Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1156

Thread: Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread

Users Country Flag

Hey folks - sharing my wheel setup which I've been rocking for some time now. Still in love with the shape, design and concavity. Thanks for the folks on this thread - you guys really educated me on wheel sizing and specs before dropping the $$

Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread-wheels-2-jpgGen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread-wheels-1-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    Hey folks - sharing my wheel setup which I've been rocking for some time now. Still in love with the shape, design and concavity. Thanks for the folks on this thread - you guys really educated me on wheel sizing and specs before dropping the $$
    Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels ThreadGen 2 Tiguan Wheels ThreadGen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread
    What are they??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 07-01-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys, does anyone know the actual Load Rating for the OEM Suzuka 20's? Everywhere I look shows the tyres load rating of 101 (825kg) but not the actual load rating for the rim itself. I think I've finally found some rims I like and that will physically work, but legally/for insurance purposes you cant go below OEM load rating but you can go above!

Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know the actual Load Rating for the OEM Suzuka 20's? Everywhere I look shows the tyres load rating of 101 (825kg) but not the actual load rating for the rim itself.
    I think you will find that the load rating ONLY applies to the tyres.

I have never seen or heard of load rating requirements for rims.

What you will need to be concerned about is the offset and how much the new rims may impact on the front and rear wheel track (centre of rim RHD to rim LHD).

Another issue may also be the between inside tyre sidewall clearance to suspension and braking components.

Good luck.
    Last edited by BeigeJet; 26-01-2022 at 07:12 AM.
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Cheetah – Speedy Wheels

All the Wheel/Rim websites I look at seem to specify a load rating. The example above has a max load rating of 730kg.

I'm looking at PDW Oasis XT's which have a load rating of 850kg however their website is down today for some reason so I cannot link that right now

Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Cheetah – Speedy Wheels

All the Wheel/Rim websites I look at seem to specify a load rating. The example above has a max load rating of 730kg.

I'm looking at PDW Oasis XT's which have a load rating of 850kg however their website is down today for some reason so I cannot link that right now
    Well there you go.

I've now done research and what I interpret is a wheel load rating is the maximum it can carry.

The wheel load is determined by taking 50% of the heaviest axle rating of the vehicle (GAWR – gross axle weight rating). Example; if your heaviest axle weight rating is 1500 kg then your wheel load requirement would be 750kg.

On the VW Tiguan brochure that can be downloaded from the VW website, page # 12 vehicle towing info shows the Tiguan's rear axle GAWR ranges from 1,090kg to 1,170kg across the models and is inclusive of the maximum towball download weight of 200kg.

By using the max weight in the range the 50% weight is 585kg (1/2 of 1,170kg) meaning that as long as the wheel load rating is greater than 585kg you should have sufficient margin to exceed the minimum requirements.

As for the tyre load rating, the tyre placard on the car should have the load rating and any tyre you fit should have the same or higher rating.

I have not found a direct link that relates the load rating of a tyre with the load rating of a wheel.

Cheers
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BeigeJet View Post
    Well there you go.

I've now done research and what I interpret is a wheel load rating is the maximum it can carry.

The wheel load is determined by taking 50% of the heaviest axle rating of the vehicle (GAWR – gross axle weight rating). Example; if your heaviest axle weight rating is 1500 kg then your wheel load requirement would be 750kg.

On the VW Tiguan brochure that can be downloaded from the VW website, page # 12 vehicle towing info shows the Tiguan's rear axle GAWR ranges from 1,090kg to 1,170kg across the models and is inclusive of the maximum towball download weight of 200kg.

By using the max weight in the range the 50% weight is 585kg (1/2 of 1,170kg) meaning that as long as the wheel load rating is greater than 585kg you should have sufficient margin to exceed the minimum requirements.

As for the tyre load rating, the tyre placard on the car should have the load rating and any tyre you fit should have the same or higher rating.

I have not found a direct link that relates the load rating of a tyre with the load rating of a wheel.

Cheers
    Oh awesome, thanks for that info! I'm going to double check with VW Parts tomorrow just to be sure. My Tiguan is rated for a 100kg download on the towball though i actually just last week emailed VW Australia to see if my 2017 162TSI Tiguan is retroactively uprated to 200kg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hi i am new to this forum, i was wanting to find out if a Suzuka RLine 20” rims would fit a 2018 Comfortline that has stock 17” rims?

If possible any recommendations of places to fit and setup in Melbourne VIC?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Khav515 View Post
    Hi i am new to this forum, i was wanting to find out if a Suzuka RLine 20” rims would fit a 2018 Comfortline that has stock 17” rims?

If possible any recommendations of places to fit and setup in Melbourne VIC?
    As far as I'm aware the brakes and rotors are all the same across all these models. So it should fit over that. You might have slightly have more poke out of the fenders as the Rline has slightly more flared fenders than the non-Rline models

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

21 inch SQ5 wheels bought and fitted

They fill up the guards a fair bit more, and the speedo actually reads correctly now Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread (used to read 100km/h but GPS said 96).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 LastLast