Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hail damage

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Yeah, sorry to derail your thread. I’m just hoping mines a write off and I can look for a B8
    Don't worry, I opened it as a generic thread, anyone can comment who had bad luck.

I am know curious about the process. The last hail storm has been categorised as a catastrophic event.
    Does it mean anything with regards to the insurance, i.e. less to pay? Will I lose my no claim bonus?

Do you think with my 5-6 light dents, should I go to a dent repairer instead and have it fixed so my insurance payments will not increase?

UPDATE: no worries, I asked the insurance company and they have explained everything
    Last edited by PeteC; 28-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.
    MY18 VW Tiguan Comfortline

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)
    Got caught in this storm same day as Berowra but at Norah head on the Central Coast which had slightly larger than golf ball size hail , managed to drive under a big gum and only got two dings to roof, I actually bought one of those cheap ding remover a few months ago to fix a few issues on my 69 beetle , glue plastic piece on to ding and use puller to pull off, tried it on the Jetta today and it actually removed the dings completely , cant see were they had been , didnt have any luck on the 69 beetle maybe to thicker metal on them old things.

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    Got caught in this storm same day as Berowra but at Norah head on the Central Coast which had slightly larger than golf ball size hail , managed to drive under a big gum and only got two dings to roof, I actually bought one of those cheap ding remover a few months ago to fix a few issues on my 69 beetle , glue plastic piece on to ding and use puller to pull off, tried it on the Jetta today and it actually removed the dings completely , cant see were they had been , didnt have any luck on the 69 beetle maybe to thicker metal on them old things.
    Take any pics of your damage pre pulling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes in the booth with the PDR team and they said it’s a total loss.

Full strip, repair and respray needed and the cost to recode and replace electronics items was over $5k alone.

Insured value $26740

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I have a dilemma.
    My car has light hail damages, 5-7 minor dents. A dent remover have quoted around 2k for repair, while the official insurance repairer quoted around 4-5k for repair.
    Which one would you choose in my case? Both would be covered under my insurance.
    MY18 VW Tiguan Comfortline

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I have a dilemma.
    My car has light hail damages, 5-7 minor dents. A dent remover have quoted around 2k for repair, while the official insurance repairer quoted around 4-5k for repair.
    Which one would you choose in my case? Both would be covered under my insurance.
    Doesn’t the insurance repairer just hire a PDR guy to do it rather than repair and respray? As long as both are guaranteed repairs and the outcome is the same is go with whichever gets you back on the road fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    Doesn’t the insurance repairer just hire a PDR guy to do it rather than repair and respray? As long as both are guaranteed repairs and the outcome is the same is go with whichever gets you back on the road fastest.

That's what I'm doing with the wife's car

Excess is $1.5k (did that because we never claim)
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12