Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Tiguan tyres thread

Users Country Flag

Yeah Pirelli don't keep much surplus of them, and it's not a common size so most tyre places don't have them in stock.
    I've had to replace two already for various reasons and the first time I had to wait a couple of days, the 2nd time I managed to find a place that was able to get one in on a Saturday with only 4 hours notice before closing time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Recently put Goodyear F1 Parabolics on, the Cross Contact 20” that came standard were good but after a heap of reviews I got a full set of F1 Parabolics for $1300 balanced and fitted. I concur with above comments regarding the tire, very quiet and responsive in the tight stuff. I’ve put 1000klms on them, very happy.

Thought I would revive this thread rather than make a new. Who is rotating their tyres, is it worth it economically?

I had a read of this article and it suggests a 10% saving using some fairly rough calculations and assumptions in the long run. I’ve always rotated, but now driving the R-Line with 255/40/R20’s I’m starting to wonder if I would prefer to replace 2 instead of 4 given the higher per tyre cost.

Currently fitted with Pirelli Scorpions, I’m reading 40K-45K might be possible, maybe double that on the rear – possibly..

Read another comment on this forum that rotating introduces another risk of damage to the rims, handling etc. Seems if the economic difference is so small, why bother.

What’s everyone else doing?

I’m at 11K currently, first owner didn’t do any rotates so now’s a good time to decide the path.

Cheers guys.
    MY19 Tiguan 162TSI Highline Allspace | DAP, R-Line, S&V, Sunroof, White

I’ve got the Pirelli Scorpion Verde and currently at 35,000km with still a reasonable amount of tread left. I imagine I should get 45,000 from the set which is pretty reasonable.

My preference is to replace all at the same time so I do rotate them. I’ve got pretty even wear all around as well as across the tyre face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Had a puncture on my left front, screw through the side wall, replaced both front tyres as they were due, traction control light was coming on all the time...

Replaced with ContiSportCompact 5 101Y AO's. RRP $440 each, got them for $375 each.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    traction control light was coming on all the time...
    Big power life, time to fit a helical front LSD?

Wavetrac ATB LSD for Audi DQ500 - TTRS RS3 DSG Quattro FRONT
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Rotating is worth it. The fronts will wear their outer edges well before the rest of the tyre, mailing them illegal.

Users Country Flag
    I rotated mine straight after first service.
    I have always done this with all my cars.
    It was a PITA as it's the first time I have a VW so not used to the wheel studs being bolts and not just the nuts like all my previous cars.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    I rotated mine straight after first service.
    I have always done this with all my cars.
    It was a PITA as it's the first time I have a VW so not used to the wheel studs being bolts and not just the nuts like all my previous cars.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I’ve got the Pirelli Scorpion Verde and currently at 35,000km with still a reasonable amount of tread left. I imagine I should get 45,000 from the set which is pretty reasonable.
    Hi folks, what sort of mileage do people expect to get out of their original tyres.

I have just clocked up 48,000kms and checked the ware and was quite surprised at how much tread remained.

I’m guessing I will get at least another 20,000kms before looking at replacing them.

Is this normal use mileage?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast