View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theitchy View Post
    GLAD, after fixing all yours, please fix mine too ...hehe ... im happy to pay you, the minimum is the cost for camera installation from MC car security.
    Sure. I'd follow IsDon's lead though, certainly wouldn't accept payment. Maybe some German beer hehe.

As it turns out, I'm actually having a dash cam installed tomorrow. I was tempted to do it myself, and probably would have on an older car, but I'd rather have it professionally installed so that I don't screw up the trim/roof lining and stuff. I found a good reference in this forum to a guy who does it in Sydney.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Bear View Post
    Awesome!! Let us know how you go mate

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded (June 2017) - NSW, Northern Beaches
    I enabled the traffic feature - it was really easy (well, easy when everyone else on this forum has already done all of the investigation). The instructions I followed were generic, but it was pretty easy to do the same with the OBDEleven.

I now have the traffic messages come up when I press the traffic button, as well as red congestion in the standard navigation view (in both the discover pro unit and the active info display). It's pretty nice.

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I enabled the traffic feature - it was really easy (well, easy when everyone else on this forum has already done all of the investigation). The instructions I followed were generic, but it was pretty easy to do the same with the OBDEleven.

I now have the traffic messages come up when I press the traffic button, as well as red congestion in the standard navigation view (in both the discover pro unit and the active info display). It's pretty nice.
    Nice, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post

Oh man bloody awesome. I might have to visit for your help .. don't mind paying .. or beerA guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Bear View Post
    Oh man bloody awesome. I might have to visit for your help .. don't mind paying .. or beerA guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Sure, you're only around the corner after all!

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Thank you very much GLAD, sure let me know your favourite beer then... hehe.....I have to other OBDELEVEN ASP then....hehe....The cost of installation a bit too much though and honestly you are lucky to be able to find someone who can do that with same quality as professional.

Users Country Flag
    Hi all,

Finally took delivery of my 132Tsi with DAP and Luxury Pack (can't afford the Highline!). I have been trying to do some OBDEleven programming and managed to enable TMC, but some of the coding cannot be performed with engine ignition turned on. I know the car electrics can be turned on with the keyless start button as long as the brake pedal is not depressed, but OBDEleven will not connect without the engine ignition turned on. Yet once connected, if the engine ignition is turned off the electrics get turned off.

Will appreciate some advice from the gurus here on how the OBDEleven programming can be done without ignition turned on.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hoola View Post
    Hi all,

Finally took delivery of my 132Tsi with DAP and Luxury Pack (can't afford the Highline!). I have been trying to do some OBDEleven programming and managed to enable TMC, but some of the coding cannot be performed with engine ignition turned on. I know the car electrics can be turned on with the keyless start button as long as the brake pedal is not depressed, but OBDEleven will not connect without the engine ignition turned on. Yet once connected, if the engine ignition is turned off the electrics get turned off.

Will appreciate some advice from the gurus here on how the OBDEleven programming can be done without ignition turned on.
    Congrats hoola. I'm no guru, so far I've only enabled TMC myself. I don't recall the OBDEleven not connecting without the engine turned on though. I'll try it again and see what it does for me.

Which coding are you planning on doing next?

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Just tried it. Plugged in dongle, Foot off the break, pressed start engine, opened the app and connected ok.

Users Country Flag

Thanks Gladbach. Fiddled with it and the eventually got it to connect by setting the driver profile to ECO and stopping the car while the engine turns off. Managed to get the following coded in OBDEleven:

1. TMC
    2. Automatic window closing in rain
    3. Adaptive land guidance
    4. Enable/display DRL in Discovery Media

The settings in OBDEleven are different from VCDS so it took some experimenting to find the adaptation channels. I did find that the coding option in OBDEleven did not work for Central Electronics. All of the changes were done through adaptation channels. I have yet to find the adaptation channel for sunroof comfort closing but will try that this weekend.

Did try to get Dynamic Road Sign Display working, but OBDEleven does not show byte and bit number so I got stumped at the front sensor driver assistance module (byte 16 bit 4), information electronics (byte 24 bit 6) and the instruments module (byte 5 bit 2), not being able to figure out which to toggle. I know OBDEleven has an app to turn this on for 100 credits but I did not want to try it without knowing how to reverse the changes.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast