Thread: Fixing small chip on the leading edge of my driver's door - recommendations? Thanks!

Fixing small chip on the leading edge of my driver's door - recommendations? Thanks!

Hey guys

I’ve just had my brand new Tiguan in with a VW dealer in Sydney to have a few small things checked out, and they managed to put a small scrape / chip in the leading edge of my driver’s door.

Obviously I was pretty unimpressed, but I’m now looking at how to fix the chip. I’ll be asking the VW dealer to pay.

I don’t want to simply brush-touch the chip, as that doesn’t usually look great. On the other hand, re-spraying the door is overkill.

Can anyone recommend someone in Sydney who can do a seamless repair job - perhaps with spray and buffing? - and who will do a really great job? I’m hoping someone will be able to work magic and make the door look exactly as it did when the car was new (just a few months ago!).

Thanks guys, appreciate your help.

Cheers!
    Mike

Users Country Flag
    Photo would help get answers
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hey Hillbilly, yep - you’re right. Here are a few images.

Users Country Flag
    Touch it up and move on with life. That is not worth losing sleep over.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

A simple brush touch up paint will work on that with a follow up of wet sanding.
    If you are expecting a complete repaint or large scale job to complete that then you will be very disappointed.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    An artists fine brush and apply across it from inside out leave it for about 10 days to harden and use a fine cutter very gently on it.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    An artists fine brush and apply across it from inside out leave it for about 10 days to harden and use a fine cutter very gently on it.
    Hey, thanks for the advice! Sounds like a good way to go. Cheers! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    A simple brush touch up paint will work on that with a follow up of wet sanding.
    If you are expecting a complete repaint or large scale job to complete that then you will be very disappointed.
    Thanks for your thoughts on the best approach. Definitely overkill to repaint the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Touch it up and move on with life. That is not worth losing sleep over.
    For sure!
    Still keen to get it sorted out the best way possible so it’s not staring up at me every time I open the door!