Thread: Tiguan 132TSI 2017 - Replacing Thermostat/waterpump cost? easy to DIY?

Tiguan 132TSI 2017 - Replacing Thermostat/waterpump cost? easy to DIY?

So I've recently replaced the gasket on the oil pan thinking I was only leaking oil (the oil did look slightly red)

After fixing another leak is more obvious red coolant on the floor, not enough to trigger low coolant light but I have spare 5L in the car and am keeping an eye

How much would it reasonably cost to repair? I am getting the part from Vagparts for 1.2k, but how much would labour be?

Also how hard is the DIY on this? I've seen the FCP euro and Shopdap youtube videos, I might try to tackle this, but is it worth just paying $400-500 to get it done at a shop?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gully2020 View Post
    So I've recently replaced the gasket on the oil pan thinking I was only leaking oil (the oil did look slightly red)

After fixing another leak is more obvious red coolant on the floor, not enough to trigger low coolant light but I have spare 5L in the car and am keeping an eye

How much would it reasonably cost to repair? I am getting the part from Vagparts for 1.2k, but how much would labour be?

Also how hard is the DIY on this? I've seen the FCP euro and Shopdap youtube videos, I might try to tackle this, but is it worth just paying $400-500 to get it done at a shop?
    I am afraid you dont have only problem leaking oil on water pump/ housing , once you replace and waist money on water pump it will be more work and discover...