Germany I wonder if that's a factor?

Far out. What a messy situation. Why on earth is VW doing this, when the hardware is clearly there on these cars, and works really well!

Does anyone know if the Tiguan Life (new version, facelifted) definitely supports these features?

The brochure says it does... but is it right?

Cheers
    Mike

Hey guys

Excited to have my new Tiguan Life - picked it up on Thursday!

Briefly paused the process to consider an Allspace, but the de-speccing of Travel Assist was a dealbreaker.

Stoked with my final decision!

Cheers
    Mike

Page 385 of 413 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast