I had weird experience.
    2018 Highline 26000km
    I got warning message
    Emergency transmission mode, You can continue driving
    then car used 2nd, 4th, 6th gears only with high RPM
    After 4hrs I restarted it and I drove normal but there was engine light on
    Next day, warning disappeared
    Does anyone have same experience?

Take it into your local independent for a scan.

Users Country Flag
    Given that a 2018 car would still be under warranty, why would you not just take it to a dealer?

Users Country Flag
    Yeah that's odd. I would assume the gearset/clutch pack that houses gears 1,3,5,7 has an issue and that's why it disabled those gears. If you do not understand the DSG transmission, it has 2x gearsets inside the transmission - one controls gears 1,3,5,7 and the other controls gears 2,4,6.

Good thing is that your near new car is still under warranty - so make sure you get VW to have a good look over it, and if nothing else, have that issue recorded against your cars records incase it comes back again outside of warranty.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    There are 2 mechatronic units one changes the odd numbered gears 1,3,5 and 7 and the other changes the even R, 2, 4 and 6. When one of the mechatronic units it can still use the other one, just not shifting to gears controlled by the other unit. This also triggers "limp home" mode in the engine management, if you turn off the engine completely (not just hit the Engine Start button) then it will reset the "limp home" mode for a short time so its easier to drive.

Strongly suggest you take it to a dealer and they can run diagnostics which will confirm the issue. From what you have posted it looks like the odd number gears mechatronic unit is on the way out or it could just be something simple like a loose electronic plug on it.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    There are 2 mechatronic units one changes the odd numbered gears 1,3,5 and 7 and the other changes the even R, 2, 4 and 6. When one of the mechatronic units it can still use the other one, just not shifting to gears controlled by the other unit. This also triggers "limp home" mode in the engine management, if you turn off the engine completely (not just hit the Engine Start button) then it will reset the "limp home" mode for a short time so its easier to drive.

Strongly suggest you take it to a dealer and they can run diagnostics which will confirm the issue. From what you have posted it looks like the odd number gears mechatronic unit is on the way out or it could just be something simple like a loose electronic plug on it.

Cheers
    Gary
    There is only ONE mechatronic unit and two clutches

Get correct info here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CIm...ew?usp=sharing
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    So I've just had the same thing happen. I was 200kms away from home too, so driving back involved stopping a fair few times and restarting to clear the transmission errors.

I've booked it in with Volkswagen. Unfortunately mine is now out of warranty so I think I'm going to be hit with a massive repair bill. Not looking forward to that at all.

This is my third VW with a DSG so I guess it was a matter of time before I had a DSG issue.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

I think you’ll be covered- assuming it’s the 2017 in your signature AND it isn’t modified.

No gearbox servicing happens in the first 3 scheduled services- so not even a ‘bit maintained’ angle could get VW off the hook. Because they feel it has 4yrs/60000kms minimum life in it- you should have a positive outcome.

Users Country Flag
    Well, I had an APR stage 1 ECU tune (not DSG) done a few months back. I'm getting that reverted to stock tomorrow before it goes to the dealer. I know that it's possible that they can check the flash count so I could be in a spot of bother. I've never done a tune before because I've been paranoid about this type of thing happening but decided to do it this time because i found the car really lethargic in certain scenarios.

I'll see what happens..

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Morally/contractually you shouldn’t be covered (the price you pay for playing) but if they don’t check- good win for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast