Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collision

Users Country Flag

It was never black and white as I spoke to VW Australia in general terms they said they "may" not support components replaced by not accredited repairers. In my mum's case it was left front from bumper bar including park sensors and AEB all the way to the rear door including all components like door control modules, central locking power windows etc. APIA said it covered by their repair warranty... For a car with 1300kms it was risk and Im glad independent inspector managed to get the car written off.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    As I am getting the front bumper replaced (due to the red light numb nuts driver), am I right to assume new front bumpers come unpainted so the whole bumper will need to be painted ?

If so, I thought this may be a good time to have plugs put in the holes so I can get rid of the black plastic under the number place as the whole bumper has to be painted and they can just paint the plugs with it ?
    (like in this thread: What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    As I am getting the front bumper replaced (due to the red light numb nuts driver), am I right to assume new front bumpers come unpainted so the whole bumper will need to be painted ?

If so, I thought this may be a good time to have plugs put in the holes so I can get rid of the black plastic under the number place as the whole bumper has to be painted and they can just paint the plugs with it ?
    (like in this thread: What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?)
    Yes new bumpers come unpainted so ideal time to do the numberplate hole coverup.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks mate

Going to put the new number-plate on. Never screwed one directly into the plastic bumper as there has always been pre-drilled holes

Is there any special way to attach the number plate directly onto the plastic bumper

Users Country Flag
    Double sided tape. Worked for me, lasted about 15 years till I took them off to sell the car.
    And now the same tape has been holding them to the wall in my garage for the last 4 years.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    Double sided tape. Worked for me, lasted about 15 years till I took them off to sell the car.
    And now the same tape has been holding them to the wall in my garage for the last 4 years.
    Similar to one of these ?

Any fear of someone just yanking it off if its just double side tape holding it on ?
    Last edited by FastMitch; 16-08-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12