Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRL Engine running only.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tiguanfahrer View Post
    Thank you all for your constructive input. I have resolved this as per " azza 83 " suggestion.
    Now, when I place the switch in the OFF position ( while using OBD Eleven ), the DRL's are off.
    I must add, I always return the switch to " Auto ", when I am done playing with my device ( OBD Eleven that is ) !
    Thanks again
    Manny
    As you are from Canada do you realise this forum is in Australia and different laws apply here for things like this . EG we DONT have to have lights on during the day like you do in Canada, except for cars that have DRL's from the factory and then they MUST be lit when driving
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Interesting, I'm sure the Mk6 Golf has an option in the MFD to disable DRL. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Which as has already been said is not the thing to do in AUS, maybe legal in other countries

Why anyone would turn off a safety feature that enables others to see you is beyond me.
    my post is referring to a setting as a menu option via the media unit not using the AUTO position on the physical switch - jst providing another alternative

not here to debate the legality of it. its makes perfect sense to me as to what the OP is trying to do
    Last edited by daz32; 08-11-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Users Country Flag
    Any reference to back up it being 'illegal' to turn them off? Multiple website say they are not mandatory in Australia.

Daytime Running Lights - Driving Safely - RACQ

Drl’s aren’t legally required to be standard fitment, but if they are factory fitted, disabling them is the legal issue (and insurance/liability)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Drl’s aren’t legally required to be standard fitment, but if they are factory fitted, disabling them is the legal issue (and insurance/liability)
    Thats correct because I asked QLD TMR Technical Dept and thats what they told me also Unfortunately I cant find the Email about it

The main reason for wanting to turn off DRL is for drive-in cinemas. I need the radio on to listen to the audio from the movie but don't want to distract everyone else with the lights.

This goes for any time I'm parked and just want the audio, I don't want the light noise.

Users Country Flag

Ok further to this in OBD Eleven you can turn them off by putting the handbrake on so when you are in the garage using your dongle (or the OBD) you can have them out.

It is an app in the program and it works well and does NOT invalidate legality as unless the handbrake is on they wont go out

Doesnt need headlights on to work.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 03-05-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12