View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

Rear DRL helps make the car more visible at all times and looks so much better. A lot of the Audi models have been doing it since about 2011. It's not nearly as bright as brake lights and no driver should get them confused with normal brake lights. My current S3 has them as well as the GTI and 7R in my country.

Thanks for the info DV52. Does that activate the rear DRL as well as the front ones as per the factory setting?

So I'm still waiting for my R-Line, and apologies if this is elsewhere but my brother owns an Octavia RS with similar DSG and he sent me the following info re something Octavia owners have changed through coding.

Basically it changes the throttle lag to the same Audi mapping so that response is instant rather than the delay that I believe Skoda and VW owners have complained about. He carried out the change via coding over the weekend and swears it is significantly better.

Anybody want to see if they can get it going on a Tig?

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_3374-jpgA guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_3368-jpg
    2007 GOLF GTI - Reflex Silver | 5DR | DSG | Sunroof | Full Tint | Black Leather
    2017 TIGUAN 162 - Indium Grey | R-Line | DAP | Pano Roof | Full Tint - Ordered 30/3/17 Collected 23/11/17

Users Country Flag
    On the surface this sounds very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you Bender for bringing this to our communal attention.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

My perception of why the Tiguan has a slow throttle response is if it is used off road a fast response is not desirable. The once I have had mine truly off road the throttle response seemed to suit the conditions.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bendor View Post
    So I'm still waiting for my R-Line, and apologies if this is elsewhere but my brother owns an Octavia RS with similar DSG and he sent me the following info re something Octavia owners have changed through coding.

Basically it changes the throttle lag to the same Audi mapping so that response is instant rather than the delay that I believe Skoda and VW owners have complained about. He carried out the change via coding over the weekend and swears it is significantly better.

Anybody want to see if they can get it going on a Tig?

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-img_3374-jpg
    Bender: This tweak (setting the car type to Audi) has been floating about for some time now. A few of us over on the mk7 thread (which is also built on an MQB platform - like the new Tiggy) tried it. My experience with this tweak was that it did not make an appreciable difference (if any) to performance and that using the Audi setting caused an incompatibility problem with the ABS module. I can't remember now the exact error message, but the ABS complained bitterly until I reverted the setting back.

In a remarkable coincidence of happenstance (how's that for a tautology ?)- I've just been corresponding with a another colleague via PM about this very matter. My colleague (point) implemented a tweak which was first posted by XaGiCo and which was reported as dramatically changing the responsiveness of the vehicle. It goes like this:

1) Select Command Module: 44 - Steering Assist
    2) Select Security Access: 16 Access Code 19249
    3) Select Adaptation: 10
    4) Select
    Driving profile switchover and Vary parameter 'Direct; controlled over threshold value'

Now, Ive personally not tried the tweak, but point reports that it has resulted in a much better responsiveness from his (her?) gearbox,

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    My perception of why the Tiguan has a slow throttle response is if it is used off road a fast response is not desirable. The once I have had mine truly off road the throttle response seemed to suit the conditions.
    Not sure I agree with that. If you change it to sport mode, the throttle becomes more sensitive and overall the car responds quicker when you put your foot down, even when you change the DSG to "D". When you use the manual dial to put it into off-road mode it dulls the throttle response right down.

If you're in normal mode, the throttle is a bit too numb for me, which is why I drive in individual with the DCC set to normal but the "drive" set to sport (then I change from S to D on the gear shifter). This to me strikes a good balance between economical shifting, not too stiff suspension, and a decent throttle response.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Not sure I agree with that. If you change it to sport mode, the throttle becomes more sensitive and overall the car responds quicker when you put your foot down, even when you change the DSG to "D". When you use the manual dial to put it into off-road mode it dulls the throttle response right down.

If you're in normal mode, the throttle is a bit too numb for me, which is why I drive in individual with the DCC set to normal but the "drive" set to sport (then I change from S to D on the gear shifter). This to me strikes a good balance between economical shifting, not too stiff suspension, and a decent throttle response.
    Mine is not an R line.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    caddy: it's done a number of ways - Scandinavian DRL tweak being one of these -Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht>active. But this change also lights-up other lamps like the dash

Or, you could use the technique below - if you have OBD11 (you 1st need to select Central electrics module):

and if you have VCDS - it's done like this (you 1st need to select the BCM and enter the magic number 31347):

Don

EDIT: OK - slight change to the screenshots above which work for MQB platform vehicles prior to MY17 build. If your car has the newer ODX modules (I suspect the new Tiggy has these), then the "Parent" part of the adaptation channel name is Außenlicht_Front (instead of Daytime running lights). If you are using VCDS on the new Tiggy, the full adaptation channel name is ENG10575-ENG115833-Außenlicht_Front-Fahrlicht bei Tag.
    Thanks for this but does this mean it's not possible to activate the rear DRLs without changing the front DRLs? I like the look of front DRLs I wouldn't want to use low beam lights as front DRL. OR am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Bender: This tweak (setting the car type to Audi) has been floating about for some time now. A few of us over on the mk7 thread (which is also built on an MQB platform - like the new Tiggy) tried it. My experience with this tweak was that it did not make an appreciable difference (if any) to performance and that using the Audi setting caused an incompatibility problem with the ABS module. I can't remember now the exact error message, but the ABS complained bitterly until I reverted the setting back.

In a remarkable coincidence of happenstance (how's that for a tautology ?)- I've just been corresponding with a another colleague via PM about this very matter. My colleague (point) implemented a tweak which was first posted by XaGiCo and which was reported as dramatically changing the responsiveness of the vehicle. It goes like this:

1) Select Command Module: 44 - Steering Assist
    2) Select Security Access: 16 Access Code 19249
    3) Select Adaptation: 10
    4) Select
    Driving profile switchover and Vary parameter 'Direct; controlled over threshold value'

Now, Ive personally not tried the tweak, but point reports that it has resulted in a much better responsiveness from his (her?) gearbox,

Don
    Very interested to see how this goes on the Tiguan. Seems to be a common complaint. One thinks I don't understand though is why would VW not have this set by default if it provides much better drivability? Possibly trade off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast