Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I received Lemon Tiguan 132T or again DSG old problems continue with Volkswagen?

Users Country Flag

Have I received Lemon Tiguan 132T or again DSG old problems continue with Volkswagen?

Hello everyone, just received new Tiguan this week and from first day I noticed some problems with DSG 7 speed auto transmission , and owning couple VW Golf in past 15 years and dealing with Horror and rip of costly VW automatic reapirs and DSG issue problems make me big worry now with my new Tiguan.
    I discovered while driving I hear rattle clacking clicking noise in auto transmission when starting from N to engaging gears between 1nd and 2nd gear and downshifting to same gears even when engine coasting regardless which mode Eco , Normal Sport , but Eco you can hear it more as is engine more quiet and has lees rev.
    Will hear more noise of this if I am going when slow down over street slow down over hump tyre jump and when I press depress brake/ gas pedal from neutral to 1nd 2nd gear auto transmission it will rattle clicking noise , noise coming more like something is lose in auto transmission like clutches not working properly.
    Sometime car when you press gas pedal from slow down will hesitate to engage in gear than like jump roughly kick in gear.

Car has now 250km on clock and I noticed this first day and still experience the same .One more problem is that car even purchased as new I discovered that computer on clock and service showing that till service is left only 250 days remaining which mean that car already has been activated before 115 days etc.. , VW Dealer try to convince me that is normal to show 250 days remaining til service and that car is New stock arrived before week and was not registered before . Car purchased was showing on clock 40km.

I am now worry that Dealer is not honest and that I have received used Car or demo with some issue and with rolled back or not accrued odometer reading , It is official small VW NSW Dealer but since first day before picking car was all was bit fishy and smelly when we discovered that front tyre had swollen bump size of nut on front tyre (was surprised how new car can have bump on tyre when was not used ) dealer replaced new Tyre before pickup , than we find deep hairline size paint scratches on rear side of car about 2cm long and tan day after we picked car we find small punch hole in leather steering Dealer didn't want to till not to fix scratches and replace steering wheel. Issue with poor windows tinting on one side which promised will be fixed .

I am very disappointed now , don't know what to do.I like the car but DSG transmission rattle harshness and clicking noise and New car questionable condition want me return car and ask for refund or replacement as definitely we don't want to repair brand new car since fist day. IF anyone else can please share and report if have similar issue rattle clicking noise with DSG transmission /engine with Tiguan 132tsi or 162TSI Highline or even 110TSI which is not 4motion and 6 gear.
    Last edited by JustCruisn; 09-07-2017 at 12:24 PM. Reason: had to reformat

Have you spoken to the dealer about the DSG and the other issues?

You could perhaps put the VIN into the tracking site and see when it arrived in the country

WWL
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi TheTig , yes I did, I was so worry could not sleep, I went same day tomorrow morning to Dealer to report fault, he didn't test car but advised that is normal to have rattle clicking sound on this model ??? yes for sure , but he want me to bring car on service to confirm as can be that is faulty and quality isse problem, which I clearly stated to him that I definitely don't want ''NEW Car first day repaired '' only replacement same model or refund , I don't want first day New car dissembled complete engine and parts removed and serviced DSG . The sticker say build 12/ 2016 dealer say is MY2017 , I didn't ordered car I purchased dealer New stock car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    Sometime car when you press gas pedal from slow down will hesitate to engage in gear than like jump roughly kick in gear.
    This is a standard DCT characteristic. While you are slowing down, the DCT will pre-select the next lower gear. So when you put your foot on the accelerator, the DCT must change gears. If you have planted you foot on the floor then you have increased the revs in the engine. Then when the gear change completes you will get a lurch when the clutch engages. You need to remember that the DSG is an automated manual, not an automatic. I will get my first hand experience with this characteristic soon, but I am expecting that it will mean I should 'gradually' increase the pressure on the accelerator rather than flooring it.

For your other more important problems I don't think there has been anyone else reporting this problem, on this website. You need to take it up with the dealer.

Edit: Any problems you are having with the DSG will not be related to VW's earlier DSG problems. Those problems were with the DQ200 dry clutch gearbox. The new Tig uses the DQ500 wet clutch gearbox.
    Last edited by Cobwebs; 08-07-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    MY17 Tiguan 140TDI + DAP; Ruby Red; Notification of Birth 19 May'17; Emigration on Morning Celesta began 2 June'17; Entry into Australia 17 Jul'17; Citizenship obtained 8 Sep'17;

I can confirm those noises with DSG7 and 4Motion - I had problems with defining it bcause it's my first automatic transmission, but I was worried from months about this clicking between 1st/2nd gear and very slow speed.

Hi bestyjny,I dont know if we have same problems with DSG and all 132TSI but that's the big issue and not acceptable for me. Before I decide to buy new car I was very carefully researched about new VW Tiguan and DSG , knowing previous problems and knowing strong and overpaid paid marketing by VW they put all glory in this video reviews and online motor reviews to show only good review claiming all glory but no one ever want to tell true about bad things about their known DSG imperfections and issue. This what I am now experience with New Tiguan DSG transmission is pure rubbish and not normaland acceptable for new car! This is not acceptable for me, I had previously similar experience with my Golf GT but after 70k km on clock I start getting this when clutches inside have been worn and solenoids start playing making similar noise and shifting issue, and now I have similar issue but with brand new car. We have in family also Audi Q3 from 2016 with 6 speed dsg in which is by the way older wet clutch model I think DQ250 and it is whisper quiet! no single noise never experienced anything like this , no rattle no erratic clacking clicking noise from N to 1nd and 2nd or any other gears or any hesitation shifting and downshifting slowing or speeding never miss any bit! it is smooth as silk! I am now very disappointed in Tiguan 2 , I like the size and look and features of car but if DSG rattling noise are on all new Tiguan s cars as mine than sorry it is rubbish DSG transmission! Looks like VW will continue having DSG problems and reliability . When I hear this rattling noise and jumpy gears I fill like driving my old 10 years Golf V and all excitement go away about new car and I get big disappointment . I wish I waited bit longer and go for new Audi Q3 which should be on MQB the same or bigger size than Tiguan 2 , but with no issue with automatic transmission. Maybe I just received lemon which is not on all 132tsi Tiguans. We will see on Monday how it goes when i bring back to VW dealer to check-up and test other same model Tiguan . In main while I really like to have other honest comments and opinions from users purchased same model 132TSI comfortline , if is this common issue than we need to speak loud and clear.Kind Regards
    Last edited by cameleon72; 08-07-2017 at 09:22 PM.

There are two types DSG used in Tiguans, DQ250 6b with 1.4 motors and DQ500 7b for others.
    Last edited by bestyjny; 08-07-2017 at 09:29 PM.

I know I am not speaking about Tiguan 1.4 TSi 110kW I have purchased and having problems with 132TSI comfortline which as you said use the new one DQ500 with 7 speed with wet clutches , but looks like is not so good as they calming no more issue with new DSG , or I have received ''LEMON'' car with problematic DSG transmission .When I was shopping initially I was thinking buying Tiguan 110KW 6 speed and that will be enough for us , as we already have Audi Q3 with 110KW 6 speed DSG with same engine and was more than happy with AUDI Q3 engine performance , brilliant car never miss the bit, super efficient ( heavy Sydney busy city driving no problem 7-8 liter per 100km on open 5.6L no problem easy on tank 850km! ) and was very powerful for small engine little GEM I will say perfect in Audi Q3 I highly recommended to all!. That's why I have researched before , take pictures and compare Audi Q3 and Tiguan 110kw engine and all was exactly the same machine as in Audi Q3 with 2 cylinder on demand deactivation etc... exactly the same look and layout in engine bay , however when I went in real and try Tiguan 110kW it was totally different story than Audi Q3 with 110KW , no power at all in Tiguan 110kw is jut underpowered like totally different machine lots of lag on Tiguan , but what can be different even they share same engine maybe Audi Q3 has different software ECU and tuning probably and some other Audi magic. Anyway after test and sluggish power in Tiguan 110KW we decide to forget and go straight to more power 132TSI Tiguan and purchased ''unfortunately '' , and now we have problems with DSG explained before, very disappointed

Have I received Lemon Tiguan 132T or again DSG old problems continue with Voklswagen?

If you're not happy take it back to the dealer. They are the only ones who can make a proper assessment if the car is within "normal" tolerances or if there are any repairs to be done under warranty.

If you're not happy with the level of investigation your local dealer does you can take it to another dealer. It doesn't have to be the one that sold you the car if you feel you're being fobbed off.

However I'll say that what you're describing with some clunks from 1/2 or N/1 is completely normal for the 7 speed DSG in the Tiguan. It's the same gearbox from the gen1 Tiguan being used in the gen2 Tig. I believe there are synchros on first gear and these can be a bit noisy and tend to clunk into gear rather than be totally smooth as silk.

Remember that you essentially have a computer operating a manual gearbox. It is pretty good at matching revs etc, however some of the programming is more about running efficiently rather than what may drive the best (i.e short shifting through the gears).

I did test drive a 132TSI a little while back but I didn't find the gearbox much different to both of the gen1 Tiguan that I've owned. The DSG is not as smooth as a traditional auto but it is more efficient and quicker than the auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 08-07-2017 at 10:46 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    I know I am not speaking about Tiguan 1.4 TSi 110kW I have purchased and having problems with 132TSI comfortline which as you said use the new one DQ500 with 7 speed with wet clutches , but looks like is not so good as they calming no more issue with new DSG , or I have received ''LEMON'' car with problematic DSG transmission .When I was shopping initially I was thinking buying Tiguan 110KW 6 speed and that will be enough for us , as we already have Audi Q3 with 110KW 6 speed DSG with same engine and was more than happy with AUDI Q3 engine performance , brilliant car never miss the bit, super efficient ( heavy Sydney busy city driving no problem 7-8 liter per 100km on open 5.6L no problem easy on tank 850km! ) and was very powerful for small engine little GEM I will say perfect in Audi Q3 I highly recommended to all!. That's why I have researched before , take pictures and compare Audi Q3 and Tiguan 110kw engine and all was exactly the same machine as in Audi Q3 with 2 cylinder on demand deactivation etc... exactly the same look and layout in engine bay , however when I went in real and try Tiguan 110kW it was totally different story than Audi Q3 with 110KW , no power at all in Tiguan 110kw is jut underpowered like totally different machine lots of lag on Tiguan , but what can be different even they share same engine maybe Audi Q3 has different software ECU and tuning probably and some other Audi magic. Anyway after test and sluggish power in Tiguan 110KW we decide to forget and go straight to more power 132TSI Tiguan and purchased ''unfortunately '' , and now we have problems with DSG explained before, very disappointed
    I have a 132 / 4 motion /
    Comfort line. No problems whatsoever. I've had 3 x GTIs and wife drives A1 so very experienced with various versions of DSG box. The DSG box on the 132 tsi is perfect. You might have a Monday car?! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast