Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High pressure washer

High pressure washer

Just wondering if it’d be safe to use a 1740psi high pressure washer on our Tiguan due to sensors etc. I also hear that it can damage rubber seals etc if not angled right. I normally use a garden hose with 2 bucket method.
    MY20 Tiguan Allspace Black - R-Line, S&V, Pano roof
    MY11 MK6 GTI Black - Leather, Sunroof etc.
    MY17 MK7 Golf 92 TSI
    MY18 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD (For sale)

I use my washer. It has a similar psi rating.
    It isn’t strong enough in my opinion. Only gets off the same dust that a garden hose does.
    Anything like bugs, bird poo and road grime still needs sponging.
    Disappointed in mine and it wasn’t a cheapie

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I use my washer. It has a similar psi rating.
    It isn’t strong enough in my opinion. Only gets off the same dust that a garden hose does.
    Anything like bugs, bird poo and road grime still needs sponging.
    Disappointed in mine and it wasn’t a cheapie
    Yeah, I’ve heard of some complaints about high end Karcher ones not as strong as the cheaper models. I’m getting a Bosch one through Flybuys rewards but just wondered how safe it is to use on new cars with sensors. It might end up cleaning my driveway etc if not safe.

Users Country Flag
    I've got a Bosch Aquatak back from when the state gov were giving out rebates for purchasing pressure washers.
    It's 1300W and makes short work of droppings & bugs. No issues with my sensors, and I put the gun right up to the panels.

Users Country Flag
    My 2100psi Gerni was written off in floods recently, and I just replaced it with a 1900psi Karcher K4. No problems at all using it on many cars over the years - just dont get any closer that about 30cm otherwise you do risk possibly peeling paint off.

Both the Gerni and Karcher were approx $450-500 so not cheap ones.

The Karcher is noticeably less powerful than the Gerni was.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I was watching a Youtube video from Dallas Car Care or something like that, and the guy there said that he wouldn't use a pressure washer stronger than 1200 PSI. He reckons buy a cheapie and it's good enough for most things, and won't damage your paint. Cheers-John

Users Country Flag
    Depends on the lance you use, just don’t use dirt blaster on the car
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport |AlpineWhite|719M JetBlack|BlackLeather |ComfortPackage|Sunroof|WirelessCharging
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | RNS510 | MDI | RVC | 51,000 km |Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | VCDS | Sprint Booster | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light | 19" Bentley Wheels (BBS Forged Split) | Michelin PS 4S
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    I've got a Bosch Aquatak back from when the state gov were giving out rebates for purchasing pressure washers.
    It's 1300W and makes short work of droppings & bugs. No issues with my sensors, and I put the gun right up to the panels.
    Mine might be an older model as well. It’s Aquatak 120 1500W I think. Good to know that there is no issues with sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    My 2100psi Gerni was written off in floods recently, and I just replaced it with a 1900psi Karcher K4. No problems at all using it on many cars over the years - just dont get any closer that about 30cm otherwise you do risk possibly peeling paint off.

Both the Gerni and Karcher were approx $450-500 so not cheap ones.

The Karcher is noticeably less powerful than the Gerni was.
    Definitely not cheap those ones. Thanks for the heads up. I’m just amazed that it could even peel the paint off from that distance. Better not go too close to window frames etc I guess. I just wonder if it’d even be worse on the older paint with stone chips etc.

Quote Originally Posted by southtig View Post
    The tig is so small compared to full size 4wds that I'm faster with a hose and bucket than it takes me to set up my karcher. The modern shaggy cloths instead of sponges and a couple of big micros instead of chamois help massively. Karcher still is boss on 4wd/boat/concrete/decking duties.
    This Bosch unit seems to be quite easy to assemble but I see what you mean. Anyway will see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast