Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Tiguan tyres thread

Quote Originally Posted by drivesafe View Post
    Hi folks, what sort of mileage do people expect to get out of their original tyres.
    I have just clocked up 48,000kms and checked the ware and was quite surprised at how much tread remained.
    I’m guessing I will get at least another 20,000kms before looking at replacing them.
    Is this normal use mileage?
    That is phenomenal haha. My original Continental 5s lasted 20,000km. Currently on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and will be interested to see if they last longer than the Contis. From my reading they should.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Tyre wear varies with the driving conditions, flat straight roads = low tyre wear, big wheels & low profile makes a big difference as well. Mine is out to 43,000 and the fat lady is still singing with possibly 5,000 to go on the original Contis on the small wheels. It gets Michelins next time round.

My allspace came with Kuhmos. So far done about 10-12k on them. Wearing quite evenly- front to back. As with almost all tyres the outer shoulder has less tread than the rest of the tyre- the weak link in tyre wear. I wish tyres would come with more depth here. Perhaps it can’t be done, for safety/longevity reasons. Perhaps it would decrease sales?

Users Country Flag
    Hi folks, what sort of mileage do people expect to get out of their original tyres.

I have just clocked up 48,000kms and checked the ware and was quite surprised at how much tread remained.

I’m guessing I will get at least another 20,000kms before looking at replacing them.

Is this normal use mileage?
    You must really 'drivesafe' to get that much out of them.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    I have done 55k kms on my original Scorpion Verdes. I was tempted to get the same ones but am going to go for the ContiSport 5. I only need to replace the front tyres for now, should get another 10k kms out of the rears. Managed to find some for $390 each (fitted).

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Did you notice that the new Tiguan R uses Hankook S1 evos?
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    I have now clocked up 60,000kms and while it is recommended to replace tyres if the rubber warn down near Tyre Ware Indicator, but there is still nearly the same amount of rubber above the my Tyre Ware Indicators.

How close do others allow their tyres to ware down to the Tyre Ware Indicators before they change their tyres?

Users Country Flag
    I have now clocked up 60,000kms and while it is recommended to replace tyres if the rubber warn down near Tyre Ware Indicator, but there is still nearly the same amount of rubber above the my Tyre Ware Indicators.

How close do others allow their tyres to ware down to the Tyre Ware Indicators before they change their tyres?
    When they wear down to the wear indicators they should be changed as that is the minimum across 3/4 of the tyre.

One should beware of running them too low as they lose grip the more worn they get.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hi Hillbilly and thanks.

I was intending to replace them before they get down to the Tyre Ware Indicator, it is just that I came across from more than 20 years of 4x4 use and serious off roading, where I replaced those tyres way before they got down anywhere near that level of ware.

Just wondering how low is acceptable with on road use?

Users Country Flag

Hi Hillbilly and thanks.

I was intending to replace them before they get down to the Tyre Ware Indicator, it is just that I came across from more than 20 years of 4x4 use and serious off roading, where I replaced those tyres way before they got down anywhere near that level of ware.

Just wondering how low is acceptable with on road use?
    As i said above less tread less traction. SAme thing applies to all vehicles used on the road and please tyres and other things WEAR shopkeepers have WARES to sell
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast