Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have Learned Something Today

I have Learned Something Today

I have owned my Tiguan since February 2017 and just found out that it has the auto tail gate facility in it, OOOOPPPPS! When I first got the car I tried to open the tail gate with my foot and no go so I instantly presumed it was not equipped with auto opening and completely forgot all about it, no great loss but it would have been nice to have. Recently I found out it won't work if the key is in the car and it must have been when I first tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I have owned my Tiguan since February 2017 and just found out that it has the auto tail gate facility in it, OOOOPPPPS! When I first got the car I tried to open the tail gate with my foot and no go so I instantly presumed it was not equipped with auto opening and completely forgot all about it, no great loss but it would have been nice to have. Recently I found out it won't work if the key is in the car and it must have been when I first tried it.
    I love that feature, also just discovered something new after 15 months of ownership. The button on the end of the indicator stalk that takes you straight to all the assistance systems so you can turn them on/off. Never knew it was there
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    I love that feature, also just discovered something new after 15 months of ownership. The button on the end of the indicator stalk that takes you straight to all the assistance systems so you can turn them on/off. Never knew it was there
    Thanx for that!
    Current: MkVI Golf GTI. Tiguan 162 Highline Pure white, DAP/Rline/Sun.
    Gone: Tiguan 103TDI.

Users Country Flag
    You can also disable it in the vehicle settings
    I did so without realising and then when it wasn’t working when i tried I though the maybe it was becasue I had the tow bar installed.
    Anyway, found it in the menus and switched it back on
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    I also just discovered that last week. Nice and fast now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Today I learned that if your windows are open after you have gotten out of the car, by holding the lock button on your key fob, the windows will close (as well as locking the car). If you release the lock button, the windows will cease winding up.

Users Country Flag
    The same can be done if you have handle touch off. The reverse can happen with the remote, you can open the windows by holding the door unlock button on the remote. (the windows will open, great on a hot day)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSteve View Post
    The same can be done if you have handle touch off. The reverse can happen with the remote, you can open the windows by holding the door unlock button on the remote. (the windows will open, great on a hot day)
    not sure if i understand what "handle touch" is but if this is the ability to lock/unlock the car using the handle instead of the remote, i have this ON and can open the windows and roof with the remote.

One thing I've learned after a week of ownership is that the Indium Grey has a pearl speckle through it! Looks gorgeous up close in the sun and pics do not do it justice
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    Today I learned that if your windows are open after you have gotten out of the car, by holding the lock button on your key fob, the windows will close (as well as locking the car). If you release the lock button, the windows will cease winding up.
    I'm still a little amazed that people don't know about this! Back in the Mk3 Golf days (90's) before central locking you could do this by holding the key in the lock or unlock position in the door and it would wind up/down the windows. Later in the Mk4's with the switchblade keyfob you could then do it remotely (although I'm not sure if was in all models), but from then on it's been a standard feature.

On a hot day it's great to hold down the button as you approach the car and have all the windows wind down to let some of the hot out

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

Im amazed that people dont read the manual as most if not all of that is in there Is mostly available through all Vag models IF YOU READ THE BOOK
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast