View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Hi all, thought I would like to share some of my findings with you all regarding the possibilities of enabling EU features on our Aussie Tiguans. This is a thread dedicated to enabling EU specific features.

Info below is catered to MY17 Tiguans, as adaptations and coding have changed between model years.

WARNING/DISCLAIMER: Coding can be very dangerous and if done incorrectly, it can cause damage to your vehicle and void your warranty. If you are worried about that prospect, either don't code or get someone that is experienced to code it for you. Always backup before making changes. I cannot be held accountable for any damage incurred.

I just realized that I made all changes (naughty) in one go, so I will have dig my history to see which changes I made. Videos demonstrating features should be up fairly soon.

Please take a look at this thread regularly for updates.

Adaptive Lane Guidance
    Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Works the same as shown in Youtube videos. I have tried this with my Tiguan.

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_20170316_151121-jpg

Emergency Assist/Traffic Jam Assist
    A high possibility that it will work, given that Adaptive Lane Guidance can be/is enabled. Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven.

UPDATE: It can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. However, Module 44 - Steering Assist Module, varies between vehicles that are spec'd with Traffic Jam Assist/ Emergency Assist, and those that doesn't.

Tiguans that are "spec'd" for TJA and Emergency Assist have 7 bytes in Module 44.
    Tiguans that are not "spec'd" for TJA and Emergency Assist only have 2 bytes in Module 44.

I still need more scans from other people, especially those that have TJA, to confirm my findings.

DANGER! REQUIRES EXTENSIVE BYTE BY BYTE, BIT BY BIT INDIVIDUALIZED CODING!
    Long Coding required for Modules 09, 13, 17, 44, 5F, A5

Currently experimenting with coding ATM.

Pedestrian Assist
    I don't think this is possible, due to the use of a different ACC sensor. (We don't have Continential ACC Sensors in Australian Spec Tiguans). Rejects coding in A5 module.

UPDATE: It may be possible, as we use the same Continental ACC Sensors as EU Spec Tiguans.

By enabling the Pedestrian Assist in Module 13, we may be able to allow A5 to accept coding as well. It might either the CAN Gateway or the differing software versions that is rejecting the coding in Module A5.

Teaser Photo (I enabled settings in menu, it is a gimmick)

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_20170316_151111-jpg

TMC Traffic
    Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Works perfectly. I have tried this with my Tiguan.

Coding:

Code:
    Information Control Unit
    Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
    Change value from 65535 to 1024
    Ensure that Traffic and RDS is enabled in radio.

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_20170316_151152-jpg

Dynamic Road Sign Display
    Limited functionality. The "Dynamic" portion of the road sign display does not work, as it cannot fusion the data provided by the GPS. Road Sign Recognition works however, and signs detected by the camera shows up in the left corner of the Discover Head Unit and also the MFD/AID. If you enable this, the speed limit shown on the navigation disappears.

I have tried this with my Tiguan. Most of the time it detects speed signs, but it can still have trouble detecting "School Zone" speed signs. It only shows the limit if it sees a speed sign. Depending on your preference, you may not like to enable this option,

Coding:

Code:
    1. Module 5F 
                 Adaptations
                                Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 
                                          Set to Active
                                Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu menu_display_road_sign_identification 
                                          Set to Enabled

Then go to Coding
            Long Coding
                         Byte 24, activate Bit 6

2. Module A5

Then go to Coding
            Long Coding
                        Byte 16, activate Bit 4 

3. Module 17

Then go to Coding
           Long Coding
                        Byte 5, activate Bit 2

Then you need to disable Road Sign Fusion. 

4. Module A5
                  Adaptation
                            Road sign detection fusion mode
                            Change from Road sign fusion to Road sign detection

If you have HUD in your Tiguan, the following coding will enable speed signs to be shown on it (For NZ and other countries)

Module 82
    Coding
    Long Coding

Byte 0, Activate Bit 0.

Reboot the infotainment system.
    After coding, Dynamic Road Sign limited functionality error will appear every time the car starts, but otherwise does not affect the function of the car.

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_20170316_151125-jpg

Light Assist
    Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Works perfectly. I have tried this with my Tiguan.

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_20170316_151244-jpg

Dynamic Light Assist
    I don't think this is possible with AU Spec Tiguans. We use a different LED headlight that does not have shutters.

Proactive Occupant Protection
    Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. I have not had the chance to try it yet.

Flashing Brake Lights
    Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Emits flashing brake lights in scenarios where "hard braking" is detected. In theory it should work. but not sure as I have not tried it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add some of your findings to this thread as well. I have found some of the information online, adapted it, and then re-tested it with the Tiguan, others I have discovered it myself by comparing coding. I am happy to give due credit. Please PM me if that is the case.

Credits:

DV52 - giving me advice and being a cool guy in general
    NZ_GolfR - for trying out HUD settings
    Last edited by peanut; 18-03-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: why am i so bad at formatting

Users Country Flag
    Goood to know this. Thanks heapppp

Users Country Flag
    Thank you Peanut. This thread will be a regular visiting spot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Awesome. Great to hear that Adaptive Lane Guidance can be enabled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have ACC and Adaptive Lane Guidance, then you could pretty much achieve TJA without additional coding, with the caveat that you'd need to resume the ACC after being stopped for 3 seconds. The car would start and stop automatically (under 3 seconds) and steer itself. So the only difference with TJA is that it would resume beyond the 3 second stationary time. Am I missing something?

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Awesome. Great to hear that Adaptive Lane Guidance can be enabled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have ACC and Adaptive Lane Guidance, then you could pretty much achieve TJA without additional coding, with the caveat that you'd need to resume the ACC after being stopped for 3 seconds. The car would start and stop automatically (under 3 seconds) and steer itself. So the only difference with TJA is that it would resume beyond the 3 second stationary time. Am I missing something?
    Yes you are. Lane Assist only works above speeds of 65km/h. It requires separate coding in order for it to function under 65km/h, and also for the ACC to restart automatically beyond the 3 second grace period. I will hopefully upload a video of both Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist in action if I am successful in my coding.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Yes you are. Lane Assist only works above speeds of 65km/h. It requires separate coding in order for it to function under 65km/h, and also for the ACC to restart automatically beyond the 3 second grace period. I will hopefully upload a video of both Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist in action if I am successful in my coding.
    Ah cool, it was the 65km/h detail that I was missing! Definitely keen to hear how you go with coding for TJA.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Which instructions did you follow for the Dynamic Road Sign Display and Light Assist as these are 2 thing I am keen to enable.
    Also interested to try the Adaptive Lane Guidance as I didn't think this would work in our cars. Cheers.
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    Hi all, thought I would like to share some of my findings with you all regarding the possibilities of enabling EU features on our Aussie Tiguans.

Please add some of your findings to this thread as well.
    As the Golf Mk7 shares the same MQB platform as the 2nd gen Tiguan, this link would be useful:
    MkVII VCDS Tweak - Reference thread

cheers to DV52 who helped me with a couple of tweaks,
    including disabling engine start/stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VWVY View Post
    As the Golf Mk7 shares the same MQB platform as the 2nd gen Tiguan, this link would be useful:
    MkVII VCDS Tweak - Reference thread

cheers to DV52 who helped me with a couple of tweaks,
    including disabling engine start/stop.
    Only some of the tweaks apply to the MY17 Tiguan, as modules have been updated, and existing coding and adaptions has been altered/removed. I urge caution when applying older and other MQB coding with MY17 Tiguans.

Users Country Flag

Following your instructions above I have managed to activate the Dynamic Road Sign Display but since it is late I haven't been able to test to make sure it actually works yet. One thing I noticed was that after coding I tried to activate it within the Car Setup menu but it wasn't showing. I switched the car off & back on again and it still wasn't there. I locked the car and went inside to do some more reading up on it and when I went back out to the car the option was then available. Seem the car has to be completely powered down to active. Will test it tomorrow to make sure it is reading the road signs and keen to see if they also show in the HUD.

Next to work on is Adaptive Lane Guidance and Light Assist so keen to hear how you activated these ones.

Just to let you know my one already has Proactive Occupant Protection enabled (can switch it on and off in the Car Setup menu). Let me know if you want me to check any of the coding already setup in my car for you to compare.
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast