Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Efficiency

Fuel Efficiency

Hi Guys,

Wondering what fuel efficiency you get in the tiggy?

i remember reading reviews before i bought the car it was 9.x/100km (could be wrong or might have been the diesel) but realisticly it's 11.x/100km for me. It's 9.x when i have done long highway driving with economy mode on.

i'm not complaining, i know it's a SUV. But would like to know what you guys get.

I have the 132tsi.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by numnut View Post
    Hi Guys,

Wondering what fuel efficiency you get in the tiggy?

i remember reading reviews before i bought the car it was 9.x/100km (could be wrong or might have been the diesel) but realisticly it's 11.x/100km for me. It's 9.x when i have done long highway driving with economy mode on.

i'm not complaining, i know it's a SUV. But would like to know what you guys get.

I have the 132tsi.

Thanks!
    Yeah. We do loads of short trips. It's about the same as you

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded - NSW

Users Country Flag
    I have a 162TSI. I average around 11-12l/100km for my daily commute (lots of stop-start traffic). My right foot is pretty heavy though.

When I drove from Sydney to the hunter valley, it dropped to about 8l/100km, and that wasn't in eco.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

After 3000Km averaging 9.6l, however have been doing a bit on the freeway and the 1st 1500km I took it very easy, expecting the economy to get worse though as my daily highway drive has finished so a lot more stop/start to/from work each day from now on. Will see I guess.
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    I took a 162TSI for a test drive last week for over an hour. I was giving it a fair bit of curry for the duration, mainly around town. The figure was 11.4 l/100km which I was pretty impressed with. I think I will get the 162 but it will all depend on how long I have to wait for it.

Just got 6.5/100 on a trip to Melb Airport. Mix of urban and freeway in reasonably heavy traffic. Long term figure is currently 8.6/100 which is bit high for me (although wife / daughter have been driving .. who are both heavy on the foot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I have just done my first monitored refuel of the 140TDI Tig. Total kms - 536, 34.9 litres = 6.5 litres / 100kms.

This involved 300km driving from Canberra to Sydney plus 236 driving around Canberra.

I monitored the trip to/from Sydney uing the AID. For both trips I had ECO set plus I used the ACC set at 110. For the trip to Sydney I achieved 5.6 l/km and from Sydney to Canberra I achieved 6.1 l/km.

This small difference is actually important. The trip to Sydney is downhill. This means there is many more opportunities to use the 'coasting' feature of ECO. I believe the coasting is probably the most significant contributor to ECO fuel consumption. When driving in Canberra it is surprising how many times the car will coast and when it does you can see the average consumption go down.

I think the coasting is more significant than changing up the gears early, and more significant than the start-stop. It would be interesting to hear others experience and comments.

Using 5.6 l/km for the trip to Sydney we can work out that for the 236 km in Canberra there was an average consumption of 7.6, which is probably about right when compared to the average consumptions being displayed on the AID.

Overall I am very happy with the fuel consumption so far.
    MY17 Tiguan 140TDI + DAP; Ruby Red; Notification of Birth 19 May'17; Emigration on Morning Celesta began 2 June'17; Entry into Australia 17 Jul'17; Citizenship obtained 8 Sep'17;

Users Country Flag
    I always use more fuel, no matter what car I am driving, on the Sydney to Wakefield Park trip than I do on the return trip. Definitely more downhill on the way back.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    I always use more fuel, no matter what car I am driving, on the Sydney to Wakefield Park trip than I do on the return trip. Definitely more downhill on the way back.

Cheers
    Gary
    It is that small hill from Picton Road to Mittagong that is the killer on that trip! We used to race at WP and my 304 Statesman got about 19L/100 going down and about 11 coming back. The TDI Skoda blew the V8's doors off towing the same trailer and used about 8L/100 going down! MY 162 gets around 8.5 just running around but there is very little traffic and mostly open highway.

Users Country Flag

In The Netherlands we don't have any hills and our 2.0 TDI DSG is only running at 150bhp .
    Doing 6.5l/100km on average now. (drove 1800km in totall)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast