Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Tiguan tyres thread

Blog Entries

Is there a tyre that performs well off-road but handles close to the standard continentals onroad?

For a highline - standard rims
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    anyone in Melbourne want a free 20" Pirelli Scorpion Verde (as comes on the Suzuka's).
    Has about 15000km on it and plenty of tread. Had a flat tyre last year and had to replace it, so replaced both fronts, and have this one spare.
    My Tiguan is going next week, so this tyre is just taking up space.

pickup only in North Balwyn.

Users Country Flag
    Would take it off your hands as a back up but I think mine continentals. Not sure if I can mix brands of tyres on the Tig if that causes any issues ?

Users Country Flag
    Hi all just thought i would mention I picked up a set of Continentals sport contact 6 @ $370 a corner along with some Simmons rims. Kept to the same size 255/40/20 as I was thinking of going 22" however Sydney roads are not kind to rims. Managed to get 32K out of original Conti 5 which i'm happy with knowing that they don't last long.

Gen 2 Tiguan tyres thread-20210601_163523-jpgGen 2 Tiguan tyres thread-20210601_163537-jpg

Users Country Flag
    I need to replace 2x stock Contisport Contiseals ($490-500 range) on the back, very worn. Front ones still have a while to go. Would you say I need to go with the same tyres again or can I go for some cheaper P Zeros / Scorpion Verde ($300-350 range) or a mid range Continental? I read on this forum if they are different front-back the ABS/TC might go a bit crazy plus makes rotating hard. How sensitive will that be given same size tyre, speed rating etc? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alin13 View Post
    I need to replace 2x stock Contisport Contiseals ($490-500 range) on the back, very worn. Front ones still have a while to go. Would you say I need to go with the same tyres again or can I go for some cheaper P Zeros / Scorpion Verde ($300-350 range) or a mid range Continental? I read on this forum if they are different front-back the ABS/TC might go a bit crazy plus makes rotating hard. How sensitive will that be given same size tyre, speed rating etc? Thanks
    You should be OK just putting 2 new tyres on. But recommend rotating them regularly so that they wear evenly front/back.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    You should be OK just putting 2 new tyres on. But recommend rotating them regularly so that they wear evenly front/back.
    Thanks - for the benefit of the group, I just got quoted the following prices by a Shop in Sydney (which I found to be very good compared to what I found online at least):

Continental Contisport Contact 5 AO - $389/each
    Pirelli PZero AO - $364/each
    Pirelli Scorpion Verde - $308/each (and this is what I went for...)

I was buying 2x so did not test any 4x discounts.

Don't want to promote the shop but if people are interested send me a PM.

Thanks - for the benefit of the group, I just got quoted the following prices by a Shop in Sydney (which I found to be very good compared to what I found online at least):

Continental Contisport Contact 5 AO - $389/each
    Pirelli PZero AO - $364/each
    Pirelli Scorpion Verde - $308/each (and this is what I went for...)

I was buying 2x so did not test any 4x discounts.

Don't want to promote the shop but if people are interested send me a PM.
    Best off just posting the shop name if they're doing good deals. Also something to be aware of is that some of the discount stores (Tempe, St George, etc) have "old stock" tyres that they run out at super low prices. Not that I think that's the case here but just something to keep in mind if the deal seems too good to be true you may be purchasing tyres that have sat in a warehouse for 5 years (tyres do have a date code marked on the sidewall).

Users Country Flag
    Good tip thanks.

The shop is Tyre & Wheel West Ryde Tyre Repairs & Replacement | Discount Tyres | Ryde, NSW

I told the guy I would like to know make date when he receives the stock, he said he generally refuses stock if too old but he can’t guarantee (said generally 1-3yo tyres). I said I’d like to know if older than 2yo before purchase, he did take a $30 deposit. Will revert once I know what date they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good tip thanks.

The shop is Tyre & Wheel West Ryde Tyre Repairs & Replacement | Discount Tyres | Ryde, NSW

I told the guy I would like to know make date when he receives the stock, he said he generally refuses stock if too old but he can’t guarantee (said generally 1-3yo tyres). I said I’d like to know if older than 2yo before purchase, he did take a $30 deposit. Will revert once I know what date they are.
    It depends on how much you drive your car but most tyre manufacturers recommend replacing tyres at 10 years regardless of the amount of tread left. So it would generally only be an issue buying older tyres if you don't drive much as they will degrade faster than they will wear out (and reduce the amount of grip/traction).

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast