Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1263

Thread: How much did you pay for your Tiguan?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    588
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by MiiLos View Post
    I was living in Melb when I got my GTI and got a similar deal, was actually more discounted. But I went through 5 dealerships to get it.

    Just depends on how you come across to the sales rep and if they're willing to talk to you. Some of them are completely unreasonable and don't want to budge or just don't take you seriously.. I don't really know how they survive.

    With the Tig, I basically told the sales rep that my family has bought 6+ VWs over the years and I wasn't new to the sales thing. I had a good idea of what I should be able to get and I wasn't being unreasonable as others have had similar results. These guys were open to negotiate so that helped but at the end of the day I just said if we're not in my ballpark, which was a fair number, I would not be putting pen to paper. In the end they bumped my counter offer by $400 and I agreed to it.

    It don't matter how high the demand is.. at the end of the day it's a sale they won't have if you walk out the door unhappy. Whoever wants one of these now will be in the same boat.. wait 4-6 months depending on what spec you want so I'd just shrug off the demand line and go to another dealer.

    We bought 4 VWs from Brighton VW in Melb. Speak to Thomas there if you want to try your luck - he's great to deal with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We got ours from Nathan Deeming from Brighton VW.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCourt View Post
    Signed! Thanks Lynden - Nathan was great to deal with and got a good deal
    hey there, im after the same as you.... do you mind teling me what deal you ended up getting? I want a white one fully loaded with sunroof

    thanks!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    588
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rach1981 View Post
    hey there, im after the same as you.... do you mind teling me what deal you ended up getting? I want a white one fully loaded with sunroof

    thanks!
    I got TSI 162 RLINE +Dap and boot protector strip indium grey $56000 but no sunroof,From Nathan at Brighton.
    I know last time l spoke to Nathan Deeming, he told me he can't do them that cheap now, , he told me he sold one to the guy l told to see him , same spec's as mine but with sunroof for $58500.,
    I would still try him if you are ready to put pen to paper and try offering him 58000 and see what he counters you. But book a appointment.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

  4. #24
    Hi all!

    New here, thanks for all the great info on the new Tig. Been very worthwhile spending some time reading though your experiences.

    I'm super keen to buy. I'm in SA and will talk to a few dealers over the next few weeks. Anyone have a recommend sales guy in Adelaide tho?

    Sounds like some of you here have managed some pretty sweet deals interstate.

    I've crunched my numbers and am pretty certain of where I'll pitch my offer for a R Line 162 TSI + DAP + Sunny.

    Anyone know what the rough margins are on factory options. I know they are decent but are they significant enough to negotiate heavily on? What sort of discounts have others here received on their options upgrades.

    The one thing I will drill into first is the dealer delivery charges, which are super high for this car. Ex CTP / rego and stamp duty, well over $2k in change attributes to dealer delivery.

    Thanks heaps all, appreciate your feedback.

    🐯🦎

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    AUS
    Posts
    628
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

  6. #26
    Thanks veew 🙏 Stoked. I know exactly who I'll talk to next. Was at southern today, and they were good to deal with, but haven't discussed numbers at all yet. Thanks again.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    134
    Hey guys. Got notified yesterday my car arrived but there was a mix up and its the TDI R-Line. THis is what I originally ordered but a few weeks later changed to TSI and for whatever reason it never got changed at the factory.

    The dealer is extremely embarrassed and apologetic and has offered me the TDI at the TSI price with some extras that I'm trying to negotiate. I got the TSI R-Line for $55.5k DA with DAP and Tint and asking for paint and interior protection, luggage tray and some free servicing.

    I have driven it and its a beautiful car, the TDI pulls nice but as anyone who drove a diesel knows it kind of flattens out, nonetheless its smooth to drive so I'm leaning towards taking it or wait another 4 months for the TSI. I've has a Golf diesel before so I'm familiar with how they drive. I don't do a lot of highway kms, just maybe on the weekends to go up or down the coast.

    I want to know what others think. Should I take it? And should i be asking for more extra for the cock up?

    Edit: They changed their minds and are not offering me the TDI at TSI price and only 1 free service at 15,000km or paint protection. I think I'm gonna look around now
    Last edited by stark27; 21-02-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    Traded: Tornado Red MY11 Golf GTI Adidas
    Missus: MY17 VW Tiguan 140TDI R-Line, DAP, Tint, White.
    Missus: MY14 VW Golf R Leather, DAP, Tint, Lapiz Blue .

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    588
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by stark27 View Post
    Hey guys. Got notified yesterday my car arrived but there was a mix up and its the TDI R-Line. THis is what I originally ordered but a few weeks later changed to TSI and for whatever reason it never got changed at the factory.

    The dealer is extremely embarrassed and apologetic and has offered me the TDI at the TSI price with some extras that I'm trying to negotiate. I got the TSI R-Line for $55.5k DA with DAP and Tint and asking for paint and interior protection, luggage tray and some free servicing.

    I have driven it and its a beautiful car, the TDI pulls nice but as anyone who drove a diesel knows it kind of flattens out, nonetheless its smooth to drive so I'm leaning towards taking it or wait another 4 months for the TSI. I've has a Golf diesel before so I'm familiar with how they drive. I don't do a lot of highway kms, just maybe on the weekends to go up or down the coast.

    I want to know what others think. Should I take it? And should i be asking for more extra for the cock up?
    I would wait and ask them to keep a lookout for cancelled orders, and get them to discount more because of wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    I would wait and ask them to keep a lookout for cancelled orders, and get them to discount more because of wait.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1

    The diesel I drove I was very disappointed with the performance. I know it was a brand new engine and the performance would probably improve as the engine loosened up but I found the performance and drivability of the 132TSI (all that was available at the time, no 162TSI in the country at that time) to be superior in every way to the 140TDI.

    I had a similar choice to you. Take the TDI immediately off the showroom floor, or order the exact same spec vehicle with the 162TSI and wait for six months. Wife and I thought exactly the same. Order the 162TSI and wait.

    You're now in the position of being able to negotiate a great deal thanks to the dealers stuff up. I'd be going for the first 3 years of servicing free of charge for the same price you negotiated for your original purchase, and pen a letter to VW Aust highlighting the dealers incompetence if they don't give you a great deal.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dee Why, NSW
    Posts
    722
    Users Country Flag

    If I were 50/50 or close enough on the decision between TDI and TSI, then I would probably take the TDI, with the discounts and extras. For me personally, I'd wait for the TSI, only because I much preferred it over the TDI.

    2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |