Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Tiguan?

Users Country Flag

Tiguan 162TSI R-line Deals

Hi lads.

Put a deposit down today on a fully optioned black 162TSI R-Line. $56,900. Think I did well - the manager that signed it off didn't seem overly satisfied haha.

Now for the colossal wait..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 MKII Tiguan 162TSI R-Line | Deep Black | DAP | Sunroof

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiLos View Post
    Hi lads.

Put a deposit down today on a fully optioned black 162TSI R-Line. $56,900. Think I did well - the manager that signed it off didn't seem overly satisfied haha.

That's a great price! How long is the wait now?

MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    That's a great price! How long is the wait now?

Just realized this was Melb specific. I live on the Gold Coast. They said 6 month wait as a safe timeframe but could be sooner. Wouldn't say any sooner than 5 months. Crazy.. I'm not too fussed as I waited similarly for my GTI but I will have forgotten about it by the time it arrives ha!

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

Users Country Flag

Just realized this was Melb specific. I live on the Gold Coast. They said 6 month wait as a safe timeframe but could be sooner. Wouldn't say any sooner than 5 months. Crazy.. I'm not too fussed as I waited similarly for my GTI but I will have forgotten about it by the time it arrives ha!

It's worth the wait, awesome car for the price.
    Ours is due May, ordered it late December. Bloody torturous wait for it. Lol
    Melb wait now is like 6-7 months.

MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag

It's worth the wait, awesome car for the price.
    Ours is due May, ordered it late December. Bloody torturous wait for it. Lol

Yeah it really is great value.. I test drove it a month ago and was very surprised by its feel on the road and how there was so little body roll for a SUV. That sold me and the fact it punches just as hard as my GTI.

Last edited by tigger73; 12-02-2017 at 07:40 AM. Reason: moved tuning discussion :)

Users Country Flag
    Back OT! What's the latest deal prices on fully optioned cars?

Thanks.

edit - holy crap my signature is old. I've had 3-4 new cars since then
    2019 BMW M3 CS

Users Country Flag
    Hi lads.

wow you did really well, didn't think those prices was possible anymore, may we ask where you went?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger162 View Post
    wow you did really well, didn't think those prices was possible anymore, may we ask where you went?
    I went to Cricks Highway VW (Brisbane). I live on the Coast but have had a bad experience with the local dealer so went north.

Users Country Flag
    I went to Cricks Highway VW (Brisbane). I live on the Coast but have had a bad experience with the local dealer so went north.

Very hard to get a deal like that in Melb now, to much demand.

Users Country Flag

Very hard to get a deal like that in Melb now, to much demand.

I was living in Melb when I got my GTI and got a similar deal, was actually more discounted. But I went through 5 dealerships to get it.

Just depends on how you come across to the sales rep and if they're willing to talk to you. Some of them are completely unreasonable and don't want to budge or just don't take you seriously.. I don't really know how they survive.

With the Tig, I basically told the sales rep that my family has bought 6+ VWs over the years and I wasn't new to the sales thing. I had a good idea of what I should be able to get and I wasn't being unreasonable as others have had similar results. These guys were open to negotiate so that helped but at the end of the day I just said if we're not in my ballpark, which was a fair number, I would not be putting pen to paper. In the end they bumped my counter offer by $400 and I agreed to it.

It don't matter how high the demand is.. at the end of the day it's a sale they won't have if you walk out the door unhappy. Whoever wants one of these now will be in the same boat.. wait 4-6 months depending on what spec you want so I'd just shrug off the demand line and go to another dealer.

We bought 4 VWs from Brighton VW in Melb. Speak to Thomas there if you want to try your luck - he's great to deal with.

Last edited by MiiLos; 12-02-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast