Page 384 of 413 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by ds7ghss View Post
    Our MY21 r-line Allspace has started slowing down with adaptive cruise with cars in the lane to the LEFT and not passing them.

It’s always done this with cars in the lane to the RIGHT - due to the undertaking prevention “feature” which is super annoying - however slowing for cars on the left is just dangerous.

Anyone else seen this? I asked the VE service centre and they said I need to book it in to get it looked at which I’ll do next week.
    Yes our MY19 SWB is the same. We have defeated undertaking prevention, which made a big difference, but it still can be nervous (and slow down) when passing cars on either side if it judges them to be too close - which they aren't. Sometimes I take it off cruise and drive 'manually' to prevent it happening. With cars on the right, it only seems to happen if they are much slower eg merging on a RH on-lane. There is nothing wrong with your car, it is normal behaviour.
    MY19 Tiguan Highline R-Line

Quote Originally Posted by Ricka View Post
    Yes our MY19 SWB is the same. We have defeated undertaking prevention, which made a big difference, but it still can be nervous (and slow down) when passing cars on either side if it judges them to be too close - which they aren't. Sometimes I take it off cruise and drive 'manually' to prevent it happening. With cars on the right, it only seems to happen if they are much slower eg merging on a RH on-lane. There is nothing wrong with your car, it is normal behaviour.
    It’s just weird in 3.5 years and nearly 70,000 km driving the golf with adaptive cruise I never saw it happen with a car on the left even once

With software in particular, manufacturers are constantly "improving" their product. Also Tig has very different camera/sensor placements to a Golf.
    MY19 Tiguan Highline R-Line

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys,

Just picked up my new Tiguan Allspace 162TSI MY21 (Nov ‘20 build) in white. Has the Sound & Vision and R-Line packages, and Sunroof.

Loving it so far except for the throttle delay... super annoying in drive, still annoying in sport but not as bad. It’s either barely on, or on full! I am waiting on my OBD11 device so keen to try the coding to change throttle to direct, but from reports on here I suspect a pedal box might need to be ordered (although I’m a bit skeptical seeing some negative reports). It also seems to be far too economically minded and lugs along in as high a gear as possible when in drive. The ACC also leaves too big of a gap, need to play with it a bit more to see if I can find the sweet spot.

I’d love to get a stage 1 tune but just not prepared to lose engine / drivetrain warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2021 VW Tiguan Allspace Highline 162TSI R-Line (His)
    2018 Ford Escape ST-Line (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by sawy3r View Post
    Hi guys,

Just picked up my new Tiguan Allspace 162TSI MY21 (Nov ‘20 build) in white. Has the Sound & Vision and R-Line packages, and Sunroof.

Loving it so far except for the throttle delay... super annoying in drive, still annoying in sport but not as bad. It’s either barely on, or on full! I am waiting on my OBD11 device so keen to try the coding to change throttle to direct, but from reports on here I suspect a pedal box might need to be ordered (although I’m a bit skeptical seeing some negative reports). It also seems to be far too economically minded and lugs along in as high a gear as possible when in drive. The ACC also leaves too big of a gap, need to play with it a bit more to see if I can find the sweet spot.

I’d love to get a stage 1 tune but just not prepared to lose engine / drivetrain warranty

No need for a pedal box if you are changing with obdeleven.

Reccomend the haldex adjustment as well to improve throttle response even further.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugly View Post
    No need for a pedal box if you are changing with obdeleven.

Reccomend the haldex adjustment as well to improve throttle response even further.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Brilliant, thanks for that mate! Those plus the overtaking on the left will be my first three changes, oh plus maybe the GTI / R dash view.

Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Can change gap in ACC to about 3 different distances. Lag can be just the clutches changing as in if you coast up behind something or up to lights and they change.

Gears are lined up to change down as car slows. Suddenly you hit the loud pedal and it says "Oh s*** he wants to go the other way and has to swap over to the other one. Only takes milliseconds but seems longer..

Also give it a chance to loosen up, mine is just coming so after 9,00km

Pedal boxes are rubbish along with the likes of Hiclones and Brock Polarisers..

Yes they are designed to change up early but you cant have economy and lightning takeoffs.

You may find also that you OBDII wont do as much as on pre 2020 models.

I would have waited and got someone to try it before buying
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Hillbilly! I’ll have a play with the ACC some more and see how it goes.

Makes sense about the gearbox, I think that’s definitely part of it, it’s my first DSG coming from a couple of different cars with ZF transmissions there’s certainly a learning curve.

Will see re: the OBDELEVEN but saw a post from another fellow who had some success with a MY21 so thought heck let’s give it a go hehe

MY21 Allspace doesn’t have adaptive lane guidance, traffic jam assist or emergency assist on any grade.

“Personalisation” (saving seats, mirrors etc) to keys also isn’t offered on any grade as there’s no connected services to create user accounts.

Seems like a backwards step from MY20
    Are you sure they have removed adaptive lane guidance and traffic jam assist from the current Allspace? Even with the Driver Assist Pack?

That seems like a strange decision when the hardware on the car very likely supports it.

We have been coming considering an Allspace (current model, comfortline, Driver Assist Pack), and had assumed these features would be present as they were part of my MY17 base model Golf with the DAP.

Would love to know more if you have any additional info on why they’ve taken this step, and confirmation that even the DAP doesn’t include these features.

If anyone with a connection to VW or a dealer could chip in here, that would be great too.

Thanks heaps!
    Mike

Users Country Flag

MY21 Allspace doesn’t have adaptive lane guidance, traffic jam assist or emergency assist on any grade.

“Personalisation” (saving seats, mirrors etc) to keys also isn’t offered on any grade as there’s no connected services to create user accounts.

Seems like a backwards step from MY20
    There is no connected services as we simply dont have that i Australia. You have to have a unit in the glovebox with a SIM card to get that and ours dont have them. Have managed to personalise keys in a 2019 and no user accounts in that one either. It does it in the MMI.

For the first time on a Volkswagen Tiguan, standard equipment adds a digital instrument cluster, LED headlights, powered boot release and a full suite of ‘IQ. Drive’ safety features including adaptive cruise control.

Standard kit includes Volkswagen’s newly-named ‘IQ. Drive’ safety gear with adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go traffic function, autonomous emergency braking, lane-keep guidance and assist, rear-cross traffic assist, front and rear parking sensors and driver fatigue detection.

So why hasnt yours got all this
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 384 of 413 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394 ... LastLast