Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearbox in emergency mode Tiguan 2017

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Just a quick off-topic tip - if you don't like the auto stop-start function, you MAY be able to disable it with VCDS/OBDEleven. I did this on my Arteon and now I no longer have to remember to turn the *** thing off every time I drive the car.

FWIW - I did a diff between the pre/post backup and it seems the ODBEleven app simply sets the min/max ambient temperature for auto start/stop at 50C ... so unless it happens to be exactly 50C outside, it remains disabled (and shows up in dash with the little disabled icon).
    For Tiguans before 2020 you use the voltage method to turn off S/S Is the simplest and easiest thing to do. Takes about 30 secs to code it out. On later models neither method works in either VW or Skoda
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Oh, I meant the START button (that also works as a STOP button) - nothing to so with the start/stop system.

Recently I've been getting out of the car only to have it beep at me because I didn't turn it off - and yet, hitting that damned button is a reflex so I know I did it
    Starting the car became problematic too - it's not that the engine didn't start, it just didn't register that I had pushed the button
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    (start/stop button doesn't always work the first or even 4th time),
    The start/stop buttons do start to fail after a few years. The button itself is about $190. You can install it yourself easily enough, otherwise expect to pay another $150 or thereabouts in labour if you are getting the dealership/mechanic to replace it.

5G2959839A3Q7 - Genuine VW Engine Ignition Start Stop Button Switch Aluminium (RHD) Fits MK7 & MK7.5 Golf GTI & R

I have recently had to replace this button in both my Mk7 Golf GTI and a family members Skoda Yeti because the button was no longer responding to being pushed.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Had the same issue!

My 2018 Tiguan ( my 2019) had the same problem! So the issue isn’t confined to the earlier DSG gearbox! Vw covered the whole cost plus hire car under warranty! No questions asked!

Users Country Flag
    Hi csplayer,

I'm in the same boat as you...Tiguan 132tsi out of warranty and taken the car in for diagnosis which will cost $132. Which dealership did you get your car fixed at? Did you have to pay for the diagnosis in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The start/stop buttons do start to fail after a few years. The button itself is about $190. You can install it yourself easily enough, otherwise expect to pay another $150 or thereabouts in labour if you are getting the dealership/mechanic to replace it.

5G2959839A3Q7 - Genuine VW Engine Ignition Start Stop Button Switch Aluminium (RHD) Fits MK7 & MK7.5 Golf GTI & R

I have recently had to replace this button in both my Mk7 Golf GTI and a family members Skoda Yeti because the button was no longer responding to being pushed.
    I pulled mine apart and cleaned the internal contacts and it has been trouble free since. IIRC there is a YT video on it.

Users Country Flag
    6 weeks on and I'm still driving a crappy Kia Cerato

Losing the love

Users Country Flag
    Still no TCU after 8 weeks!

And no-one at VW Australia can tell me if it has been built or shipped

They are Germans FFS!
    Last edited by The J Man; 14-07-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    Still no TCU after 8 weeks!

And no-one at VW Australia can tell me if it has been built or shipped

They are Germans FFS!
    I've had better luck with price and availability importing parts directly from Europe.. Do you know the part number?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    I've had better luck with price and availability importing parts directly from Europe.. Do you know the part number?
    Well apparently for a short run of Tiguans, the VIN is programmed into the TCU when it is built
    SO an off the shelf TCU can't just be "flashed" with my VIN

supposedly

Otherwise I guess they'd have grabbed a TCU out of the warehouse and flashed it by now

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast