Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread

Users Country Flag

So will I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone have any idea how much the VW 'Auckland' or 'Kapstadt' wheels cost swapped out from the standard high line rims?

Users Country Flag
    ABT FR20
    Specs: 20 x 8.5, ET40 (in mystic black)
    Tyres: 235/40/20

Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread-abt-sportsline-2016-vw-tiguan-tuning-1-jpg

Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread-abt-sportsline-2016-vw-tiguan-tuning-3-jpg

Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread-abt-sportsline-2016-vw-tiguan-tuning-4-jpg

Gen 2 Tiguan Wheels Thread-abt-sportsline-2016-vw-tiguan-tuning-6-jpg

Time to bring the thread back to real wheels, not space savers.

Not my favourite wheel by a long shot, but probably the pick of the ABT range.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    I recon they look too small in comparison to the car.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    Hi Brad,

I was under the impression that a Space Saver rim has a different rim design and the tyre matches that rim design is also thinner. (to save weight)

Surely one should be able to get a rim and tyre combo that has the same nut spacing; the correct off-set and the same overall diameter without it being specifically a Space Saver.

I would happily purchase an alloy rim as long as it and the tyre fitted in the spare wheel well (allowing for the setting of the boot floor to the higher setting giving about 50 mm additional rim width and still have a flat floor).

Regards,
    David
    On the Octavia it was just a steel safety rim with a normal tyre but still classed as a "space saver". Buy 4 and remove the stickers and you could do whatever speed you wanted on them.

Personally, I'd buy something that matched all the other rims with the std tyre size and then you aren't restricted in any way
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Can I ask if the forum members who have already taken delivery of their Gen 2 Tiguan if you could please take a tape measure and measure the clearance between the inside spare wheel well and the bottom of the floor in both the lower floor and upper floor positions.

I am trying to work out what size proper spare and rim I can squeeze in (if possible).

Many thanks
    David

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Wait til you get the price on the wheels, 17" $1386.00. Each.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty1951 View Post
    Wait til you get the price on the wheels, 17" $1386.00. Each.
    Is that :
    The Rim price?
    The Tyre price?
    The Rim and Tyre as a set price?
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    I have picked up a set of 17" Tulsa wheels and tyres brand new for $750 off Gumtree, the owner put on 19" aftermarket wheels. I have 20" Suzuka and need the set for winter for snow chains, I have tested in the spare wheel space and it is a couple of centimetres too high for the cover.

Users Country Flag

I plan to put in a full size spare replacing the space saver. I will be using some well spaced timber blocks (with Velcro top and bottom) to stabilise the boot tray. I may also remove the foam molding to gain extra storage under the tray. It may not be ideal, but it will be most useful when I get a flat 100's of KMs from the nearest tyre repair place. Also the flat tyre will fit properly in the spare wheel well.
    (Zero sum gain.)

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast