Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Driver Personalization for newbie

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    I picked up a barely used 2021 Allspace Wolfsburg last week, with every bell and whistle in VW's Tiggy-specific arsenal, and I'm quite peeved that Adaptive Lane Guidance is not in the menu, nor mentioned in the manual. Looks like I'm ordering an OBDEleven.
    If you drive properly and dont wander you dont really need it I have lane assist or whatever it was called in 2019 and its good enough. It pulls you back to centre if you wander too close to edges and if you resist it will shake the wheel. Whichever one you have you still need hands on the wheels and if it doesnt move even in a straight line it will tell you to resume control so you just give it a little wiggle
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    If you drive properly and dont wander you dont really need it I have lane assist or whatever it was called in 2019 and its good enough. It pulls you back to centre if you wander too close to edges and if you resist it will shake the wheel. Whichever one you have you still need hands on the wheels and if it doesnt move even in a straight line it will tell you to resume control so you just give it a little wiggle
    I did end up getting the OBDEleven, and personally found adaptive lane guidance with "curve assistent" to be a significant improvement over the standard lane keep assist. As for when that would prove useful, I'd say long trips, provided I use one of the methods for getting around the hands-on-wheel requirements, while of course being vigilant behind the wheel regardless.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    I did end up getting the OBDEleven, and personally found adaptive lane guidance with "curve assistent" to be a significant improvement over the standard lane keep assist. As for when that would prove useful, I'd say long trips, provided I use one of the methods for getting around the hands-on-wheel requirements, while of course being vigilant behind the wheel regardless.
    So it seems you want to drive without hands on the wheel. Will be great till you hit a pothole or a big bump and car spears off before you react... Whats wrong with holding the wheel ALL the time. Seems the stupidest thing on here today as even Teslas arent all that good it seems
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    So it seems you want to drive without hands on the wheel. Will be great till you hit a pothole or a big bump and car spears off before you react... Whats wrong with holding the wheel ALL the time. Seems the stupidest thing on here today as even Teslas arent all that good it seems
    It's a good thing I'll have my eyes on the road to know when intervention may be required, as in being proactive rather than reactive. I don't trust the current systems nearly enough to believe they're safe to use without close monitoring. I wouldn't be driving hands-free for most of the trip in any case, as I actually like driving on long trips. It would be for taking breaks, and as a novelty.
    2021 Tiguan Allspace Wolfsburg Edition (Black, Panoramic Roof)
    2013 Alfa Romeo Giulietta JTDM (soon to be advertised for sale).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123