Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Tiguan tyres thread

Users Country Flag

Unfortunately German tyre rubber on a are very soft side and is waisted fast, but has best grip and comfort when new . Same in Bicycle world, Schwalbe number one, super soft comfort gripy tyre but waisted very fast like all premium soft tyre. If you want tyre which will last over 50k-60k Try Bridgestone HP/Sport .Extremely precise real Sport hard wall tyre , bit loud if under 55 profile , maybe not best for rain,will spin on cars with only 2wd , but they will outlast 3x Conti Sports life

Users Country Flag
    No worry's better for you if it was only mistype . Otherwise if you installed that size you would be in trouble , as diameter in that size is way to large for current Tiguan setup (odometer, abs... )

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    No worry's better for you if it was only mistype . Otherwise if you installed that size you would be in trouble , as diameter in that size is way to large for current Tiguan setup (odometer, abs... )
    No worries. Lots of All Terrain options at 225/65r17 so glad it fits. From the looks of it, there might be strut tower clearance issues if trying to go any bigger.

So far I’m liking the Pirellis. I can’t notice any more noise compared to old stock tyres, and they seem to handle ok on the road too, not that I’m driving around spirited or anything. Haven’t had a chance to get out into the dirt yet though.

Users Country Flag
    Hey folks
    Looking to buy a new tyre for my tiguan-
    255/40R20 101V.
    Got quoted for Continental sports contact for $415 fitted.
    Is it reasonable?
    Looking for any recommendations?

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Pretty good price really in the current environment

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudoku View Post
    Hey folks
    Looking to buy a new tyre for my tiguan-
    255/40R20 101V.
    Got quoted for Continental sports contact for $415 fitted.
    Is it reasonable?
    Looking for any recommendations?

Thanks
    Was that quote from somewhere like Tempe Tyres? Otherwise I cant see Bob Jane or Jax Tyres being anywhere near that price (unless they price matched for you).

Buy New 2554020 [255/40R20] Tyres Online | Tempe Tyres

Only thing to perhaps check is which version of the SportContact tyre you have been quoted? If its the SportContact 6 or 5 then that's fine, but they do have older versions too, in which case, if they are trying to flog off the older versions, id rather have a different tyre with newer technology.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Bob Jane and Jax both quoted around $520.
    Tempe had it listed for $420 on their website but I couldn't get through their phone lines or get a response via email.
    I tried two stores , Clyde and Fairfield.

My car dealer VW Penrith replaced my two tyres earlier this year for $390 so I called them and asked for a quote. After some negotiation they quoted for $415.

I'm here at the dealer now waiting for the replacement. I had another tyre almost wearing out so getting 2 replaced.
    I was recommended to get the wheel alignment as well which is paid extra. Not sure if it was needed but I still went ahead with it.

Users Country Flag
    Not sure of the version. They are already replacing the tyres so it's out of my hands now.
    Is there any way to check after I get my car? Is it on the tyres?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudoku View Post
    Not sure of the version. They are already replacing the tyres so it's out of my hands now.
    Is there any way to check after I get my car? Is it on the tyres?
    $420 is a great price. If VW are doing it then they should be using the newer versions which is likely what was factory fitted to your car (it will be written on the tyres anyway).

They are very good tyres regardless and you got them for a great price so thats the most important thing.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

I have been surprised by the pricing at dealerships on OEM standard tyres lately. I have known a few people who received a very reasonable price to replace their tyres that way. This has been 2 x VW, 1 x Audi and 1 x Mercedes Benz. Each time the tyres were under a year old (build date) and were available almost right away.
    The "professional" tyre shops, even with discounting, could not match the dealership price.

If you want to replace your tyres with the same as fitted from factory, than look at what the dealer charges.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast