View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

Turned out to be me not being terribly bright, and long coding can be done in OBDEleven the same way as VCDS. Managed to get Dynamic Road Sign Display programmed, refuel quantity on active information display, and fan speed indicator when the airconditioning is in AUTO mode.

The only adaptation I still cannot figure out is sunroof comfort closing. Looked into Central Electronics and the sunroof module and just cannot find the SAD Komfort adaptation channel.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hoola View Post
    Thanks Gladbach. Fiddled with it and the eventually got it to connect by setting the driver profile to ECO and stopping the car while the engine turns off. Managed to get the following coded in OBDEleven:

1. TMC
    2. Automatic window closing in rain
    3. Adaptive land guidance
    4. Enable/display DRL in Discovery Media

The settings in OBDEleven are different from VCDS so it took some experimenting to find the adaptation channels. I did find that the coding option in OBDEleven did not work for Central Electronics. All of the changes were done through adaptation channels. I have yet to find the adaptation channel for sunroof comfort closing but will try that this weekend.

Did try to get Dynamic Road Sign Display working, but OBDEleven does not show byte and bit number so I got stumped at the front sensor driver assistance module (byte 16 bit 4), information electronics (byte 24 bit 6) and the instruments module (byte 5 bit 2), not being able to figure out which to toggle. I know OBDEleven has an app to turn this on for 100 credits but I did not want to try it without knowing how to reverse the changes.
    Awesome, I'll have a stab at those other 3 as well. Keen to see how the adaptive lane guidance works in comparison to the lane assist.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Hoola,

Can i ask what the steps were to enable auto rain close?

thanks

Thanks Gladbach. Fiddled with it and the eventually got it to connect by setting the driver profile to ECO and stopping the car while the engine turns off. Managed to get the following coded in OBDEleven:

1. TMC
    2. Automatic window closing in rain
    3. Adaptive land guidance
    4. Enable/display DRL in Discovery Media

The settings in OBDEleven are different from VCDS so it took some experimenting to find the adaptation channels. I did find that the coding option in OBDEleven did not work for Central Electronics. All of the changes were done through adaptation channels. I have yet to find the adaptation channel for sunroof comfort closing but will try that this weekend.

Did try to get Dynamic Road Sign Display working, but OBDEleven does not show byte and bit number so I got stumped at the front sensor driver assistance module (byte 16 bit 4), information electronics (byte 24 bit 6) and the instruments module (byte 5 bit 2), not being able to figure out which to toggle. I know OBDEleven has an app to turn this on for 100 credits but I did not want to try it without knowing how to reverse the changes.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Fried_noodles,

If you are using OBDEleven, the steps to enable auto-rain close for the windows are:

1. Select Central Electronics 09
    2. Select "Security Access" and use the security code 31347
    3. Select Adaptations
    4. Select ZV Komfort in the adaptation channels to see the sub-channels
    5. Select "Regenschliessen_ain_aus", toggle to "Active". The default is "not active"
    6. Select "Regenschliessen_art", toggle to "Permanent". The default is "once"
    7. Select "Menusteuerung Regenschliessen", toggle to "Active". The default is "not active"

This will enable the Discovery Media to display "Automatic closing in rain" as an option for window operation under "Car -> Setup -> Opening and closing setup"

VCDS procedure should be fairly similar.

VCDS procedure should be fairly similar.
    It is. But doesn't work.

Users Country Flag

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_noodles View Post
    Hoola,

Can i ask what the steps were to enable auto rain close?

thanks
    Actually Hoola if any chance you could document or link to the steps for all of the changes you've made that would be great.

BTW do you still get a warning with dynamic road sign display upon startup? At the moment I won't enable this as it's my wife's car and errors are bad

Thanks,
    Shane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post
    Actually Hoola if any chance you could document or link to the steps for all of the changes you've made that would be great.

BTW do you still get a warning with dynamic road sign display upon startup? At the moment I won't enable this as it's my wife's car and errors are bad

Thanks,
    Shane.

Yes you do get a warning that appears on the AID saying the Road Sign Recognition is limited (or something similar can't remember the exact words) and it also dings which is the slightly annoying bit. It doesn't do it as soon as you start the car but about 2 mins after you start driving.

Would love to find a way to turn this off (or at least stop it dinging) but not sure if that is possible at all. I just ignore it now as I know what it is each time (you do get passengers asking what it is) but having the speed signs on the AID (and HUD if in NZ) is definitely worth it. Also handy to have it flash up a warning if you go over a set speed above the detected speed sign (10, 15, 20kmh etc) since the Tiguan is so smooth and quiet you don't always realise how fast your going.

Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post

Thanks,
    Shane.

Hi Shanelord,

Summary of OBDEleven steps as follows. I compiled it from changes made by peanut, NZ_GolfR, and others on this forum so none of this is original. I tested most of these functions while out driving yesterday and today. Note I have a 132TSi with DAP and Luxury Pack, not a fully spec 162TSi with R-Line so I am missing Discovery Pro, LED lights, progressive steering and the fancy suspension settings. Your mileage may vary depending on what is fitted.

TMC Traffic
    1. Go into Module 5F - Information Control Unit
    2. Select Adaptations, select "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
    3. Set value from 65535 to 1024
    4. Make sure you enable traffic information in the radio, and set RDS region to automatic.
    5. Wait for about half an hour and it will receive all the traffic messages. You can confirm that TMC is working looking at the information display where it will display the TMC logo.

Enable/Disable Daytime Running Lights in Discovery Head Unit

1. Go ​into Module 09 Central Electronics
    2. Select Adaptations, then Aussenlicht Front
    3. SelectTagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
    4. Set value to Active. The default is "not active"
    5. Click on accept, and enter 31347 as the security code.
    6. From the Discovery head unit, select Car, then Setup
    7. Select Light, and you should see Daytime Running Light as an option

Note, with this change, you turn on the DRL from the Discovery Media, not from the light switch. The light switch can be set to 0 and the DRL will still be controlled from the head unit.

Adaptive Lane Guidance

1. Go into Module A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
    2. Select Coding, and change Point of Intervention to Early (Setting Via Menu)
    3. Click on "Accept", and use 20103 as the security access code.
    4. This enables Adaptive Lane Guidance as a menu option under Driver Assistance - Lane Assist.

I have tested the difference between lane assist and ALG. LA bounces between the lane markings whereas ALG will more or less keep it in the centre. If you start drifting it will nudge it back. This works only above 65 kph. The AID will show when it is working. It works quite well with ACC.

Automatic Window Closing in Rain

1. Go into Module 09 Central Electronics
    2. Go into Security, use 3134 as the security code.
    3. Select Adaptations, and then ZV Komfort
    4. Select Regenschliessen_ain_aus, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
    5. Then select Regenschliessen_art, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
    6. Finally select Menusteuerung Regenschliessen, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
    7. This enables Automatic closing in rain as a menu option under Window Operation

I have yet to really try if this works or if it is just the menu as I have not been driving in the rain with the windows opened.

Enable Refuel Quantity as Driving Data Option in AID

1. Go into Module 17 Instruments
    2. Coding, select Byte 10 and activate Bit 4.
    3. The default is 5 litres. Pretty sure this can be changed via coding but I did not bother.

Enable Fan Speed Indication for Airconditioning when in AUTO mode

1. Go into Module 8 Auto HVAC
    2. Coding, select Byte 11 and activate Bit 6.
    3. This turns the lights on to indicate fan speed

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display
    1. Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
    2. Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
    3. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Enabled
    4. Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
    5. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
    6. Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6
    7. Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    8. Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
    9. Go into Module 17 Instruments
    10. Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
    11. Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    12. Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
    13. Reboot the infotainment unit

The warning will pop up with an audio ding about one to two minutes after you start driving. This warning cannot be removed nor the alarm silenced, but the road sign function works including detecting temporary speed restrictions from road works. It will remove the speed limit display from the navigation map, and replace it with the speed limits that it detected. The detected road signs show up on the AID as well.

I suspect the warning has something to do with the road sign recognition function being programmed to recognise road signs complying with the EU regulations, and if the car is coded for any other regions it will display the warning stating that the functionality is restricted. In any case apart from the warning it works better than the navigation limits, since the Volkswagen Australian maps are at least 3 years out of date in some places and my estate shows up as offroad driving even though I have been in the current place for 3 yearss.

Mods that Do Not Work

1. Light Assist. I cannot get it to work on 132TSi with DAP/Luxury. Function most likely requires a separate headlight assembly. The xenon lights show up as BASIC, and there are quite a few other options that can be selected if the car is installed with it. The Highlines may be different.

Still Trying to Figure Out
    1. Sunroof comfort closing. The 132TSi with sunroof does not have sunroof as an available adaptation parent channel in the central electronics. VW might have removed this due to safety reasons.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Shanelord,

Summary of OBDEleven steps as follows. I compiled it from changes made by peanut, NZ_GolfR, and others on this forum so none of this is original. I tested most of these functions while out driving yesterday and today. Note I have a 132TSi with DAP and Luxury Pack, not a fully spec 162TSi with R-Line so I am missing Discovery Pro, LED lights, progressive steering and the fancy suspension settings. Your mileage may vary depending on what is fitted.

TMC Traffic
    1. Go into Module 5F - Information Control Unit
    2. Select Adaptations, select "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
    3. Set value from 65535 to 1024
    4. Make sure you enable traffic information in the radio, and set RDS region to automatic.
    5. Wait for about half an hour and it will receive all the traffic messages. You can confirm that TMC is working looking at the information display where it will display the TMC logo.

Enable/Disable Daytime Running Lights in Discovery Head Unit

1. Go ​into Module 09 Central Electronics
    2. Select Adaptations, then Aussenlicht Front
    3. SelectTagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich
    4. Set value to Active. The default is "not active"
    5. Click on accept, and enter 31347 as the security code.
    6. From the Discovery head unit, select Car, then Setup
    7. Select Light, and you should see Daytime Running Light as an option

Note, with this change, you turn on the DRL from the Discovery Media, not from the light switch. The light switch can be set to 0 and the DRL will still be controlled from the head unit.

Adaptive Lane Guidance

1. Go into Module A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
    2. Select Coding, and change Point of Intervention to Early (Setting Via Menu)
    3. Click on "Accept", and use 20103 as the security access code.
    4. This enables Adaptive Lane Guidance as a menu option under Driver Assistance - Lane Assist.

I have tested the difference between lane assist and ALG. LA bounces between the lane markings whereas ALG will more or less keep it in the centre. If you start drifting it will nudge it back. This works only above 65 kph. The AID will show when it is working. It works quite well with ACC.

Automatic Window Closing in Rain

1. Go into Module 09 Central Electronics
    2. Go into Security, use 3134 as the security code.
    3. Select Adaptations, and then ZV Komfort
    4. Select Regenschliessen_ain_aus, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
    5. Then select Regenschliessen_art, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
    6. Finally select Menusteuerung Regenschliessen, toggle to Active. The default is "not active"
    7. This enables Automatic closing in rain as a menu option under Window Operation

I have yet to really try if this works or if it is just the menu as I have not been driving in the rain with the windows opened.

Enable Refuel Quantity as Driving Data Option in AID

1. Go into Module 17 Instruments
    2. Coding, select Byte 10 and activate Bit 4.
    3. The default is 5 litres. Pretty sure this can be changed via coding but I did not bother.

Enable Fan Speed Indication for Airconditioning when in AUTO mode

1. Go into Module 8 Auto HVAC
    2. Coding, select Byte 11 and activate Bit 6.
    3. This turns the lights on to indicate fan speed

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display
    1. Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
    2. Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
    3. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Enabled
    4. Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
    5. Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
    6. Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6
    7. Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    8. Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
    9. Go into Module 17 Instruments
    10. Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
    11. Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    12. Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
    13. Reboot the infotainment unit

The warning will pop up with an audio ding about one to two minutes after you start driving. This warning cannot be removed nor the alarm silenced, but the road sign function works including detecting temporary speed restrictions from road works. It will remove the speed limit display from the navigation map, and replace it with the speed limits that it detected. The detected road signs show up on the AID as well.

I suspect the warning has something to do with the road sign recognition function being programmed to recognise road signs complying with the EU regulations, and if the car is coded for any other regions it will display the warning stating that the functionality is restricted. In any case apart from the warning it works better than the navigation limits, since the Volkswagen Australian maps are at least 3 years out of date in some places and my estate shows up as offroad driving even though I have been in the current place for 3 yearss.

Mods that Do Not Work

1. Light Assist. I cannot get it to work on 132TSi with DAP/Luxury. Function most likely requires a separate headlight assembly. The xenon lights show up as BASIC, and there are quite a few other options that can be selected if the car is installed with it. The Highlines may be different.

Still Trying to Figure Out
    1. Sunroof comfort closing. The 132TSi with sunroof does not have sunroof as an available adaptation parent channel in the central electronics. VW might have removed this due to safety reasons.
    Absolute legend. You've saved me a bunch of time. I'll do some of these on the weekend

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag

Just wondering if it's possible to disable the "eco-tip" messages that appear on the active info display if you turn off the stop/start?
    Does permanently turning off the stop/start function via VCDS also turn off that notification?

Another eco-tip that comes up is when driving at higher speeds with the windows down or slightly open. Is there just a way to get rid of those eco-tips all together, whilst still driving in eco mode?
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG, DAP, Panoramic Sunroof, R-Line Package, Pure White
    MY18 Golf R Grid Edition - DSG, Panoramic Sunroof, Pure White

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast