Page 31 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Tiguan?

Quote Originally Posted by 162Tig View Post
    Thanks all great tips!
    Have most owners opted to get paint protection/ opticoat? Are there any independent places in Adelaide you'd recommend?
    There’s a couple of places that I’ve used/ would recommend (though there’s others also). Talk to Hamish at Elite Finish in Somerton Park or Cameron/Jordan at Partners in Grime in Parafield Gardens. Both do good work.

Putting a ceramic coating on the paint is a good thing. It protects the clear coat from getting etched by bird droppings. Though paying someone else to do it for you is an expensive option.

Personally if you have the time I’d give the car a good wash/clean and put the coating on myself. You’ll save yourself $500 in labour. The guys at Partners in Grime sell the C-quartz paint protection kits. Hamish sells detailing products but not sure about the coatings.

The professional detailers will generally remove any surface defects before applying the product so you’ll get a better job. Most of the “dealer” paint protection is just applying the product direct to the paint with no surface preparation. If you’re going to get someone else to do it for you I’d get one of the independent detailers to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kella View Post
    Hi all, have been negotiating with a Perth dealer for a 110TSI Comfortline with Luxury Pack, Metallic Paint and Tinted windows. They won't go below $44 888 drive away (6 mths reg). Just keen to hear others thoughts on price? Also tempted by their 1.8% finance. Thanks
    Send me a message and I'll refer you to a dealer that so far got me and another forum member a good deal when other in Perth won't
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Hi all, just placed a deposit down on a 162 in pure white, R-line pack, DAP, sunroof, boot liner and sun shade set. All up $56815 drive away in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Hi all, just placed a deposit down on a 162 in pure white, R-line pack, DAP, sunroof, boot liner and sun shade set. All up $56815 drive away in Sydney
    Good work with the price. No luck in Melbourne to get even close to that. I spoke to a few dealerships over the past two weeks, they wouldn’t budge below $62,000. They all gave the same excuse - the car is still in high demand and all dealers are holding firm as the car still holds its value. Apparently my offer of $57,000 offer for the same specs is “miles” away from a deal. I’ve given up.

Quote Originally Posted by vect0r4 View Post
    Good work with the price. No luck in Melbourne to get even close to that. I spoke to a few dealerships over the past two weeks, they wouldn’t budge below $62,000. They all gave the same excuse - the car is still in high demand and all dealers are holding firm as the car still holds its value. Apparently my offer of $57,000 offer for the same specs is “miles” away from a deal. I’ve given up.
    Try a car broker like NLC. we ordered our Tig through them and got the price we wanted.

Blog Entries
    $62k?

That is much too close to retail.

Here in WA the only dealer that was willing to budget on the Highline price was a dealer about 79-80km out of the CBD metro area. Maybe try some further away dealers in your state?
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

nlc should be able to get $55 - $56k for a fully optioned 162. But be prepared to wait 3months+. We couldn't wait so had to comprise on the price. $57,500 162 White, R-line, DAP, cargo liner, loading sill and 12 months registration. Car came from Brisbane to a regional dealer in WA.
    Thanks to all the people who have contributed to this thread.
    Last edited by Toddles; 16-04-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 162Tig View Post
    Try a car broker like NLC. we ordered our Tig through them and got the price we wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
    nlc should be able to get $55 - $56k for a fully optioned 162. But be prepared to wait 3months+. We couldn't wait so had to comprise on the price. $57,500 162 White, R-line, DAP, cargo liner, loading sill and 12 months registration. Car came from Brisbane to a regional dealer in WA.
    Thanks to all the people who have contributed to this thread.
    Thanks 162Tig and Toddles for your suggestions to go through NLC. What are their fees like? Is it a flat fee or % of sale price?

Thanks 162Tig and Toddles for your suggestions to go through NLC. What are their fees like? Is it a flat fee or % of sale price?
    $0

They earn a commission from the sale though (paid by the dealer)

Is it achievable to get 20% discount off RRP on 2017 model right now?
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI Sportline | DarkNight Tint
    MY14.5 PASSAT 118TSI | Octane Tint

Page 31 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast