Thread: Feature Wishlist

Users Country Flag

Feature Wishlist

What features would you like to see come to the AU Tiggy?

Here are some of my suggestions:
    Wireless charging - available overseas
    Wireless CarPlay - implemented by Apple, demonstrated by VW but not on any known vehicle to my knowledge
    CarPlay navigation in instrument cluster - implemented by Apple, not supported by VW
    Proper TPMS - actually measuring the pressure, not guessing at changes in relative tyre rotation speed
    Bigger glovebox
    Free, user installable firmware updates
    Carnet wireless services
    Garage door opener buttons on rear view mirror - common in USA
    More customisation and additional template instrument cluster layouts in AID. Perhaps downloadable ‘skins’. Do we really need round dials anymore? Personal choice
    240v AC outlet
    Factory tow bar with electronic release and all the reversing/towing assistance tech that comes with - to hell with ADR, it’s good enough for autobahn driving in Europe
    Extra light in the boot... even upgrading the single globe is not enough...I need at least one on each side
    Acoustic windows - Kodiaq has it in AU
    Custom factory order instead of ‘option packs’ - we all had to wait for a factory order... why not make it worth the wait and allow us to specify every detail. ADR again, I guess
    School zones and times in navigation

I’m ranting now.

I’m interested in what’s on your wish list... maybe someone in VW will read and action
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

My absolute No 1 item from above would be:

CarPlay navigation in instrument cluster - implemented by Apple, not supported by VW

Users Country Flag
    On a side note the wireless charging has been suspended in the UK, looks like it’s to do with the amplifier that boosts the signal, and the fix I understand is to unplug it ������

plus TPMS is available and also the AC outlet on the arteon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    What features would you like to see come to the AU Tiggy?

Here are some of my suggestions:
    Wireless charging - available overseas
    Wireless CarPlay - implemented by Apple, demonstrated by VW but not on any known vehicle to my knowledge
    Proper TPMS - actually measuring the pressure, not guessing at changes in relative tyre rotation speed
    Bigger glovebox
    Free, user installable firmware updates
    Carnet wireless services
    Garage door opener buttons on rear view mirror - common in USA
    More customisation and additional template instrument cluster layouts in AID. Perhaps downloadable ‘skins’. Do we really need round dials anymore? Personal choice
    240v AC outlet
    Factory tow bar with electronic release and all the reversing/towing assistance tech that comes with - to hell with ADR, it’s good enough for autobahn driving in Europe
    Extra light in the boot... even upgrading the single globe is not enough...I need at least one on each side
    Acoustic windows - Kodiaq has it in AU
    Custom factory order instead of ‘option packs’ - we all had to wait for a factory order... why not make it worth the wait and allow us to specify every detail. ADR again, I guess
    School zones and times in navigation

I’m ranting now.

I’m interested in what’s on your wish list... maybe someone in VW will read and action
    Espresso Machine...no wait...
    The idea of Apple Play in instrument panel would give a more accurate Traffic Program alternative that would be available in Australia & NZ. Can’t understand the reason for adding the TP option here when it’s not supported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MY07 Golf V 2.0 TDI DSG
    MY03 Smart Fortwo Cabriolet

Users Country Flag
    Having some custom buttons available that you can program would be great.
    Programmable options could include:
    * Turn on/off tracking control (new version lost the button)
    * Turn on/off lane keeping assist

Digital cameras implement customisable buttons and they work great.
    Cars now have so much tech now that it wouldn't be out of place to allow drivers quicker access to their most used menu features through customisable button/s.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by claudio View Post
    Having some custom buttons available that you can program would be great.
    Programmable options could include:
    * Turn on/off tracking control (new version lost the button)
    * Turn on/off lane keeping assist

Digital cameras implement customisable buttons and they work great.
    Cars now have so much tech now that it wouldn't be out of place to allow drivers quicker access to their most used menu features through customisable button/s.
    Great idea! I wonder if CAN signals can be reverse engineered and injected from a button.