Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I have Learned Something Today

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    holding the right hand paddle up towards the steering wheel reverts back to the selected mode on the lever.
    Yep, use this once I have had my blast....
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Just washed the car this arvo after the dust storm we had through Sydney on Thursday
    I think I have figured out now how to get the wipers into the “service” position so I can flip them up to wash the windscreen, but still struggling on how to get them back to the bottom. Ended up putting wipers on, off, the down push of the stalk (whatever that is called) and eventually they went back to normal position, but then leaves streak on the windscreen and need to wipe clean again...
    Yes, had the same problem just last weekend. I've owned vDub's since 2010 and in both Golf's it's always been seamless. Ignition On then off, then flick stalk down to activate service position, same for returning to normal.

As for the 2019 Allspace, I was able to get into service pos ok, but getting it back to normal took several goes.. started engine, moved car, etc etc.. Finally it went back. I put it down to the insanely digital system in the car, much more going on.
    MY19 Tiguan 162TSI Highline Allspace | DAP, R-Line, S&V, Sunroof, White

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Also noticed this. I seriously think it’s a ‘bug’ Somewhat related to the ‘since start’ trip computer settings.

My car has now decided to never reset ‘since start’ whether it’s a 30min gap, or 24hrs(serious) it used to reset somewhere in the 1-3hr window(and it varied, even then) but over the last 2 weeks, it’s changed to just never resetting.
    Seat heater settings are a sometimes remembered/sometimes not option now .
    Again over a variety of time gaps.
    I think it's tied to the same system that uses the fuel consumption since start - i.e. since cold. Often when driving and stopping for a few hours and driving again this system will reset, however if a shorter trip, say stopped for 45mins or less, it doesn't include that stop as the engine is still warm. It's probably based on oil temperature.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
    Yes, had the same problem just last weekend. I've owned vDub's since 2010 and in both Golf's it's always been seamless. Ignition On then off, then flick stalk down to activate service position, same for returning to normal.

As for the 2019 Allspace, I was able to get into service pos ok, but getting it back to normal took several goes.. started engine, moved car, etc etc.. Finally it went back. I put it down to the insanely digital system in the car, much more going on.
    Once the ignition is on, you just need to hold the wiper stalk down for about a full second. That does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    Once the ignition is on, you just need to hold the wiper stalk down for about a full second. That does the trick.
    Ah... perfect! thank you

Users Country Flag
    After 2 years having the car, I learned not long ago that the car has an Air Care mode in the AirCon menu.

Also found out that I can increase or decrease the cruising speed by 1km/h using the Res and Set buttons. I always used the left and right arrows to change the cruising speed by 10km/h. - LOL
    MY18 VW Tiguan Comfortline

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    In the user manual they show a performance monitor and I have seen other SWB Tiguan have this screen in the entertainment unit, but I can’t seem to find it on my Allspace
    How do you get the gauges on the screen?

tiguan performance monitor - Google Search
    Is it only available on SWB Tiguan? In Australia? I’ve had a look at mine and it only shows gauges for offroad etc. No sport on selection menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY20 Tiguan Allspace Black - R-Line, S&V, Pano roof
    MY11 MK6 GTI Black - Leather, Sunroof etc.
    MY17 MK7 Golf 92 TSI
    MY18 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD (For sale)

Allspace doesn’t have the sport gauges. I’ve had a quick look in obd11 (a while ago) and couldn’t see a quick way to enable them.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    After 2 years having the car, I learned not long ago that the car has an Air Care mode in the AirCon menu.

Also found out that I can increase or decrease the cruising speed by 1km/h using the Res and Set buttons. I always used the left and right arrows to change the cruising speed by 10km/h. - LOL
    I don't know if my car is unique but if I alter the speed by a 10kmh button push and then try and fine change it by say 2kmh using the reset or set buttons the result is anything but a 2kmh an hour change, it might change by say 5 or 6kmh. Has anyone noticed this? If I wait for say a minute the change will be normal but straight away it is anyone's guess as to what speed I get.

That’s by design too- if I’m understanding your typing.

The 10kph adjustments can be overridden by the incremental buttons. Hopefully this explains it.

If you’re doing 60kph and the speed sign changes to 90kph, the quickest thing it to press the +10 button 3 times. The cruise now shows 90 and the car is accelerating towards that speed.
    If you change your mind and think ‘I’d rather choose 89- to be safe’ and then press the -1 button (set) what happens is the car will set the speed to whatever speed you are doing at that time- rather than process your request as 90 minus 1.

If you are cruising at 90 and then press either set (-1) or res (+1) it will adjust the speed accordingly. The same if you press a button 3 times in measured succession (3 presses equals 3kph adjustment)

Does that make sense and is that what you were saying in your post?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast