Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have Learned Something Today

Reading manuals is like driving them, only for the enthusiast these days.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Reading manuals is like driving them, only for the enthusiast these days.
    Yeah much easier to ask on a forum for some other guy to tell them how, who has bothered to read the book or wouldnt know.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    not sure if i understand what "handle touch" is but if this is the ability to lock/unlock the car using the handle instead of the remote, i have this ON and can open the windows and roof with the remote.
    I think it’s referring to the fact that the same can be done with the handle instead of the key fob! Just tried it myself - truly keyless!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Im amazed that people dont read the manual as most if not all of that is in there Is mostly available through all Vag models IF YOU READ THE BOOK
    Cars these days are complicated and the manual makes it more complicated by being written to cover everything in every market to and to sort what bits pertain to your market is a migraine inducing exercise and in some cases can't be done because some levels of cars in some markets vary with the equipment fitted. My son works at a dealer (not VW) and they hold education nights for new owners for this specific reason. I defy anyone to read the Tiguan manual and remember every feature and instruction on how to use the features mentioned in the book.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Cars these days are complicated and the manual makes it more complicated by being written to cover everything in every market to and to sort what bits pertain to your market is a migraine inducing exercise and in some cases can't be done because some levels of cars in some markets vary with the equipment fitted. My son works at a dealer (not VW) and they hold education nights for new owners for this specific reason. I defy anyone to read the Tiguan manual and remember every feature and instruction on how to use the features mentioned in the book.
    Of course you wont understand ANY of them if you dont at least read some of it. I still refer to mine occasionally after 7 years of owning it

It isnt hard to use the index and read about certain things
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Of course you wont understand ANY of them if you dont at least read some of it. I still refer to mine occasionally after 7 years of owning it

It isnt hard to use the index and read about certain things
    Well done champ.

Mea Culpa for starting the thread, don't read it if the subject bothers you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Mea Culpa for starting the thread, don't read it if the subject bothers you.
    All good Ozsko, there would be no forum for us to ask questions if everyone read the manual.... and no place for the learned few to share their superior knowledge and intellect.
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Users Country Flag
    Im amazed that people dont read the manual as most if not all of that is in there Is mostly available through all Vag models IF YOU READ THE BOOK
    This is possibly a more interesting and interactive way to read a manual - can't wait for VW to offer similar

Mercedes-Benz Looks To Replace Owner’s Manual With AR App

2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

I have said before when this subject came up that video would be way better than a bloody book badly written and presented in a clumsy format that you needed a magnifying glass to read. I think a modern car is close to the most complicated thing that most people will encounter in their life time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast