Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearbox in emergency mode Tiguan 2017

Users Country Flag

Right - well it seems that many weeks of being off the road because of a design flaw was happening before Feb 2020 so VW have been messing this up for over 2 years and can't blame resurgence of Covid in China or worldwide supply chain interruptions for their 2+ years of ongoing incompetence

Damn I should have kept an eye on this forum for signs of trouble.
    I really believed they got their DSG sorted.
    Should have offloaded this pile of german garbage while it was still worth a dollar
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    Well that explains why it can take weeks/months to get a replacement.

But why aren't there any spares in the country?
    Here's an actual scenario I'm facing right now. One area of business I'm currently involved in is supply of diesel engines for industrial applications sourced direct from one of the largest Japanese manufactureers. I placed an order in March for a number of engines, production is scheduled for May which is normal, I had planned to and should receive these in July if there are no shipping delays. No problem there, the reorder process takes this lead time into account.
    I placed a further order in April, based on past history and the manufacturer's previously advised production schedule, production was scheduled for June so I planned to receive these engines in August. I've just been advised that due to parts shortages in Japan, production will not take place until August so the earliest I will receive them is October, two months later than anticipated.
    The nett result is that I will run out of stock some time between August and October and there is not a damned thing I can do about it.
    This is just one scenario but we're confronted with such scenarios all day, every day for some time now, we've upped our ordering to the point the warehouse is bursting at the seams but there are still items where we run out of stock as there is no consistency in supply. Not to be forgotten is the considerable impact on operating capital, we've put milions of dollars of extra stock on the shelf and/or on order in an attempt to keep our customers happy but there is only so much cash available.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    Well perhaps if VW Aus stocked up on DSG parts when they started to fail ....

Users Country Flag
    I had the same problem on my MY2019 (late 2018 162 Rline.) VW covered the replacement under warranty and provided me with a hire vehicle for the 5 weeks it took for the replacement part to come from Germany! The gearbox has been working fine since! Thank goodness!

I am also on the end of a supply chain and we have given up trying to import the product so Australia no longer can buy the product from anyone and no it won't benefit anyone to explain who is involved. I can tell you now I have indirect experience with a major Japanese OEM and selling a VW to buy one of their cars will not get you spare parts for a lot of their products any faster than it will for a VW. The supply chains for everything imported are not just broken they are smashed and I think it is about time that people who demand things realise that their demands can't be met no matter what the product. Australia blew it when a certain PM stood up and said we don't need to be a manufacturing country we need to be a smart country. That went well, no car manufacturing, no trades people being trained etc.

Users Country Flag
    Well that was certainly a much better experience
    Been going to the same dealer for service since I bought the car because they've always treated me well.
    ON PHONECALL where they first mention I'm out of warranty (before anything else) and seemed totally disinterested in my situation ruined 5 years of good will.
    My local VW dealer couldn't have been more professional, reassuring or downright nice.
    I may yet stay in the fold

Users Country Flag
    Oh - and apparently for the Tiguan, the part that has most likely failed (or is failing - all good this morning) is made VIN specific!

Oh - and apparently for the Tiguan, the part that has most likely failed (or is failing - all good this morning) is made VIN specific!
    Which would explain why it is not in stock.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    Which would explain why it is not in stock.
    yup - crazy system though

TCUs for other models are "blank" - they just update them when they replace them
    Perhaps there's a black market for Tiguan gearboxes

yup - crazy system though

TCUs for other models are "blank" - they just update them when they replace them
    Perhaps there's a black market for Tiguan gearboxes
    Yep, seems strange, one would think a generic TCU programmed at time of fitment to the specific vehicle would be more logical.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast