Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency transmission mode

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Morally/contractually you shouldn’t be covered (the price you pay for playing) but if they don’t check- good win for you.
    I don't have any moral issues with it because I seriously doubt that the tune would have contributed to the issue and I really don't drive the car hard at all. But yes, I did take the gamble in tinkering and if it means I have to shell out for it, then I'll take it on the chin.

Funnily enough, I was getting very close to purchasing a Golf GTI to replace my wife's car, but if this is going to set me back $5-10k then that goes out the window.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Hopefully you end up with the GTi
    win:win
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Just had the same problem with our '17 140TDI, only it was the other gearset. So no reverse gear. Car has done 72,000km. We were also 300km from home so that was a fun trip back.
    Dealer has pinpointed the mechatronics unit to blame, waiting to see if VW will cover it as its 3 months out of warranty.
    They noted that we own another VW and said that might help our case, fingers crossed.
    2017 VW Tiguan 140TDI Highline
    2012 VW Touareg V6 TDI
    1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SE

You’ll 100% be ok- if you’ve kept the car serviced.
    The dealer already knows this too- just wants to get some brownie points by “putting the pressure on VW Aus”

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Just had the same problem with our '17 140TDI, only it was the other gearset. So no reverse gear. Car has done 72,000km. We were also 300km from home so that was a fun trip back.
    Dealer has pinpointed the mechatronics unit to blame, waiting to see if VW will cover it as its 3 months out of warranty.
    They noted that we own another VW and said that might help our case, fingers crossed.
    I'm waiting on the claim response from VW as well. The DQ500 is meant to quite good and to date has apparently not had many issues, but I've seen several reports in various online forums and facebook groups about people suffering the same problem and requiring mechatronic unit replacements or repairs, literally all in the last 2 months or so, on 2017 model Tiguans.

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I'm waiting on the claim response from VW as well. The DQ500 is meant to quite good and to date has apparently not had many issues, but I've seen several reports in various online forums and facebook groups about people suffering the same problem and requiring mechatronic unit replacements or repairs, literally all in the last 2 months or so, on 2017 model Tiguans.
    Have you heard back from your dealer Gladbach?

We just got a call from the dealer, VW have predictably agreed to cover all costs involved to replace mechatronics unit. But the part is on back order and will take up to two weeks to arrive! Gives reason to the thought that this could be an escalating problem if the parts supply has dried up...

Luckily I'm a long time VW owner and always keep a backup car Emergency transmission mode

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lindsay; 23-10-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    2012 VW Touareg V6 TDI
    1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SE

Users Country Flag
    Not yet, it's been a week, the dealer said it could take up to 2 weeks to hear back from VW. How long did it take them to get back to you? Happy for you that they've agreed to cover the 100% of the repair costs. Also makes me more hopeful.

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Not yet, it's been a week, the dealer said it could take up to 2 weeks to hear back from VW. How long did it take them to get back to you? Happy for you that they've agreed to cover the 100% of the repair costs. Also makes me more hopeful.
    Yeah it was one week. Hopefully you hear back soon!

2012 VW Touareg V6 TDI
    1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SE

Users Country Flag

So we're STILL waiting for an eta on the new mechatronics unit.. Dealer thinks it might be another month, which to me realistically means after Christmas Emergency transmission mode
    Our dealer is pressuring VW to provide us with a replacement car.
    I wouldn't say no as my S Class is costing me $150 a week in petrol!

2012 VW Touareg V6 TDI
    1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12