Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have Learned Something Today

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I think a modern car is close to the most complicated thing that most people will encounter in their life time.
    Energy prices and mobile phone contracts aren’t to far behind
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    I have had the Tiguan for just short of two years now, but I have been so tied up with work I have not had a chance to learn much about it.

My wife loves it and gets far FAR more use of it that I do.

The other day we took our 2007 Range Rover for it’s usual mail run to the local post office.

When we got to the parking area at the shopping centre, I parked close to a hedge and the Range Rover was beeping it’s head off and because I was on the phone when I pulled up, I sat there with the motor running ( AirCon on ) and the beeping was also continuing.

Next thing, the wife presses a button in the centre of the dash and the beeping stops.

When I get off the phone I asked her how she knew how to do that and she replies, “it’s the same button in the Tiguan and she uses it all the time”

Much embarrassment!

Users Country Flag
    i recently realised the blind spot monitor in the US is different to what we get here. anyone know why?

US gets an in-mirror warning where we get the flashing 'indicator' on the inner side of the mirror (closer to the window)
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    i recently realised the blind spot monitor in the US is different to what we get here. anyone know why?

US gets an in-mirror warning where we get the flashing 'indicator' on the inner side of the mirror (closer to the window)
    What we in the US get is very hard to see in the daylight. I think how it’s done on your Tiguans is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveingfaster View Post
    What we in the US get is very hard to see in the daylight. I think how it’s done on your Tiguans is much better.
    Yep, I noted it when test driving and it was actually a minor selling point for me when deciding between brands. It’s very clear in all conditions. This should be a standard.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Yep, I noted it when test driving and it was actually a minor selling point for me when deciding between brands. It’s very clear in all conditions. This should be a standard.
    I'm still undecided. I think i would prefer the US version but i can see the case against that style as well.

A warning for those considering the factory weather shields - Visibility of the blind spot monitor on the passenger side is impaired with the factory shield installed. Very hard to see the warning light come on (maybe that's why i would prefer the US style)
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    A warning for those considering the factory weather shields - Visibility of the blind spot monitor on the passenger side is impaired with the factory shield installed. Very hard to see the warning light come on (maybe that's why i would prefer the US style)
    I think you can adjust the brightness in one of the setting on the headunit.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    I think you can adjust the brightness in one of the setting on the headunit.
    Or just don’t install weather shields if it’s a big problem. I would have thought you’d see the light through the weather shield anyway but as you say just not as bright.

I actually find blind spot quite bright and could even do with turning down so it’s not quite so distracting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveingfaster View Post
    Was advised by the salesman...so take with a grain of salt
    The in-mirror BSM only have 25m radar range, whilst the indicator on the inner side like what we have has a radar range of 40-50m
    not sure how accurate this is, but I do notice that Merc BSMs seem to have a much smaller range (ie only picks you up when you are in the Blindspot) whereas the Tiguan’s has a bigger range and acts as a pre warning to notify that a car is near your blind spot

Users Country Flag

Just washed the car this arvo after the dust storm we had through Sydney on Thursday
    I think I have figured out now how to get the wipers into the “service” position so I can flip them up to wash the windscreen, but still struggling on how to get them back to the bottom. Ended up putting wipers on, off, the down push of the stalk (whatever that is called) and eventually they went back to normal position, but then leaves streak on the windscreen and need to wipe clean again...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast