Thread: How do you make the Discovery Pro show tracks in order by File Name ?

Users Country Flag

Question How do you make the Discovery Pro show tracks in order by File Name ?

In my older SUV, I can sort and play songs (mp3) by File Name

So all my songs are in the format 'Artist Name - Song Name.mp3'

Does the Discovery Pro allow you to show songs 'in order' by 'File Name as I cannot get this to show ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    In my older SUV, I can sort and play songs (mp3) by File Name

So all my songs are in the format 'Artist Name - Song Name.mp3'

Does the Discovery Pro allow you to show songs 'in order' by 'File Name as I cannot get this to show ?
    Doesnt it have an option to "List" them I just play them randomly as they come My manual is out in the car
    My old RNS 510 did that
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Doesnt it have an option to "List" them I just play them randomly as they come My manual is out in the car
    My old RNS 510 did that
    Tried that. The List function is not by File Name. I believe the List Function extracts some 'meta data' and list's based on the meta data

Users Country Flag
    I went and looked last night and it seems to list them alphbetically but you have to pick the letter. Was stuck on Y on it and found a bar with all the letters and could pick one from there and listed all the tracks starting with that letter.

Not a really good idea

I went and looked last night and it seems to list them alphbetically but you have to pick the letter. Was stuck on Y on it and found a bar with all the letters and could pick one from there and listed all the tracks starting with that letter.

Not a really good idea
    Will test this out tomorrow on the way to work

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Will test this out tomorrow on the way to work

Thanks
    I have reloaded a set of folders with artists names, some have multiple Cd's in the folder and you can pick one them in alphabetical order and you can select tracks from there. They are however on an SD card due to the useless 10Gb SSD.

Is still a painfull way to go about itIs also useless as it just randomly plays the same cd all the time

HERES THE SOLUTION

Make a folder on your HDD

Copy all your TRACKS ONLY into it, making sure they are all different and dont have track numbers like 01,02 etc as that confuses it.

Have THE NAME OF THE TRACK FIRST NOT the ARTIST's NAME Like "Folsom prison blues.".........Johnny Cash

Load ONLY THE TRACKS NOT THE FOLDER NAME onto an SD card

(Open folder/ select all/ copy to SD card)

Poke it in an SD slot in glovebox

Open it and it should list all the tracks alphabetically If it doesnt make sure you are in FOLDER VIEW

I started it up on random and it plays them fine They are all listed in TRACK NAME order, the whole 2387 of them so you can scroll down to the one you want

Hope thats what you want

Who can tell me what the two lines up the right hand side of the rev counter are for Outside one goes from 8 up past 6 and one inside that not so far up is the redline for revs
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 09-05-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Open it and it should list all the tracks alphabetically If it doesnt make sure you are in FOLDER VIEW
    How do you get it to list the tracks alphabetically by artist

I have it setup for each song:

Artist Name - Track Name.xxx

I want to be able to scroll by Artist Name. Is this possible as I can't get this view as in my old SUV

Users Country Flag

How do you get it to list the tracks alphabetically by artist

I have it setup for each song:

Artist Name - Track Name.xxx

I want to be able to scroll by Artist Name. Is this possible as I can't get this view as in my old SUV
    Yes it probably is but it does in in levels and if you look at the screen it gives alternatives of that but when I went into it it then gives all the track names in the next lower level.
    Would be a pain in the butt trying to find anything when driving
    When I loaded my original file up it put bits everywhere and was total chaos so i redid them simply by the track name and it puts them all neatly in alphabetical order
    Maybe it you start with a main folder and subfolders with artist names and put the tracks inside them. However i found with some i had with several CD's done like that it played the CD's right through in order in the folder and even with shuffle enabled it didnt do it.
    Got pissed off with 5CD's of one artist playing right through

I would have thought if you know the artist well enough you could just bring up the track you want.

Its not a concert hall and i just have music as a background and if I dont like a track on the day I just hit next

There is a section in the Media booklet which explains the heirachy of how it all works.