Page 53 of 128 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Tiguan?

Users Country Flag

great price! care to share the quote?

seems most dealers arent going below 60k for the wolfsburg given demand and limited availability

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee1 View Post
    Thanks mate. I’ve rung a few and they are all unwilling to budge, even on the accessories! Anyone know a willing to work dealer in Melbourne? Have tried a few in the north and east.
    pm'ed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    great price! care to share the quote?

seems most dealers arent going below 60k for the wolfsburg given demand and limited availability
    Contract is:
    Vehicle price: 50445.45
    Colour/trim as applicable: Included
    Other costs:
    Registration fee: 377.40
    Compulsary Third Party: 350.20
    Std plate fee: 30.20
    Dealer Delivery: 2727.27
    Stamp duty: 1560.00
    Dealer to arrange above: YES
    Discount: -3916.18
    GST 4925.65
    Total Purchase price 56499.99

Contract is for Tiguan 162TSi Highline 7spd DSG Wagon (as vehicle is not in their system yet), but special condition says Pearl White Wolfsberg Tiguan.

Hi i ordered a wolfsburg in Sydney. Was trading in a golf GTi with a known dealer. Could not get any discount whatsoever. I could understand the dealer though. They all gonna sell anyway. Good luck to the poster above who has a huge discount

I paid 64.500 delivered to our front door for a 2018 162 highline 7 speed dsg white
    Specs driver assistance package
    Sunroof
    R line package
    Blackvue 950 front back dash cam installed also
    Extended full 3 year warranty from vw
    Paint protection and tint
    Got it from vehicles direct as we went to 2 different vw dealerships put a deposit waited for 5 weeks with no reply only to say it will take 4-6 months after waiting that long for delivery and dealer was more expensive with these specs we were lucky to find the last one in the country from mt gravvat vw up in Queensland

Users Country Flag
    Just back from our test drive of the RLine.

The quotes we have been given are:

$62,848 - RLine
    $63,293 - Wolfsburg

When I asked about possibility of a discount (eg. last 2 cars have been bought from the same dealer, my daughter bought her car there, my son works there) the salesman said there was no possibility of any discounts. At the end of the conversation, I asked for a business card - his response was that it was pointless, as if I find a better price somewhere else then he won't see me again anyway.

On principle alone, I won't be going back there.

So, noting that others have got better prices who should I be talking to? I'm happy to travel away from Canberra to get a better price - my only starting point is that a salesman treats me like a valued customer. Happy for PMs if anyone wants to point me in a specific direction.

Thanks everyone - the collective thoughts on here are keeping me sane!
    MY15 Octavia Scout TDI135 Moon White Tech Pack Panoramic Sunroof Polar wheels

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by aslsw View Post
    Just back from our test drive of the RLine.......

So, noting that others have got better prices who should I be talking to? I'm happy to travel away from Canberra to get a better price - my only starting point is that a salesman treats me like a valued customer. Happy for PMs if anyone wants to point me in a specific direction.

Read back thru this thread and you will see many others having endured the same BS from dealers and some with some pleasant and rewarding experiences from dealers. If you can't deal with the whole dealer 'experience' then I suggest you call a broker. They do all the work for you with no obligation. Yes, they do benefit but you save! Many on this forum has used brokers with success, including myself. Still haven't seen a price as good as mine purchased direct from a dealer yet!
    MY18.5 Tiguan - R-Line/DAP/Sunroof in Tungsten Silver

Quote Originally Posted by aslsw View Post
    Just back from our test drive of the RLine.

The quotes we have been given are:

$62,848 - RLine
    $63,293 - Wolfsburg

When I asked about possibility of a discount (eg. last 2 cars have been bought from the same dealer, my daughter bought her car there, my son works there) the salesman said there was no possibility of any discounts. At the end of the conversation, I asked for a business card - his response was that it was pointless, as if I find a better price somewhere else then he won't see me again anyway.

Sounds like the salesman didn't respect you as a potential valued client (even with the purchase history) I would take my business elsewhere. Hope you find a dealership that provides respectful customer service. Not sure how far you are willing to travel from the ACT.
    PM me if you would like.

Just get in touch with an online fleet company

Georgie.com.au we’re fabulous with me

No obligation...atleast will give you a fair idea on what price dealers are able to offer across the country

Again...if this is for an unreleased version ie the 19 or Wolfsburg, i suggest waiting till further information is out. There will be a media day and all the outlets will start providing further info and thats the day to start negotiating

Alternatively talk to a couple of dealers choose the one that seems the most honest and put in a $1k deposit “subject to price” and start negotiating as you get feedback from other dealers.

Happy to discuss my startegy in detail on pm

Also, i had a very similar experience....went for a test drive and the dealer brought up price and all i said was “ i am sure there is room to negotiate” ...he looked blank and said NO Chance....got his manager involved to say the same thing...I said forget all this lets go for a test drive and he had the cheek to say...”whats the point”...I straight up went out and will never ever deal with them again
    Last edited by Shaqattack; 20-08-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by portas1971 View Post
    I suggest you call a broker.
    I'm happy to put in the legwork based on others' experiences but my father-in-law's broker is my fall back position.
    MY15 Octavia Scout TDI135 Moon White Tech Pack Panoramic Sunroof Polar wheels

Page 53 of 128 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast