View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

hi everyone,

how can i backup my current car's setting before using OBD to enable new features. thank you

Users Country Flag
    OBDeleven takes a log of before / after values every time you make a change. To restore the changes you have to manually check the log and amend the adaptations accordingly.

Users Country Flag
    thanks Simon for instructions, and

Adaptive Lane Guidance

1. Select Coding, and change Point of Intervention to Early (Setting Via Menu)

select Coding or Long coding ... in the OBDELEVEN i only am able to see long coding ....sorry for this ...please be patient ....hehe

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by theitchy View Post
    thanks Simon for instructions, and

select Coding or Long coding ... in the OBDELEVEN i only am able to see long coding ....sorry for this ...please be patient ....hehe
    yes, long coding (and yes, it confused me too).

Users Country Flag
    thankks sharp ..thats why my friend call me banana...hehe

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by theitchy View Post
    hi everyone,
    how can i backup my current car's setting before using OBD to enable new features. thank you
    Like this:

Repeat this process for each control module listed in the first screenshot for your car. My screenshot is from my test bench (my "virtual car"), so it only lists 5 x modules - but a real car will have many more modules.

It does take time to establish a complete back-up database, but it's a worthwhile exercise IMO for when (not, "if") the brown stuff and the fan meet - especially if you intend to use OBD11 Apps (which don't/haven't-normally recorded the before/after change values)

Another advantage of having a back-up database is that you can scrutinize the settings on your car before implementing a tweak - without the need to hook up the OBD11 dongle. Very useful if you want to see if the tweak is suitable!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 13-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you very much DV52 ... I appreaciate this kindness very much .....i struggle backing up these things and already made change for Traffic and LED light. However this would be a big help before i start stuffing up everything ...hehe.....thank you kindly DV52

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone managed to code rear DRL yet?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cabby09 View Post
    Has anyone managed to code rear DRL yet?
    caddy: it's done a number of ways - Scandinavian DRL tweak being one of these -Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht>active. But this change also lights-up other lamps like the dash

Or, you could use the technique below - if you have OBD11 (you 1st need to select Central electrics module):

and if you have VCDS - it's done like this (you 1st need to select the BCM and enter the magic number 31347):

Don

EDIT: OK - slight change to the screenshots above which work for MQB platform vehicles prior to MY17 build. If your car has the newer ODX modules (I suspect the new Tiggy has these), then the "Parent" part of the adaptation channel name is Außenlicht_Front (instead of Daytime running lights). If you are using VCDS on the new Tiggy, the full adaptation channel name is ENG10575-ENG115833-Außenlicht_Front-Fahrlicht bei Tag.
    Last edited by DV52; 14-05-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

Excuse my ignorance. What are rear DRLs? Why would you want to switch them on? Would they be confused with normal rear red lights?
    Thanks.
    David

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast