Page 410 of 413 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Mine has been almost the exact same story as yours however I was told delivery next March. Checked recently and they are still saying March but offered me an elegance model for $3k more than I have locked in the r-line.

I’ve ended up buying a T-roc R, the way the Tiguan is tracking it may just be available when I’m ready to change cars again I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Users Country Flag

I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Wrong thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have ordered/received my New Tiguan-img_5207-jpg   I have ordered/received my New Tiguan-img_5206-jpg  

I have ordered/received my New Tiguan-img_5205-jpg  
    Last edited by smurf; 12-08-2022 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Removed

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Mine has been almost the exact same story as yours however I was told delivery next March. Checked recently and they are still saying March but offered me an elegance model for $3k more than I have locked in the r-line.
    Out of curiosity did they mention whether you would be impacted by the whole semi-conductor gimped features? Blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert removal and optional electronic tailgate?

Users Country Flag
    I've been notified by the dealership that our Tiguan is in the country and due for delivery within the next week or two.

Seems any care packages and accessories (ceramic coatings, tint, side steps, roof racks etc) get added to the pre-delivery price, so attract additional LCT and stamp duty...

Think it'll be better to just pick the car up and drive it down the road to get all that aftermarket (or from the dealership at a later date).

All these crazy taxes are just out of control... more gov't cash grabbing - disadvantages the dealership.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    Out of curiosity did they mention whether you would be impacted by the whole semi-conductor gimped features? Blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert removal and optional electronic tailgate?
    Literally have had no communication aside from when I contact them and the reply is always still March next year with not additional info. I was told by another dealer that the March date is unlikely because VW aren’t releasing any build dates on the Tiguan r-lines atm.

At this rate I pick up my t-roc r this week, by the time the Tiguan arrives I’ll likely be ready for a new car anyway!

Users Country Flag
    Received another update 're delivery: now pushed back to July'23, which has added a further 153 days delay in one fell swoop - to make it now 618 days since order placed/deposit paid.

I hope there's enough people with memories to treat those that are currently acting in an unscrupulous, unethical or deceptive manner when the tide eventually turns to ensure their current actions come back to bite them firmly on their collective R's

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stTiggie View Post
    Received another update 're delivery: now pushed back to July'23, which has added a further 153 days delay in one fell swoop - to make it now 618 days since order placed/deposit paid.
    At least you've received a date, albeit a pretty terrible one. I ordered my R-Line at the very start of November 21 (286 days and counting), have not got any information whatsoever. Would I rather be fed a random made up date or told nothing at all? Both are sure to be disappointing. I'm not sure why some dealers seem to be able to give dates and others not?

What I do know is, if I ordered another car brand I would most likely have the car already. It's hardly worth considering this as I'm balls deep in this order already, every car brand has increased prices as has VW, if I ordered one now it would be $4k more expensive. If and when my order does show up, I hope to hell they don't try and make me pay extra for it.

The complete lack of transparency from VW is pretty pathetic and I suspect that the dealers have about as much clue as any of us. What really pisses me off is the magical amount of stock the dealers appear to have available to sell at an inflated price? All cancelled orders? Why would you cancel an order that was currently in the process of being built? I do sometimes wonder if some of this magical available stock is some poor persons order they have decided to sell to a person willing to pay well and above sticker price.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    It's hardly worth considering this as I'm balls deep in this order already, every car brand has increased prices as has VW, if I ordered one now it would be $4k more expensive. If and when my order does show up, I hope to hell they don't try and make me pay.
    Unless your contract is a fixed price contract or the price adjustment clauses have been removed, expect to pay the $4k extra or even more !

It's a sellers market and all us consumers will either have to pay more or do without
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BeigeJet View Post
    Unless your contract is a fixed price contract or the price adjustment clauses have been removed, expect to pay the $4k extra or even more !

It's a sellers market and all us consumers will either have to pay more or do without
    Sigh.... Just checked the contract.

"If the manufacturer increases the cost of the new vehicle to to the Dealer, the Dealer is only entitled to pass on to the Purchaser ,an increase of up to and including 5%, of the Total Factory Price of the Vehicle"

I know there are others on here who have implied their dealers weren't going to pass this extra cost on. I guess it's an argument when/if the car actually turns up. No doubt VW will increase the price again between now and the car arriving.

Users Country Flag

My wife received her fully-optioned Tiguan Allspace R-Line 147TDI today.

We originally ordered at the end of March, with delivery end of June. Got delayed a couple of times and arrived last week.

Was a bit of drama and we were planning to cancel the order, but all was sorted out in the end.

Page 410 of 413 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412 ... LastLast