Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full undertray for Tiguan Mk2

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    It comes with screws, washers and 3 bolts for the crossmember Took about 5 mins to fit it once we got the hoist up

I took it off to put the extra holes in it as shown and did it on a pair of ramps Didnt take much longer to replace it

However I used longer bolts in the crossmember and packed it with spacers (2 nuts) on each bolt to allow the air to flow through a bit better

Has about a 15 mm gap across the back of it. Has a little clip to locate it at front centre as does the original but we didnt bother

Let me know if you get the one shown with 4 slots at the front or just two like mine
    Will do, I'm hoping for the one shown as advertised.
    Not only do they give a bit of protection they also keep the lower part of the engine compartment clean.
    MY18 Tiguan R Line Black-162 Highline TSI
    Drivers Assistance Package - Sunroof - Tow Bar
    Ordered July 17 Arrived December 17 Delivery Jan 18

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    No ones arguing with you are they You are happy with the little one we arent and I have the dreaded 20's as well

It mightn't be irrelevant if something flies up and goes through your plastic sump, but as long as you are happy ............
    Thanks. Do you regularly travel on dirt roads and tracks in a vehicle with 20" wheels, it seems like a contradiction to me, sump guard and 20's.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Thanks. Do you regularly travel on dirt roads and tracks in a vehicle with 20" wheels, it seems like a contradiction to me, sump guard and 20's.
    No I dont and what has that got to do with our decision to enhance the protection under our cars which have similar protection right through under them except where it should be

What seems like a contradiction to you seems more like common sense to us

Do you think there is nothing on the road that could be flicked up under a car. Lots of roadworks in our area for next two years.

Any way Im doing because I can and dont really care if others approve or not

Also its a very rigid thick plastic type material UNDERTRAY and not an actual military grade titanium super dooper unbreakable SUMP GUARD/cum Bash plate
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 25-12-2019 at 07:24 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123