Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Have I received Lemon Tiguan 132T or again DSG old problems continue with Volkswagen?

Quote Originally Posted by vdubbed12 View Post
    No worries, thanks for the reply. I read every post in this thread and looked at the title of the thread as well as the first paragraph describing the possible DSG issues as the main issue which I was interested in and have replied to the UK poster by quoting his post. I’m not interested in other little things.
    vdubbed12 did you receive my private message?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    vdubbed12 did you receive my private message?
    Hi Justice, I’ve just PM’ed you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    No worry's I am still around with shi..y crapy VW most arrogant company car. Now is heading to Tribunal court and request for car replacement. This is what should happen to your Tiguan soon and you will be looking for something else because of master peace of clunking fragile DSG crap built in Tiguan .Which even VW cant fix, or don't want to fix ! Jas - YouTube Enjoy sound of silent DSG ****ing and worst reliability!
    Last edited by cameleon72; 14-07-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Well after 3 years and 6 months justice has finally been served on Volkswagen! A legally binding decision by the Financial Ombudsman has upheld my wife's dispute with VWFS.

This was not where my wife wanted to be having ordered her Tiguan in good faith in October 2016 before taking delivery on 3 March 2017. The attitude of the dealer, VW and VWFS combined was to ignore my wife's genuine concerns, baffle her with claims of 'normal characteristic' and to frustrate her with delay after delay after delay, whilst the Motor Ombudsman, our legal representatives and the Financial Ombudsman attempted to obtain relevant information.

On 16 September 2020 the Financial Ombudsman in her 7 page report confirmed that "Mrs W’s car was not of satisfactory quality"! The FO also stated "My overall impression is that these noises do not appear to be in line with what a reasonable person might expect from a car of this price and description" - "I think Mrs W should now be allowed her final right to reject the car"
    The full 7 page report will be available on the Financial Ombudsmans Website in due course.

Relief is an understatement, we are elated! After 3 years and 6 months we can now finally move on with our lives. It gives us tremendous pleasure knowing that the 'little man' on the street won a dispute against a large car corporation who knew they were wrong in the first instance but they continued to heap financial stress, mental distress and great inconvenience upon us for daring to take them on! This decsion also proves that our concerns with the noise issue that is affecting many Tiguans is not acceptable.

I sincerely hope all other Tiguan owners who have encountered a similar issues or experience with Volkswagen or any other car manufacturer draw the strength to take these car corporations on and get the justice you deserve!

I think its fair comment to say that we will never be purchasing another VAG car in the future after this regretable experience!

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up

Well after 3 years and 6 months justice has finally been served on Volkswagen! A legally binding decision by the Financial Ombudsman has upheld my wife's dispute with VWFS.
    That is a great achievement. Congratulations with sticking with the process and getting the right outcome. I expect dealers act like this because they know from experience 90% of people do not take it further than a complaint.

Why did you need to go to the Financial Ombudsman instead of VCAT under the Australian Consumer Law ?

This was not where my wife wanted to be having ordered her Tiguan in good faith in October 2016 before taking delivery on 3 March 2017. The attitude of the dealer, VW and VWFS combined was to ignore my wife's genuine concerns, baffle her with claims of 'normal characteristic' and to frustrate her with delay after delay after delay, whilst the Motor Ombudsman, our legal representatives and the Financial Ombudsman attempted to obtain relevant information.
    Which wank of a dealer was it ?

I think its fair comment to say that we will never be purchasing another VAG car in the future after this regretable experience!
    Good to hear that you finally got an outcome. Hopefully it also covers all the time and cost you incurred and for all your pain and suffering / lack of enjoyment for something that should have been a good experience.

Did you end up getting to the bottom of what the issue actually was? And did the noise get any better/worse over time? Did anyone dump the transmission oil and check for "glitter" as it certainly sounded like there was a failing bearing or metal/metal contact somewhere in the driveline.

Understandable how you'd gone through the wringer that you're not that keen to purchase another one. It's a shame that you came up against both a dealer and warranty department that was unwilling to rectify the issue which clearly was impacting on your enjoyment of the vehicle.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Why did you need to go to the Financial Ombudsman instead of VCAT under the Australian Consumer Law ?

That's because user Justice is in the UK so they would have different consumer bodies and laws that they would have to go through over there compared to Australia.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    That's because user Justice is in the UK so they would have different consumer bodies and laws that they would have to go through over there compared to Australia.
    Ahh I missed that this was a UK based issue. As this is an Oz website I assumed it was local.

Ahh I missed that this was a UK based issue. As this is an Oz website I assumed it was local.
    Still a ****ty thing to go through but fortunately not a local dealer or VW Australia.

I think ACCC is a bit better/quicker at resolving these types of issues rather than taking 3 years (poor guy).

That is a great achievement. Congratulations with sticking with the process and getting the right outcome. I expect dealers act like this because they know from experience 90% of people do not take it further than a complaint.

Thanks for your support.....and i am in total agreement of your statement. It is well known that if dealers and manufacturers frustrate you enough the customer will walk away and give up!

I live in the UK so I'm guessing correctly that our consumer laws are different with Australian ones.

The dealer was a large dealer group in the UK "Listers"

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Good to hear that you finally got an outcome. Hopefully it also covers all the time and cost you incurred and for all your pain and suffering / lack of enjoyment for something that should have been a good experience.

Did you end up getting to the bottom of what the issue actually was? And did the noise get any better/worse over time? Did anyone dump the transmission oil and check for "glitter" as it certainly sounded like there was a failing bearing or metal/metal contact somewhere in the driveline.

Understandable how you'd gone through the wringer that you're not that keen to purchase another one. It's a shame that you came up against both a dealer and warranty department that was unwilling to rectify the issue which clearly was impacting on your enjoyment of the vehicle.
    Cheers mate for the kind words

My wife has been compensated as per the Financial Ombudsmans decision which puts her back in a better position financially than at the time of purchase. She will also receive compensation and interest of 8% on all moneys she has paid including her deposit, finance payments plus accessories, insurance premiums, road tax, GAP insurance and independent engineer costs.

Unfortunately, we did never get to the cause of the noise problem as Volkswagen were not engaging to do so, although my wife's legal representatives did suggest analasis of the DSG oil for swarf contamination should it be required. I have followed a number of VAG forums and one in particular that appears to have a high report of noise problems appears to be the Skoda forums. One forum member posted most recently on 03 October 2020 appears to have solved the problem, LINK -;Grinding noise - Page 3 - Skoda Kodiaq - BRISKODA.

Regarding our decision not to purchase another VAG product is more to do with the manner in which my wife has been treated by Volkswagen, VWFS and the selling dealer. Although, I have to mention that the Tiguan is the second successive VW we have owned with has had major DSG issues, the first was a 2014 Mk7 Golf GTD which had a replacement DSG at 8,000 miles. The noise issue is a very common customer complaint across europe and beyond and VW have failed to adress the problem with any commitment or vigour. I have a very good knowledge and experience of BMW and so my wife is considering an X3 M40d/X5 3.0d or a M340i Touring with a 'ZF' gearbox.

I trust my wife's Tiguan will be up for sale on a dealer forecourt soon, and no doubt sold at a good price given the desirable specification, very low mileage and used car sales boom which has seen secondhand values rise significantly in the UK because of Covid19. All told I believe VW will have lost nothing financially with this dispute but it remains if my wife's success will set a prescedent with other Tiguan owners who find themselves in this most unfortunate situation my wife was in.

Once again thanks for your interest.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast