Thread: Haldex Service

Users Country Flag

Haldex Service

Found a supplier in the UK that will supply just the O rings for the Haldex pump.
    Around $5 a pair.

An interesting thing about these O rings, this may be common knowledge here, but it's the first time I came across it, is that the two O rings are different sizes. The one closer to the filter is 1mm smaller than the other one.
    I re-measured the original O rings I removed from the pump and one is that bit smaller than the other.

My pump after 3.5 years and 28,000 km.

Haldex Service-tiguan-haldex-jpg

O ring Seals For Gen 5 Haldex Pumps – Haldex Parts and ECU Repairs by Auto Fault Finder Ltd

2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

Users Country Flag
    Thats the price they should be - its not like they are anything special.

You should buy half a dozen sets and sell them locally.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    GRD,
    Well posted and very informative links too. Thank you for posting.

My 2019 Golf R wagon has done 32,000 klms and just had the scheduled 45,000-kilometer 36 months service by prepaid five-year Care Plan by Mt Gravatt Volkswagen. They seem disinterested in customer questions and giving accurate responses on this occasion.

The Mt Gravatt Volkswagen service invoice lists the Haldex Oil system was changed. I rang and spoke to Mt Gravatt Volkswagen team and they confirmed the Haldex oil was changed. But nothing indicates the Service and clean of the gauze strainerpickup?

I specifically asked Mt Gravatt Volkswagen team if the Haldex Oil system was included because I wanted additional servicing done IE the fixed filter to be cleaned at the same time.

Can the
    Cleaning the Gauze Strainer be done without losing all the Haldex Oil?

Then running the “Pump Learn” function in VCDS/Vagcom. I do not have a current VCDS/Vagcom to this part.

Cheers Al
    Last edited by Call me Al; 01-07-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me Al View Post
    GRD,

My 2019 Golf R wagon has done 32,000 klms and just had the scheduled 45,000-kilometer 36 months service by prepaid five-year Care Plan by Mt Gravatt Volkswagen. They seem disinterested in customer questions and giving accurate responses on this occasion.

The Mt Gravatt Volkswagen service invoice lists the Haldex Oil system was changed. I rang and spoke to Mt Gravatt Volkswagen team and they confirmed the Haldex oil was changed. But nothing indicates the Service and clean of the gauze strainerpickup?

I specifically asked Mt Gravatt Volkswagen team if the Haldex Oil system was included because I wanted additional servicing done IE the fixed filter to be cleaned at the same time.

Can the

Then running the “Pump Learn” function in VCDS/Vagcom. I do not have a current VCDS/Vagcom to this part.

Cheers Al
    I've found Austral Volkswagen (Newstead) great for answering questions and talking about cars. They're really good at getting into the details with you.

I"ve also had good dealings with Capalaba Volkswagen - especially the Parts department.
    AFAIK - Capalaba and Mt Gravatt are operated by the same company.

Though, I guess it probably all depends on who you get on the day and sometimes they're really busy and simply dont have time to talk (ie. avoid start and end of day if you want to talk details).

Users Country Flag
    Cleaning the little filter is not listed as a service item, so fair to say it would not have been cleaned.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    GRD,

Can the

Cheers Al

Not a chance they took the pump off for a look. It's not the Volkswagen way.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Can the Cleaning the Gauze Strainer be done without losing all the Haldex Oil?
    Then running the “Pump Learn” function in VCDS/Vagcom.
    I do not have a current VCDS/Vagcom to this part.

You would have to still drain the oil, catch it in a clean container then pull the pump. This would loose some more oil which you would have to catch without getting any contaminants in it. Probably a bit dodgy.

Most videos I've seen do not mention the "Learn Function". Hopefully some one else is able to comment on this.
    2018 Tiguan 162TSI R

Definitely recommend doing the 'Pump Motor' (purges pump) + resetting adaptation values via OBD11 / VCDS after changing the fluid - especially if the filter has been clogged up.

Lots of forum discussions about this - just google 'haldex oil change basic settings'.
    Last edited by Timmy35851; 04-07-2022 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo

Users Country Flag
    I sent The Mt Gravatt Volkswagen service manager Willem a reminder to reply to my prior emails and another follow up email requesting he advise if the Haldex filter strainer was cleaned at the 3 year 45000 klm service.

Willem rang me on Monday and stated the Haldex filter strainer was cleaned at the 3 year 45000 klm service.

Ripley's believe it or not?

Cheers Al

Users Country Flag

I sent The Mt Gravatt Volkswagen service manager Willem a reminder to reply to my prior emails and another follow up email requesting he advise if the Haldex filter strainer was cleaned at the 3 year 45000 klm service.

Willem rang me on Monday and stated the Haldex filter strainer was cleaned at the 3 year 45000 klm service.

Ripley's believe it or not?

Cheers Al
    That's good to know =)

I'm thinking of having my Arteon’s 3 year service redone by VW. It was done by BMW (who I bought the car from), but it doesn't seem to have been done properly...