View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

saveferris: Yes - I do see an issue! Try setting Byte_13_RDS to not_deactivated (yes, it's a double negative). Reset the MIB again and see what happens.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    saveferris: Yes - I do see an issue! Try setting Byte_13_RDS to not_deactivated (yes, it's a double negative). Reset the MIB again and see what happens.

Don
    Just changed the setting to not_deactivated.
    I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm driving around if it's worked .
    Thanks you.

Don
    Right now sitting in peak hour traffic been driving for 2 hours......still doesn't work I have TMC sign with a line through it

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by saveferris View Post
    Right now sitting in peak hour traffic been driving for 2 hours......still doesn't work I have TMC sign with a line through it
    I have the same issue with mine. I have enabled it and most of the time the TMC sign has a line through it with no traffic info:

However occasionally when I look the TMC sign changes to have like a chain link behind it and I had 1 traffic report listed but this is Auckland and I'm certain there was more incidents than that!

I have done the same coding on a mate Skoda vRS and his works flawlessly. Just after I did his on a Friday afternoon he sent me a picture showing 24 Traffic Reports and mine had none at the same time.

I don't use the VW navigation much, prefer the Apple navigation personally just wish could get it on the AID and HUD, so haven't worried about looking into this issue too much. Might have to do some playing around and see what might be causing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    I have the same issue with mine. I have enabled it and most of the time the TMC sign has a line through it with no traffic info:

However occasionally when I look the TMC sign changes to have like a chain link behind it and I had 1 traffic report listed but this is Auckland and I'm certain there was more incidents than that!

I have done the same coding on a mate Skoda vRS and his works flawlessly. Just after I did his on a Friday afternoon he sent me a picture showing 24 Traffic Reports and mine had none at the same time.

I don't use the VW navigation much, prefer the Apple navigation personally just wish could get it on the AID and HUD, so haven't worried about looking into this issue too much. Might have to do some playing around and see what might be causing this.

I've also had the chain link briefly but no report, I just don't get how some can get it and some cant with the same model.......surely somewhere down the line it has to be software issue/setting.

Users Country Flag
    I've also had the chain link briefly but no report, I just don't get how some can get it and some cant with the same model.......surely somewhere down the line it has to be software issue/setting.
    Yes I think so but it is a bit hard to diagnose especially since it is supposed to be a service that you pay to have enabled so can't go back to the dealer to ask. Will let you know if I find anything.

Users Country Flag
    I just found this forum that mentioned a similar issue on an Audi A6 and there's was apparently fixed with a software update: TMC crossed out

I wonder if it is a software issue, just checked mine and this is what it is running:

I am running a Discover Pro in mine but maybe you can compare to yours and someone else that has theirs working properly could also compare as well. I will also try connecting my car to the WiFi later tonight and see if it can find any updates.

Users Country Flag

saveferris: hmm.... I've got just one last suggestion (below) but I'm fairly confident that the RDS setting should be activated (or, "not deactivated") because TMC information is transmitted over the Radio Data Service for the FM band. Byte 14 has a separate RDS switch -I don't know why this separate switch is needed!

If you haven't lost the previous FM radio settings when you reset the MIB and if you still aren't receiving TMC - then alas I'm really puzzled (especially since I have already enabled TMC on two Tiggys !

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 16-06-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Does road sign detection work without Gps / navigation? (Tiguan -17)

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

saveferris: hmm.... I've got just one last suggestion (below) but I'm fairly confident that the RDS setting should be activated (or, "not deactivated") because TMC information is transmitted over the Radio Data Service for the FM band. Byte 14 has a separate RDS switch -I don't know why this separate switch is needed!

If you haven't lost the previous FM radio settings when you reset the MIB and if you still aren't receiving TMC - then alas I'm really puzzled (especially since I have already enabled TMC on two Tiggys !

Don
    Thanks DV52, I have the same setting in Byte 14. I do get all the RDS from the FM stations, song weather etc but Still No Traffic.
    I've been cheated lol.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast