Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I received Lemon Tiguan 132T or again DSG old problems continue with Volkswagen?

Users Country Flag

Mine has been fine so far as well. A little jerky from 1st to 2nd on a cold morning under slow acceleration & reversing up a slope tapping the accelerator. I understand this to be normal on a DSG.
    MY19.5 Tiguan Highline with R-Line & Sound/Vision

I have the reverse, my gearbox holds 1st for too long, then slurs/slips the gear changes (1st-2nd and a bit 2nd-3rd) most of the time. Can’t be good for the clutches.

Users Country Flag
    My one chatters alot too.. no where near what the old golf r one did. I think the clutch packs are ok but the mechatronics unit must be recycled ones from the mk6s.
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    There are a lot of complaints about the 8 speed ZF in the US cars as well.
    The US Tiguan uses an Aisin 8 Speed auto gearbox as fitted to BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by SEZMO View Post
    Another owner here, Tiguan mk2 162 with transmission issues since day one. Downshifts from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd often are accompanied by a loud audible bang and palpable jolt from the transmission. Gear lash is also terrible. The local dealer has been good and the mechatronics and transmission were apparently changed... but the exact same issue persists. It is so bad that we have decided to change the car. VW have denied any further responsibility for the problem saying it is a characteristic. In every other way the Tig is a perfect car, practical, good looking, fantastic features but it has been an extremely frustrating ownership experience.

My next step is an independent engineer report and fair trading. I think the case will be strong as I have driven 2 other Tiguan 162 cars and the gearshifts were silent and smooth.
    The same here with my Wife's UK Tiguan R-Line 190 DSG. She is at the moment embroiled in a legal dispute with VW which has been ongoing since December 2017. The legal battle continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Dgf10 View Post
    Hi

I have a 2018 162tsi, all these cars worldwide have this problem. I have tested 4 in the same age group and all have this. Mine has been back 3 times and now they are saying its a warped flywheel.. its a cop out and complete disaster. The car has 10,000klm on it and it started from new. I am going to sell my car and never purchase a VW again. This is my 3rd Tiguan, never again. We should be entitled to a full refund under Consumer law which i will pursue if noise occurs after an apparent flywheel replacement.. what a joke..good luck.. VW are a disgrace to the motor industry.
    Partially agree with your statement. However, not ALL DSG Tiguans exibit the noise issue, hence the reason so many owners are complaining. The DSG noise issue is known to exist across the world markets and VW know it is a inherent DSG defect but have declined to confirm why the noise issue exists on some vehicles and not others. VW are determined to avoid costly recalls or compensation claims by hiding behind the commonly used phrase "Characteristic"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hole46 View Post
    All these cars worldwide have this problem? Mine doesn’t. I haven’t heard of any others either. Sounds like trolling to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do some research on Google and YouTube and you will discover how many owners have the DQ500 DSG noise problem!

Here are some links for starters -;

4 Motion DSG Noise upon Deceleration at low speed! - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

YouTube

noise - Skoda Kodiaq Forum

NOISE - Skoda Kodiaq - BRISKODA

Noise from front end - Audi Q3 Forums

https://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/v...=3626&start=90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53McNCMBunY

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    VW DSG => Die -Slowly- Good Luck!
    Volkswagen recalls more than 60,000 vehicles
    ''More than 60,000 Volkswagen and Skoda vehicles have been pulled off Australian roads after the German auto manufacturer discovered a potentially dangerous gearbox fault.''

I wish I had seen this thread a few months ago....I am another (now former) 162tsi owner. Within first 3000kms (amongst a range of other warranty issues) I had major dsg problems- all sorts of clunks, grinds and noises. VW wiped their hands of it- originally admitted there were issues but when they couldn't fix it after multiple attempts they backtracked and kept saying its "normal characteristics", so many visits to the service centre and false promises. Have just disposed of the car- happiest day of my life. My first and last VW.

It appears that the noise problem in Europe has gained momentum now there are decent numbers of Tiguan's and Skoda Kodiaks out in the field.

How much longer can VW deny a problem exists with their DQ500 DSG as fitted to the aforementioned vehicles?

According to the links below the DSG noise has been recognised and aparently service bulletins issued relating to software updates and gearbox mounts but those who have had software updates and gearbox mounts replaced have reported zero or minimal satisfaction.

https://www.skoda-kodiaq-forum.de/index ... /&pageNo=1

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/losraed ... 55632.html

It is obvious to see that VW are doing nothing to address customer concerns but clearly attempting to avoid costly warranty costs relating to this debacle!

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    tigger73 my wife has managed to upload a video from her iphone of the DSG noise on her Tiguan via YouTube -

YouTube

I would draw your attention to the following specific times in the sound video where the noise is highly noticeable - 5 seconds, 35 seconds, 49 - 55 seconds, 1m 5 seconds - 1min 12 seconds, 1min 25 seconds - 1min 40 seconds, 1min 45 seconds - 1min 52 seconds and 2 min - 2min 20 seconds!

I would welcome your views on whether you think this DSG noise is acceptable on a £44,000.00 GBP car?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    tigger73 my wife has managed to upload a video from her iphone of the DSG noise on her Tiguan via YouTube -

YouTube

I would draw your attention to the following specific times in the sound video where the noise is highly noticeable - 5 seconds, 35 seconds, 49 - 55 seconds, 1m 5 seconds - 1min 12 seconds, 1min 25 seconds - 1min 40 seconds, 1min 45 seconds - 1min 52 seconds and 2 min - 2min 20 seconds!

I would welcome your views on whether you think this DSG noise is acceptable on a £44,000.00 GBP car?

So have you eventually found out what the cause of this noise is? Mine’s MY20 Allspace and I’ve only driven 330km so far. The day I picked up the car and driving home I noticed a bit of soft refrigerator type of noise like when the air conditioner starts working. I only heard it when I was driving into my street from a main road where it’s relatively quiet during the day - I didn’t notice it at all in my 45km drive from dealership on main roads.

It’s very hard to tell if I’m hearing the same noise from the video as it seems more metallic to me in the background but I only hear it whenever I step on the accelerator at low speeds initially in D1-D3 mainly but now even after a school drop off in the traffic I can hear it in D5-D7 at 2000rpm as soon as accelerator is pressed - I guess it fades away at a higher rpm due to engine noise. Even feathering the accelerator can reproduce the beginning of this noise. At 330km on mine I wouldn’t describe it as harsh metallic type of noise but it sounded like the above like air conditioner’s refrigerating system kicking in - that was my first impression.

I’ve been driving MK6 GTI for 9 years now and have gone through different things with the car including wastegate rattle at the very beginning of ownership which the selling dealership never admitted the noise and I had to get the clip installed at a different dealership in the end. Maybe people are describing this noise as grinding/grating, ?rattling but not like the rice in a can type of rattle as in the case of wastegate rattle. I feel now that I keep looking up this stuff it’s trying to convince me maybe it’s the soft grating noise lol

I tried to record it this morning in traffic after dropping off my kid and I just hear a lot of turbo whine on the recorded video but not as prominent noise I normally hear in person. It does sound most prominently at the beginning of accelerating. Did yours get louder over time?

Funny my dealer gave me a courtesy call on the day of pickup and his immediate response was it might be the humming noise from 4 Motion’s rear diff. That makes me wonder if it’s a widely known issue and complaints have been reported.

Also this car makes a lot more of ticking or clicking noise when downshifting than my MK6 GTI. Could be because the car is quieter than the GTI...
    Last edited by vdubbed12; 25-06-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Users Country Flag
    To go back to the original post moaning about the service time and other things.

It is set at the factory as 365 days from build date and predelivery is supposed to reset it on sale date.. Mine wasnt so I just got them to redo it..
    Hardly a major problem

However as has been said before the oil has been sitting in the engine since it was built so maybe 12 months from then is not stupid
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Sorry I thought this thread was about the noise coming from DSG and/or 4 Motion. The grating or grinding noise as described by OP or the poster from UK.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast