Thread: Driving lights on Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Driving lights on Tiguan

Has anyone fitted a LED light bar to MY 2018 Tiguan? Is so how was the high beam wire tapped into for the relay to operate the driving light? Separate switch to operate LED bar to turn off whilst on high beam will be installed.

Users Country Flag
    Simple matter to tap into the High Beam globe positive; to relay coil positive; relay coil negative to inside to switch; to Earth....and most importantly the lightbar is low enough not to influence the forward radar behind the front badge.....

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Does tapping into High Beam interfer with the Can Bus system therefore can show faults with the computer and lights?

If you only receive the 12v feed to trigger the circuit from the headlight circuit (common practice), but draw direct from the battery (fused), there shouldn’t be an issue.

I answered this in another thread and before that few weeks ago when the same question was asked. In a Canbus controlled vehicle a normal relay system cannot be used at all. Installing a light bar or driving lights

Then someone asked why it was needed and I answered in the same thread.

Users Country Flag

Keen to see some pictures as I have been thinking about putting some in behind the front bar, under the under where the number plate is fitted - R line bar
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line