Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearbox in emergency mode Tiguan 2017

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    Yep, seems strange, one would think a generic TCU programmed at time of fitment to the specific vehicle would be more logical.

Hmmm... sounds like there may be an opportunity for a DSG tune at the same time?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Well as a complete turnaround (to my mood)
    I can't express in words how impressive VW are right now
    Last edited by The J Man; 19-05-2022 at 05:25 PM.
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    So I'm driving a Kia Cerato from Hurts so bad rentals while waiting for the TCU to be hand crafted in Germania

This is worse than not having a car

Users Country Flag
    Part wasn’t in yesterday PM when I called
    Got a message to say cars all fixed 4pm today.. yew beauty
    100% covered by VW
    Long wait, great outcome.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    So I'm driving a Kia Cerato from Hurts so bad rentals while waiting for the TCU to be hand crafted in Germania

This is worse than not having a car
    Yeah, I had something similar a few years ago - reminded me how spoilt I was with the VW (even an "old" 2008 model).

Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    Part wasn’t in yesterday PM when I called
    Got a message to say cars all fixed 4pm today.. yew beauty
    100% covered by VW
    Long wait, great outcome.
    Good to hear It's taken a while, but a good outcome.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Users Country Flag
    Also don’t forget to leave both keys with them
    we only left one cos we weren’t told otherwise
    apparently a new mecha needs your keys to recoded
    so they only coded one and we had one that didn’t work
    so got that fixed this morning now all good

Users Country Flag
    Also don’t forget to leave both keys with them
    we only left one cos we weren’t told otherwise
    apparently a new mecha needs your keys to recoded
    so they only coded one and we had one that didn’t work
    so got that fixed this morning now all good
    Thanks for the heads up
    Trying to call the dealer now to arrange it but the all keeps dropping out

Users Country Flag
    Actually they told me a lie the other day. Have just called back after putting in the goodwill claim. VW only covering parts and I have to pay the labour, they said they have looked after me and is only $460 on labour (not sure if good or bad but doesn’t seem excessive)

Users Country Flag
    Actually they told me a lie the other day. Have just called back after putting in the goodwill claim. VW only covering parts and I have to pay the labour, they said they have looked after me and is only $460 on labour (not sure if good or bad but doesn’t seem excessive)
    Yeah looks like I'll be paying for labour too - though the 'guesstimate' I was given was below $400
    I'm having some other things taken care of that my previous dealer buggered up (steering wheel not straight after they "fixed" wheel alignment - AND they had another go at fixing it) and a new issue that has been annoying me that I was going to wait for the next service (start/stop button doesn't always work the first or even 4th time), so I guess the overall labour charges are going to be a little masked by the other activities.

Regarding the keys - I was told there's a "keys not present" option when they fiddle with the mechatronix/TCU so I shouldn't have a problem with the keys, but I was told "bring the other set just in case and we can take care of it if needs be". No biggie

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    and a new issue that has been annoying me that I was going to wait for the next service (start/stop button doesn't always work the first or even 4th time)
    Just a quick off-topic tip - if you don't like the auto stop-start function, you MAY be able to disable it with VCDS/OBDEleven. I did this on my Arteon and now I no longer have to remember to turn the *** thing off every time I drive the car.

FWIW - I did a diff between the pre/post backup and it seems the ODBEleven app simply sets the min/max ambient temperature for auto start/stop at 50C ... so unless it happens to be exactly 50C outside, it remains disabled (and shows up in dash with the little disabled icon).
    Last edited by nermal; 07-06-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast