Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Coolant warning

Fill your radiator with harp seal tears.

Only use mermaid sweat in your washer reservoir.

And only ever use unicorn farts in your tyres.

I know you mean well and likely- for many cars, things won’t be an issue whether is water from some third-world place, or gods own bath water.

BUT, as end-users we’re supposed to follow manufacturer recommendations/industry best practices.

The calcium is only one trace element in the water and any one of these is enough- over time, to form deposits on various parts within the vehicle cooling system. Not what’s wanted when cars today aren’t fixed, but ‘$10000+ engine swap is the only thing a mechanic will do, when something isn’t easy to fix.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    Fill your radiator with harp seal tears.

Only use mermaid sweat in your washer reservoir.

And only ever use unicorn farts in your tyres.
    Haha, very funny!

Though, the one should only use demineralised or distilled water in the car cooling systems. The tap water is aBig NO,NO.

Every decent coolant manufacturer recommends using demineralised or distilled water when mixing concentrates

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ok so 54k kms coolant light is back on and coolant well below low.
    Once again ‘just top it up’ didn’t sit with me, I said it shouldn’t need topping up, coolant shouldn’t just disappear unless there is a leak somewhere or it’s burning it. Panel shop pressure tested it while they had it for me and it’s shown a leak somewhere. Back to VW today to be looked at. I’m hoping it’s not the water pump housing/seal again gone again surely.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    Ok so 54k kms coolant light is back on and coolant well below low.
    Once again ‘just top it up’ didn’t sit with me, I said it shouldn’t need topping up, coolant shouldn’t just disappear unless there is a leak somewhere or it’s burning it. Panel shop pressure tested it while they had it for me and it’s shown a leak somewhere. Back to VW today to be looked at. I’m hoping it’s not the water pump housing/seal again gone again surely.
    Time for a new water pump again.

Apparently not they just rang to say they can’t find a leak
    The pressure test hasn’t failed either hot or cold and the water pump is dry.
    Strange

Might be worth your while buying a tester and seeing for yourself. Sometimes dealers/mechanics tell porky pies...

At the 29xxx km service, VW dealer confirmed thermostat housing cracked and failed LOL...

Have had the entire lot replaced, at the same time they found out my car is tuned too, refer to "Recommendations"

Coolant warning-20200710_095302-jpg
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    Apparently not they just rang to say they can’t find a leak
    The pressure test hasn’t failed either hot or cold and the water pump is dry.
    Strange
    Took them 3x attempts to finally admit there was a fault. Yet the previous times they said nothing was wrong, however you could always smell coolant in the engine bay.
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

car back to fix a gearbox leak (which VW have said is a gearbox sump plug this time, but was a breather last time *shrugs*) but they noticed that there is a coolant leak (that I told them about at the 54k mark) so needs a new water pump
    this is the second water pump failure now. Car is officially at the 70k mark

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast