View Poll Results: Do you prefer Traffic Sign Recognition or Navigation Speed Limit

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traffic Sign Recognition

24 26.09%
  • Speed Limit on the Navigation System

7 7.61%
  • A combination of the two, which VAG doesn't allow in Australia.

61 66.30%
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_noodles View Post
    Hi,

There didn't seem to be clear instructions on this thread on how to enable the Adaptive Lane Guidance. Instructions below are for OBDEleven owners:

1) Go to Front Sensors Driver Assistance System in the Control Units (Module A5)
    2) Security Access - code is 20103
    3) Coding - Point of intervention - Set this to early (setting via menu)

You should then see the option in the driver assistance settings of the car menu. Works perfectly for me by keeping the car centre in the lane. But this only works above 65km/h. So there are two more changes missing to make this into a TJA function:

1) Allow Adaptive Lane Guidance to work below 65km/h
    2) Allow the ACC to stop and start without the 3 second limit

Hope this helps!
    Thankyou. Works perfectly.

Shane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post

TMC Traffic
    Can be enabled via VCDS or OBDEleven. Works perfectly. I have tried this with my Tiguan.

Coding:

Code:
    Information Control Unit
    Fee-based traffic information (TMC)
    Change value from 65535 to 1024
    Ensure that Traffic and RDS is enabled in radio.

Could anyone who has done this successfully please tell me what their RDS setting looks like? In my Radio Settings I have a "RDS Regional" setting with a choice of "Automatic" or "Fixed". But should there be a "Radio Data System" checkbox? Or is what I have, the only RDS setting?

Quote Originally Posted by latearrival View Post
    Sorry guys. User error! In my haste I had chosen "early", not realising that the option was "early (setting via menu)". Now off to test it on the freeway...

EDIT: Just took the Tig for a spin down the freeway and ALG works as advertised - the car stays between the lines rather than zig zagging between them (or hugging one). Given the constant requests to return your hands to the wheel though, I do wonder what use ALG is, apart from the sheer novelty value.
    The whole point of enabling ALG is the control it gives UNDER 60KPH where in conjunction with ACC it is hoped TJA will then become active.

Users Country Flag

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by latearrival View Post
    Could anyone who has done this successfully please tell me what their RDS setting looks like? In my Radio Settings I have a "RDS Regional" setting with a choice of "Automatic" or "Fixed". But should there be a "Radio Data System" checkbox? Or is what I have, the only RDS setting?
    To answer my own question, for anyone else that's new to all this...

The only thing I had to do in the car's Radio Settings menu was to ensure "Traffic Program (TP)" was ticked and then, under Advanced Settings, that "RDS Regional" was set to "Automatic".

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-20170409_203608-jpg

A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans-20170409_203618-jpg

The traffic information didn't become immediately available - TMC was crossed out in the TRAFFIC menu - but became available at some point later. I'm not sure how long that was, maybe an hour or so.
    Last edited by latearrival; 09-04-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    The whole point of enabling ALG is the control it gives UNDER 60KPH where in conjunction with ACC it is hoped TJA will then become active.
    Yes, that makes sense.

Users Country Flag
    Hi peanut
    Do you have the coding to enable Light Assist?

Users Country Flag
    I received my OBDEleven today, so I'll be playing around with it tonight First cab off the rank will be enabling TMC Traffic.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    GLAD, after fixing all yours, please fix mine too ...hehe ... im happy to pay you, the minimum is the cost for camera installation from MC car security.
    Last edited by theitchy; 18-04-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I received my OBDEleven today, so I'll be playing around with it tonight First cab off the rank will be enabling TMC Traffic.
    Awesome!! Let us know how you go mate

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded (June 2017) - NSW, Northern Beaches

A lot of users say one of the first things they want to disable is start/stop but it is not really necessary. A long time ago I taught advanced driving both for road craft and track work and one if the first things that got drummed into students was how to brake properly on the road and by that I mean how to brake without the car jerking to a stop. It used to be called the chauffeur stop so the passengers are not aware of the actual stop itself, it is easy to do by modulating the brake pedal and backing off the pressure as the speed reduces. What I have found is that driving this way the stop/start simply does not work and after my vehicle stops I need to give the brake pedal a push to engage the brake because I hate sitting at a set of lights with my foot on the brakes. Sometimes the motor cuts when I push the pedal after stopping but most times it doesn't. What I am saying is it is something that can be controlled with brake pressure if you don't have access to a coding cable and software.

On the track it is totally opposite, into the corner and absolutely as hard as you can jump on the brakes and try and bend the brake pedal and that is a really hard thing to learn as it is totally opposite to how we drive every day.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast