Page 403 of 413 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4122

Thread: I have ordered/received my New Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vwcorrerog View Post
    Are you saying that it's a 10 month firm? I got told this by my dealer and also got this confirmed by a reputable source at head office. I honestly hope you get it soon, as the time lines they are quoting are obscene
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    I ordered my R line may 2021 and was told it would be here in six months....Since then i think they have revised my delivery date about six times and is currently expected in October 2022.

Vwcorrerog your information sounds more correct to me going off my experience but in saying that good luck to you Adrian if you can get it in 10 months.
    Well.. 3 separate dealers said it's showing Feb/March date for orders placed now. I can only go on their word, and some others on a Tiguan R Facebook group seem to have similar times given.

See what happens, my name is down for an earlier delivery if possible, due to cancellation etc. I'm not in a super hurry, so I've resigned myself to the fact it arrives when it arrives... hopefully <12 months.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian_R View Post
    Well.. 3 separate dealers said it's showing Feb/March date for orders placed now. I can only go on their word, and some others on a Tiguan R Facebook group seem to have similar times given.

See what happens, my name is down for an earlier delivery if possible, due to cancellation etc. I'm not in a super hurry, so I've resigned myself to the fact it arrives when it arrives... hopefully <12 months.
    Are the long delays for all new Tiguans? Or specific models (ie. Tiguan R)?

Users Country Flag
    test drove a Golf R and Tiguan R back to back today... left with a deposit down on a Tiguan R that is due to arrive in November . Totally different animal to my 162 R Line
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Quote Originally Posted by VR28LT View Post
    test drove a Golf R and Tiguan R back to back today... left with a deposit down on a Tiguan R that is due to arrive in November . Totally different animal to my 162 R Line
    I've owned my tiguan R for about a month now. You'll be very happy with it!

Users Country Flag
    This will be my first VW (if it ever arrives) - I had been looking forward to experiencing what the hype is about with the Tiguan - but this saga, which still has some time to run, has left a rather sour taste. I appreciate that others may have had a different journey & would like to understand why that might be… these are my observations & experience thus far:

Volkswagen appears to be over promising & under delivering on their stated delivery timelines.

Whilst the dealership salesperson is likely not ranked in the top echelon of trustworthy soles by some, there may be a ‘garbage in – garbage out’ factor happening with the current quoted/ projected delivery times/ straight answers… the actual source/s of the issues & muddying of the waters may be found much further up upstream.

A dealer (who I won’t further identify for obvious reasons), revealed that VW are rated last in the accuracy & timeliness in the ‘communication’ stakes within the multiple marques the group deals with – apparently it can take months from when they place an order before any acknowledgement/ confirmation is received back… & that tone continues as time goes on re receiving updates. After expressing my observations as outlined here, a general affirmation was the response.

The official VW Australia Configurator web page appears to be routinely providing ‘very optimistic’ delivery estimates. My order was placed in early December ’21 – at the time that site was advising May ’22 (5.5 months). The selling dealer advised some time later that the ETA would be July ’22 (7.5 months), a 35%+ discrepancy. Given the German reputation for accuracy, that degree of error was quite surprising - hopefully just an anomaly I thought at the time… sadly much worse was to come.

I have since received several incremental delivery-date estimate updates – however, the most recent... received a week or so ago - in a single stroke & without any explanation, added another 7 months & brought my expected wait time to around 15 months… a doubling of my initial advice time & an almost trebling of the time projected on the website at the time I placed my order.

On the same day as I received each of those revisions I went back to the site & re-entered my build details… & the delivery date estimates were more ‘optimistic’ each time when compared to my updated advices. According to the site a week ago, the same vehicle ordered then should be available to drive off the dealer’s forecourt in March ’23, (around a 10 month delay), in fact only a few weeks after my most recently received projected delivery date. As mine was ordered over 5 months earlier, that makes a circa 70% discrepancy.

That rather concerning pattern of the site routinely supplying us consumers with what could be described by some as ‘deceptive or misleading information’ - might be something the ACCC or Fair Trading would be interested in looking at.

Are there shipments of the Tiguan arriving/scheduled to arrive in Australia weekly/fortnightly as the various projected dates appear to be intimating?

Have others recently received a revised date blowout of the same sorts of magnitude as above & if so, any explanation as to why such a massive hit?

In recent times, what sorts of times have members waited before actually receiving their vehicle, or have been advised they will be waiting from their dealers?

When is the next facelift due?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stTiggie View Post
    This will be my first VW (if it ever arrives) - I had been looking forward to experiencing what the hype is about with the Tiguan - but this saga, which still has some time to run, has left a rather sour taste. I appreciate that others may have had a different journey & would like to understand why that might be… these are my observations & experience thus far:

Volkswagen appears to be over promising & under delivering on their stated delivery timelines.
    What kind of Tiguan have you ordered? I'm currently left in limbo after discovering the car I've been "tracking" doesn't actually exist - 147TDI Allspace R-Line with sound and sunroof, and one of 3 (non-white) paint options.

Yeah, I think it may be a symptom of a sales culture at the branch and/or corporate level... I was honestly surprised when given our original timeline of a couple of months, but I think that was just to get us on the hook. It's really not needed and just erodes credibility and trust - (IMO) it's better to under-promise and over-deliver, or at least be a straight-shooter.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    What kind of Tiguan have you ordered? I'm currently left in limbo after discovering the car I've been "tracking" doesn't actually exist - 147TDI Allspace R-Line with sound and sunroof, and one of 3 (non-white) paint options.
    You mean one like this?

Vehicles in Stock | Volkswagen Australia

There are currently as at 9.43am today 6 non white 147TDI R Line Allspace listed on Volkswagen's Australian stock search.
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTiggie View Post
    This will be my first VW (if it ever arrives) -
    Are there shipments of the Tiguan arriving/scheduled to arrive in Australia weekly/fortnightly as the various projected dates appear to be intimating?

Have others recently received a revised date blowout of the same sorts of magnitude as above & if so, any explanation as to why such a massive hit?
    Sorry to hear your pain but the vast majority of brands are having similar delays with new vehicles.

I don't think the ACCC would be interested in assisting either as they haven't been really awoken from their hibernation for years,

The big issue in Europe is the ongoing supply chain issues from COVID and now the conflict in the Ukraine.

I understand that some of the Tiguan wiring looms are pre assembled in the Ukraine while a good amount of fittings come from Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary. My 147TDI Tiguan was built in May 2021 and I can see the made in XXX on alot of the fittings throughout the car. As an example the Matrix LED headlight assemblies are made in Czech Republic

All of these nations are reliant on other EU nations for materials and energy and the main gas supply from Russia has or is being interrupted.

I looked on the UK VW website site and it's indicating delays of 15 months! And the UK is only 500+ km from Germany!

I was lucky to find an unallocated vehicle on the VW Aust stock search page on their website.

As a guide my vehicle landed in Australia the 1st week of Sept 2021 well before the Ukraine Russia conflict. When I paid my deposit in the last week of Oct (vehicle sitting in an Altona holding yard awaiting shipment to the assigned dealership) it look VW Aust and or the transporter (Prixcar) almost 2 weeks to get it to the dealership. Admittedly the dealer was a regional dealer in the far corner of VIC.

From time of deposit payment to receiving the car was 4 weeks so I cannot complain in the slightest, I even paid additional to have it delivered to our door in Melbourne.

If possible try to be patient as the vehicle will be well worth the wait. If anything any revisions to specs will be incorporated into the build (assuming VW don't do what BMW have reportedly been doing and deleting some semi conductor heavy spec equipment).

Happy motoring,
    BeigeJet

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BeigeJet View Post
    You mean one like this?

Vehicles in Stock | Volkswagen Australia

There are currently as at 9.43am today 6 non white 147TDI R Line Allspace listed on Volkswagen's Australian stock search.

Ok... time to call the dealer. There are even a couple there that are less than what I ordered for.

Thanks for this =) I didn't even think to check that site. I guess it doesn't matter that I'm in Qld, right?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    I guess it doesn't matter that I'm in Qld, right?
    Unfortunately it's a sellers market for the next couple of years.

A sale is a sale BUT they may ask for a higher price for transport from another state.

OR if you have the time fly to the respective destination and drive home
    BeigeJet

Page 403 of 413 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405 ... LastLast